Sign in to follow this  
Tarzan

Fastest pins ??

that was a lightning fast pin in the semis by ATM.  I blinked and his opponent was in the air and honestly I think the clock operator was 1 second slow.  It looked like 8 seconds.

I'm not for certain but I seem to remember Eric Slugantz (two timer from Woodford) getting a sub 5 second pin one year at state. 

I think the Slugantz pin was 5 seconds but it clearly did not take that long.  It seemed like it took two seconds and I'm not exaggerating.  Yes I realize that a ref is supposed to count two seconds for a pin but most don't do the one one-thousand, two one-thousand thing.  That was 2002 which was the first year they expanded it to a 32 man bracket.

I was trying to film but I did have a couple people say another second ticked away after the pin either way that was a big time shot a big time lift and pin on a big boy , a good kid from Union good and good hearted some wicked pics I saw today from that match I know kids get pinned quick I saw an eight a few Yrs back at state that was a four off of a pick , Austin hits his off a high crotch to a pin no one could do it that way in under 5 it's impossible .A quick pick or double head and arm or lat drop maybe .

It was 8 seconds. I was sitting right behind the table to the left on the clock in the Johnson Central section. The score keeper let a second tick off when it shouldn't have. As soon as it happened I looked at Geordon Blantons dad and said that was a 7 or 8 second pin...WOW!!!

Then it should have been given as a seven or eight either way he had a 12 day 1 and someone beat it I asked the 2nd day if he still had quickest pin and he said no a 106 got an 11 with a head n arm setting up a bad day for the first kid to not run to the hills on the whistle .

Those quick pins usually come first round in the miss matches , I have never seen one in the semis that quick it got me super pumped and it was only seconds after Mathews lost to Smith too Austin looked at our crowd and waved his arms up like let's go It was freaking Awesome one of the coolest things I have ever seen .It was a great tournament for him he has worked so hard and spent so much time his whole life , I know I hype him up and always have but when I say he out trains everyone I mean no one even comes close .and even the coaches in SW ohio know it he spent a lot of time over there the last couple months at a few places .Love to see him win Dapper Dan and some other stuff He will do his best as always .