Sign in to follow this  
ukpridewrestler11

State wrestling all purpose thread.

4-3 with about 10 seconds left in the Carr vs Austin match, Carr gets called twice for stalling to tie it up. Also in that 10 seconds, Caleb Austin got hit twice for cautions. As soon as overtime starts, Austin gets another caution call to give a 5-4 victory to David Carr. #3 beats #2

ukpridewrestler11: one problem overtime had not started. The referee had not pointed to the table to put one minute on the clock. Austin and Carr were waiting, receiving coaching instructions, then after making the call the ref walks to the table make the 3rd caution call and informs the coaches "your kid cautioned before the stalling call" crap call, by a crap West Virginia referee.

ukpridewrestler11: one problem overtime had not started. The referee had not pointed to the table to put one minute on the clock. Austin and Carr were waiting, receiving coaching instructions, then after making the call the ref walks to the table make the 3rd caution call and informs the coaches "your kid cautioned before the stalling call" crap call, by a crap West Virginia referee.

Your wrong. The clock resets its self to one minute automatically going into overtime. The ref was in between the two wrestlers, pointed to scores table, blew the whistle then blew it again to give the caution. Their are no breaks in wrestling for coaching. He also didnt say he cautioned before the stall call, that would be impossible. The stall call is what sent it into overtime. Then getting ready to start overtime the kid put his foot on the line and his hand on the ground which isnt allowed.

Just like if a kid gets in referees position wrong before the second period. Second period hasnt started yet, but its still considered second period for the penalty. . 

ukpridewrestler11: one problem overtime had not started. The referee had not pointed to the table to put one minute on the clock. Austin and Carr were waiting, receiving coaching instructions, then after making the call the ref walks to the table make the 3rd caution call and informs the coaches "your kid cautioned before the stalling call" crap call, by a crap West Virginia referee.

I agree with that being a questionable call 100%. I also thought the woodford coaches were walkin up to the table to question the stalling call and he was in the progress of starting overtime before everything settled.

Potential upset of the tourney? Johnson (Dixie Heights) fall :22 Young (Lafayette)

Last year Young won on a throw against Johnson with :10 left on the clock. Johnson was up 6-4.

Great match between two great kids.

Austin myers: 4 pins in 1 min 8 seconds with the finals to go... Wow!!! Also the Dixie heavy in finals with four pins in under 2 min as well. Good job to Sinclair for making finals, amazing what wrestling Austin as well as having self-drive can do for ya. Good luck everyone!

On a side note, it's inevitable that Brock will get MOW seeing as a 5x champ has never happened in this state, and he is deserving, but if it's tournament based (as I think it should be), then it shouldn't even be close as to who should get it if he gets another quick pin in finals.

Also, there is no bias here, I respect ANY and ALL kids who lace up and strap on headgear, because wrestlers have the biggest balls of any athlete (sorry about the language, no other word could come to mind), but I have to throw out my opinion for Austin as MOW (I know my opinion is just that, an opinion).

A lot of deserving wrestlers performing well. Atm, boston, and Ervin are just the 3 best. Out of those 3 what atm has done in this tournament seems to be the most outstanding.

precisely.... ATM will more than likely get his next year if he doesn't this year, and as stated before, brock is deserving too if/when he becomes the first 5xer... must be a good feeling to be as awesome as these three wrestlers you have mentioned.  without a doubt, one of the most talented group of wrestlers ky has had in a single year

• Downvote 1

Sign in to follow this