Mike Calhoun

State Observations

If they only wanted to roll up one mat it would've been nice if they had chosen one of the middle ones. It was nice to see the St. Catherine College mats there knowing they are starting a program there next year is welcome sight in KY. Any thoughts on why Brock didn't end the match when it looked as if he could've easily scored two towards the end, almost looked as if he waved it off then tried to pin the kid even though he would've already had the tech fall. Not having the beach balls and tp wasn't really that big of a deal, I would trade beach balls for a finals mat any day. Think everyone did a good job spreading the word and keeping it under control. Seemed like more people stayed longer this year. Consistency is a big issue on the calls being made, I thought the new rule was that if either wrestler has a supporting body part within the circle such as feet then they are considered inbounds. Being only one mat with no worries of flowing over into an adjoining mat and other kids, I felt there were several instances where two should've ben awarded but was not. If refs are worried about kids going off the mats then we should bring additional rolls to put along the edges since the mats were no where near each other but kids were still called out of bounds when they shouldn't have been. Any other observations? Comments? Just seemed kind of quiet on here considering we just had a pretty awesome tourney the other day. Congrats to all, and I personally would like to see Carr stay in KY and see if he can be the next five timer.

Big match for Carr big win over trae who is a great kid and wrestler good luck to him at the next level ,

Big win for Mathews over Smith to hit the finals smith having wins over courtney and Frankrone who had wins over Mathews , a nice opportunity for him and for the fans to see the most wide range of matches from a tough group at 182 ,

Congrats to Mattingly a two time runner up to a now HS undefeated three x devilishly handsome state Champ Camel , Brock Fausz ATM all repeat as expected Trae hits a bump in what is the long road of wrestling it happens now and again .

I looked at it this way with Brock, who absolutely chose not to get that takedown, even waved it off. He wanted to go out with style. That last takedown would've been off of the Danville kid tripping and wasn't an exciting takedown. I also think Brock did want the tech fall since it's considered the ultimate victory in certain circles. Wouldn't surprise me if he joked about getting a tech fall in the finals with his teammates earlier.

Good post. It's nice to hear of positive thoughts from you Tarzan. I saw you for the first time this weekend and heard some of your conversations. I now know that you are a very proud dad concerning your talented children as we all are if our own. I can't say that I didn't have preconceived notions about you in the past but with positive comments like this one you will gain more followers and well wishes for your children. Keep it up. ATM looked great. Congratulations.

• Upvote 2

My observation for the finals is for the facility to invest in a mat light for the finals. It would create a great feeling for the finals. I would think a facility that host such prestigious horse shows would already have lighting in place. Looked like a great tournament!

Not really sure how to reply , I can't say thanks since you obviously thought of and cast me in a stereotypical negative light , and I won't be mad since you somewhat complimented me lol !! I will say its nit nice to eavesdrop :)Of course I'm a proud dad , I like almost all the kids/ wrestlers I have ever met and try to help whomever I can an want my own kids todo the best they can and that means being the best ,

As for ATM hard for him to be his best he goes extra miles an has few who can push him to improve but it's all good . I'm sure if some bad call cost him everyone would have a lot more Bs to talk bad about me over but it won't happen as for this weekend I was very pleased with him and his team some fell short others stepped up and surprised I think it all evened out happy an sad to see some go I will miss watching kids like Turner Sinclair Fausz and Maggard from our team and kids like Brock and trae Courtney and Boston and smith and the rest and kida like Mattingly who may not have pushed ATM to his limit

But at least made him work for it a bit. .

Was in an awesome mood yesterday but with two kids in big tournaments in different parts of the country it's a bit stressful ,Stephen loses his first match at regionals possibly knocking him out of making nat , comes back gets a tech 3 pins and a win against the kid he lost to earlier , and is headed to nationals as true fresh with a little

More drama to boot think he represented well , big day for us , and to all the people who talked smack about me/ us lol CC first 3x champ and undefeated HS wrestler and his brother who is headed to nat on the #2 ranked NAIA team in the. Nation say . What have you done this week hahahaha

ATM copy's his brothers jr record of 4 pins and a tech with an 8 sec pin , although stephs was faster last yr he had 4 he didn't get but ATM had an 8 , a 9 , an 18 , a 33 and a tech half way through the match and a td he should have gotten called out , not complaining but well never mind stalling is stalling just because your wrestling a monster doesn't mean you can't call it but it's all good .

