Sign in to follow this  
Keepyourheadup

STATE FINALS

Was told they didn't move the other mats because there is a youth tourney going on tomorrow. They wanted to save time by not rolling them up tonight only to turn around and roll them back out in the morning.

While I understand the reasoning, I don't like it either.

Dont think this is true. They roll the hs ones up and take them out after the finals. The grade school tourney brings in 10 new ones. The reason it wasnt all moved around this year is so the fans wouldnt know it was time for the finals to start. They had a bunch of injuries from people throwing things last yr. They wanted to start the finals wothout all the comotion while the mats are being rolled up.

The one mat makes it more dramatic and a bigger show feel , it did seem closer to the crowd the way it was but it could have had both feels leaving the two Mats out at the ends for finalists to warm up on removing the two center ones and leaving the finals mat as it was , that would have been perfect . !! Only thing missing was some beach balls and some silly string :)

And a couple less thieves would have been appreciated as well, but with police that let them stay even after being caught what do you expect .

Pitiful when the world comes to having pathetic excuses for human beings have their children go around stealing other peoples property because they know they are just kids and won't get into trouble , even sadder having police that are ignorant enough to agree that yes they stold your property but you caught them and upset them and their parents so it's all even lol , pathetic

I actually thought it was a good location for the finals mat ... it felt a little bit "closer" to the crowd

But if you were sitting on the other side of the arena, good luck seeing the mat very well.

But if you were sitting on the other side of the arena, good luck seeing the mat very well.

The other end is where the KHSAA was setup, and there are hardly any seats above their setup though? I can see your point for the back corners though

Did anyone else notice the absence of the introduction of Commissioners Tackett and Barren before the finals??? They are usually there around the medals table.

I'm guessing they didn't wanna be booed. No wait, I'm sure they didn't get introduced because it was probably unsafe for someone.

The change in the format without all the break time between rounds was wonderful as a fan.

The only things missing were the proper face offs with music and a spotlight.

Maybe they will get back to that level for the finals next year.

If the KHSAA still has concerns, all they would have to do is make them known and I believe the fans would honor their requests. The extra mats could have easily been rolled up and I'm sure the fans would have still been respectful.

I wasn't there for the final rounds on Saturday, family stuff, so I am not certain how it all went down...but if we really wanted to highlight the finals, how about this?

On Saturday, wrestle all the way back, completing the Consolation Finals, and then take a break before the Championship Finals.  (It doesn't have to be too long, but let's recognize these kids for their accomplishments and make it special!) 

During the break, elevate the Championship Mat, like the NCAAs, on risers under a center spotlight in the middle of the arena.  Before the finals, turn off the lights, other than the center mat spotlight, and allow the place-winners, in uniform, to walk around the arena floor and then line up around the Championship Mat, but not on the elevated mat.  (Third placers would be led out, then Fourth placers, etc.)  Then, have the finalists walk out in two single file lines and line up on the raised mat for a face-off under the lights.  We could then have the someone sing My Old Kentucky Home and then the National Anthem.  When the wrestlers are introduced, put their pictures (Or live images) on the large team score screen as the announcer reads off their accomplishments for the year/career.  (With some time limitations, of course.)  Then the boys walk across, shake hands, and the lighter weights could leave to warm up.  Put the actual, live, matches on the big screen as well...  Award medals between championship matches and keep the thing moving.

They may already do some of this, but these are some options. 

• Upvote 1

No you don't have the feel of the younger generation my friend you have to remix it dubstep it up and mix it in with some

Evil 300 sounding epic stuff , it would work .

Yeah well region six can come

Out in Chariots pulled by White lions , Black panthers , and Bengal --- Cheerleaders :)

Or chariots pulled by Harley's with Bengal Cherleaders riding them .

Or just carried out on sleds or whatever those things are called by Bengal Cheerleaders .

Sign in to follow this