Sign in to follow this  
Keepyourheadup

STATE FINALS

Region 5...come in sloshed or something related to the bourbon trail...Region 8...probably coal I guess.  Region 4 is all louisville so maybe all cardinals or dressed in Derby best.  Region 1 I have no idea...what is even in that area.  Youre guess is as good as mine for 1,2, or 3

1 can come in barefooted and wearing straw hats and overhauls with holes and such since they are so poor and live in towns with only one or two stop lights lol Jk

Region 1 will Air Assault in from the roof in military gear, representing the heritage of the 101st Screaming Eagles.   Or Combines celebrating the farming heritage of the western part of the state.

Region 2 can come in on Tanks.

Region 1 will Air Assault in from the roof in military gear, representing the heritage of the 101st Screaming Eagles. Or Combines celebrating the farming heritage of the western part of the state.

Region 2 can come in on Tanks.

Awesome

I say that they come in on chariots like Hunger games dressed to represent each region. I'm going to go ahead and suggest dressing like horses or houseboats for region 7.

They should have a cannon boom every time someone gets knocked out of the tournament. 

Was told they didn't move the other mats because there is a youth tourney going on tomorrow. They wanted to save time by not rolling them up tonight only to turn around and roll them back out in the morning.

While I understand the reasoning, I don't like it either.

Unfortunately the exact opposite Josh. Barren told me he didn't care about Sunday and did exactly what I asked they NOT do. And acted like a real jerk while doing it I might add.

Let me say this. No one is forcing Mike Barren to be over wrestling. I'm pretty sure he chooses to. That being said, every time I was on the floor next to the head table, he seemed disgruntled and not enjoying the event. Than quit your job mike!!! No ones making you be apart of our sport. He especially seemed disgruntled during semis when I saw him yelling at shaw over the walkie talkie. Get someone in there that will enjoy the job and work to bringing the High School tournament as good as the Middle School one.

• Upvote 1

Was that the guy who was yelling at Coach Knable when he asked about warming the kids up on the main floor before the tournament?

I wasn't there for the final rounds on Saturday, family stuff, so I am not certain how it all went down...but if we really wanted to highlight the finals, how about this?

On Saturday, wrestle all the way back, completing the Consolation Finals, and then take a break before the Championship Finals. (It doesn't have to be too long, but let's recognize these kids for their accomplishments and make it special!)

During the break, elevate the Championship Mat, like the NCAAs, on risers under a center spotlight in the middle of the arena. Before the finals, turn off the lights, other than the center mat spotlight, and allow the place-winners, in uniform, to walk around the arena floor and then line up around the Championship Mat, but not on the elevated mat. (Third placers would be led out, then Fourth placers, etc.) Then, have the finalists walk out in two single file lines and line up on the raised mat for a face-off under the lights. We could then have the someone sing My Old Kentucky Home and then the National Anthem. When the wrestlers are introduced, put their pictures (Or live images) on the large team score screen as the announcer reads off their accomplishments for the year/career. (With some time limitations, of course.) Then the boys walk across, shake hands, and the lighter weights could leave to warm up. Put the actual, live, matches on the big screen as well... Award medals between championship matches and keep the thing moving.

They may already do some of this, but these are some options.

If the khsaa was to use this format for the finals the arena would be at capacity and khsaa would make more money. The finals should be something spectacular not a spectical.

• Upvote 1

8798 for KHSAA head prez!! I believe that not only would he be an advocate of the sport, but he just may be able to instill some morals among us as well.

Thanks IWIN...but I have no intention of running for office.  Ha.  Ha.

In some of our surrounding states, the championship finals are a sight to behold.  People will travel to see the finals even when their own school doesn't even have a state qualifier.  It is not just the wrestling they are coming to see...it is the presentation.

Sign in to follow this