Sign in to follow this  
three

Dixie

Congrats to Branden Johnson! And to Dixie Wrestling and Coach Simmons for finally crowning your State Champion! It has been a long time coming and my family is very proud!!!! :D

Let's give it up for the region 6 boy representing in the finals. Brandon Johnson had a tremendous tournament pinning the whole way through. Hard to believe it was the same kid I wrestled as a senior. Nick Sinclair works his tail off to meet him in the finals. And because of my extreme bias I do wish the match had been closer but I can't get mad at a kid doing his job! Congrats Brandon! From one HWT state champ to another.

Let's give it up for the region 6 boy representing in the finals. Brandon Johnson had a tremendous tournament pinning the whole way through. Hard to believe it was the same kid I wrestled as a senior. Nick Sinclair works his tail off to meet him in the finals. And because of my extreme bias I do wish the match had been closer but I can't get mad at a kid doing his job! Congrats Brandon! From one HWT state champ to another.

great post!

if I'm not mistaken this is also Coach Simmons final year.  He has been coaching for over 40 years.  Most of which were at Centerville Ohio.

What a way to go out at the age of 75+

Coach Simmons has worked very diligently to bring Dixie's program into it's own with minimal help from Dixie's administration. He has mentored many young wrestlers/men including my own and now has finally gotten his Ky State Champion! Congrats to Coach Simmons, his Dixie wrestlers and families on a terrific season! It was the way we all hoped and prayed he would go out-On top! Love Ya Coach! :D

Coach Simmons is an awesome person! He coached our team my sophomore and junior year. Had the pleasure of talking with him at several tournaments this year, I wish him the best after he retires. I must say for being like 90 he is in incredible shape!

I wonder once he leaves who is going to take over the program?? 

Sign in to follow this