Ranger123

Abbreviated Ranger Report

That's Impressive - so ranger give us the reg breakdown who's the toughest reg ?????

I know 6 had seven finalists - -4 champs don't know how many placers or points ??

That's Impressive - so ranger give us the reg breakdown who's the toughest reg ?????

I know 6 had seven finalists - -4 champs don't know how many placers or points ??

Was thinking about it earlier but my brain is mush after dealing with 900 kids yesterday. Maybe tomorrow.

Campbell graduates four, all placers ( champ, runner-up, 4th, and 5th)  They return 4 placers (champ, runner-up, 4th, and 8th) of the 11 guys they qualified 7 were underclassman. Next year Campbell will be lead by two talented seniors Eli Matthews and Austin Myers.  They also have a core of kids who were four time MS state champs waiting in the wings to get their chance to prove themselves at the high school level.  If they get little yenter (sorry forgot first name) and Ryan Moore in their line-up that would be two more placers, so they would be right back in the mix next year. 

Woodford losses three placers (boston, carr, and courtney)  They will return hurst, roberts, andrioni (who would have made finals in my opinion), and a handful of others.  I think they are out if carr does not return.

Union will be solid again losing brock, gahafer, blackwell, dezember, smith, and carter (all placers except smith),  They return saul, sheffer, sherman, and brown.  I know that both oxfords are tough and could place next year.  And they always have one or two tough light weights move up from middle school.  The way it looks right now they will be in the hunt as well.

Trinity returns all but one (kahl who was not a placer), they return heidorf, frankrone (champ), duncan, barton, miozza (champ), corolla.  They will be tough to beat bringin back the majority of their line-up and coming from a very weak region (should have more qualifiers).   

Final thoughts... A TON OF YOUNG TALENT IN KY RIGHT NOW, MAKES FOR EXCITING WRESTLING SEASONS!!

Woodford loses Boston and Courtney . Even with two returning champs I can't see them as front runners ,looks like Trinity CC Fern Creek will be tough , match ups at state will be crucial such as Frankrone - Mathews , Myers - Corrolla - I'm which cass I expect trinity to stick to their MO and run someone around for a win . CC has a lot of good young lightweights Wells Krebs Moore Yenter , not all

Can be 106 or 113 upper weights CC will do well and I see some who made it to state placing easily next yr , Krebs and Grazziani ,

Trinity looks to be loaded and knowing the way it is will probably pick up some

More transfer talent .

I know some of you will laugh when this is said, but I think in the next couple of years you will see more from Region 8.  With the addition of Bourbon, Harrison and Montgomery Counties along with Johnson Central and Perry Central they will be making a name for themselves.  It might be a couple of years but it is coming!

Lafayette will be strong returning state qualifiers:  Both Vasquez brothers, Landon Young, Jon Green, Justin Torgersen and I may be missing some.  I think Henry Clay loses a lot.  I think they lose all but one of their state qualifiers.  If I'm mistaken I apologize.  I think Wayne County returns everyone but Morrow...again I could be mistaken.

[quote name="neverbreak" post="107290" timestamp="

Trinity returns all but one (kahl who was not a placer), they return heidorf, frankrone (champ), duncan, barton, miozza (champ), corolla. They will be tough to beat bringin back the majority of their line-up and coming from a very weak region (should have more qualifiers).

Final thoughts... A TON OF YOUNG TALENT IN KY RIGHT NOW, MAKES FOR EXCITING WRESTLING SEASONS!!

Lafayette will be strong returning state qualifiers: Both Vasquez brothers, Landon Young, Jon Green, Justin Torgersen and I may be missing some. I think Henry Clay loses a lot. I think they lose all but one of their state qualifiers. If I'm mistaken I apologize. I think Wayne County returns everyone but Morrow...again I could be mistaken.

Lafayette will also have the 182, 195, and 220 back. 2 of them state qualifiers and the 220 was injured for regionals.

Lafayette will also have the 182, 195, and 220 back. 2 of them state qualifiers and the 220 was injured for regionals.

they will not have Quigley back. Quigley was 160 I think. They lost him and avant. Think that's it. They should be tough again

Henry Clay will reload. In 2 years, they will be back in the hunt.

Henry clay has it great being the only high school in lex with a true middle school feeder program. It will be interesting to see what happens when lex gets a new high school in a couple yrs, they will get a lot of the Hayes kids. Think tha\ will hurt Henry clay and make for a strong new program. They won't have to start with totally fresh kids.