Ole Tarzan caught the thieves red handed lol little ten yr old thieves that's horrible and moms lying for em cops should gav threw em all in the pokey moms kids and all lol

• Upvote 1

8 seconds , 18 seconds , 9 seconds , 33 , seconds , tech in the 2nd :) And momma says he just didn't loook like himself , hahahaahahahabah

ATM represented CC stayed with the traditional straight purple for finals , mommas like the flashier singlets

8 seconds , 18 seconds , 9 seconds , 33 , seconds , tech in the 2nd :) And momma says he just didn't loook like himself , hahahaahahahabah

ATM represented CC stayed with the traditional straight purple for finals , mommas like the flashier singlets

That's the first thing my wife noticed as we were watching the finals on line....she immediately saw ATM was wearing just the plain purple singlet.

Never been a big Union fan.  My heart broke though for Trae last night. He didn't look himself in the finals match.  Felt he wrestled not to lose.  I hope it don't keep him down long.  He has a very bright future.  Just a horrible way to go out.  Not taking anything away from Carr.  He wrestled a perfect match.

Kudos to Tucker Hurst.  Great kid, hard worker and tremendous heart.  Really enjoyed watching him battle to win it all.

I predicted Mason Smith making the podium.  Told people all year he would do better than 6th was my prediction.  Great job.  Keep working hard.

Aj Bindner.  Keep your head up.  It was just one of those tournys.  Not your day.  Definately could have won it on any given day.  Get back to work.  You'll see your day in the sun.

• Upvote 1

I like the plain jane purple singlets! Austin is a great kid. It has been a pleasure watching him the past 3 years.

Frankrone wrestled part-time varsity last year for X and was allowed to transfer to Trinity with out sitting out a year and score 29 points for Trinity while St X didn't score in that weight class. Never understood why he didn't have to sit

Tarzan, Your son was a beast, watched the finals , he probably would have made HWY look that easy, Parrot might go 3 periods but not win

Frankrone wrestled part-time varsity last year for X and was allowed to transfer to Trinity with out sitting out a year and score 29 points for Trinity while St X didn't score in that weight class. Never understood why he didn't have to sit

Tarzan, Your son was a beast, watched the finals , he probably would have made HWY look that easy, Parrot might go 3 periods but not win

Did he move to that side of town?

I like parrot and from region 2 but I dont think a hs wrestler in this state could go all 3 rounds with atm

Not this year, anyway. The kid's just too damn good.

Trinity and X doesn't have attendance boundaries, you can live next door to X and go to Trinity, They are private schools so change of address doesn't apply

Its just easier to pin the big boys, probably a 10-12 point difference between ATM and Parrott

Trinity and X doesn't have attendance boundaries, you can live next door to X and go to Trinity, They are private schools so change of address doesn't apply

Its just easier to pin the big boys, probably a 10-12 point difference between ATM and Parrott

....in the first period.

Not going to bash a state champ but Austin has majored and pinned kids that Parrot could not last a match with this yr anyone at Franklin or Fairfield or Pickerington has seen it . He pinned a kid in under 35 seconds at Gmva that Parrot would not last a match with , Mattingly actually lasted the match last yr and avoided a pin while getting teched in a per and a half this yr .

Of course he's welcome to try and ATM can make 195 . Regardless congrats to him he's an athletic and talented wrestler and state champ .

Bluegrass games open mats whatever whoever it's always the same deal .

Enrollment to Trinity & St X has nothing to do with KHSAA rules. But, playing sports their rules apply to X & Trinity just like they apply to every school in Kentucky! Their are exceptions to the rules when you transfer and Trinity & St. X ARE NOT EXEMPT FROM KHSAA RULES!

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Cheers for Mr. Sells, 160 wt. class,  of Christian County from this east ky fan,  Down 13-11 to Lampe with about 15 seconds to go got illegally slammed on his head.  I've seen many wrestlers in the past who would of taken an injury default win and some miracle would occur and they would be ready to go in the next round.  Again, Cheers to Mr. Sells for deciding it on the mat.

Frankrone wrestled part-time varsity last year for X and was allowed to transfer to Trinity with out sitting out a year and score 29 points for Trinity while St X didn't score in that weight class. Never understood why he didn't have to sit

He moved.....just like any other kid can do at any other public school in the state. No private school privileges. Very plain and simple. He moved

Under KHSAA rules Tyler should have been ineligible, I have lost many years and a def regional team championship because of these rules even when they first declared eligible and change their mind a week later because a state rep that also has ties to KHSAA enforcement said "Anyone that leaves a private school should have to sit out a year no matter what" then the KHSAA schedules an appeals hearing 3 days after regionals. Sorry If  still have a few sour grapes over that one. Sad thing is that the kid did something stupid and was asked to leave. No offense Mr. Frankrone, your son is very talented, just tired of the ways the KHSAA plays with their rules. It would have been ironic if they lost by 28 points though

Yeah, especially Christian County because I remember a kid that laid down in the state semis from Christian a few years ago after he was losing a match and got to go to the finals