Ranger123

Abbreviated Ranger Report

See these are very good. Only major difference is leaton from oldham at 182 . He's pinned shacklet 3 times and leaton has a pretty nice draw to face shacklet again and that's a huge if shacklet gets past ricsh from Dixie . Awesome job

Thanks Ranger.....Not enough talk on Tucker Hurst.....He is the one to beat at 106....Tucker TIME !!!! Watch him go !!!!!

I agree. Hernandez/hurst can go either way.

Andreoni from woodford beat whalen 3-1 at state duals... 6 is a very low ranking, kahl also got beat by branch 2 times. One i believe was a pin

145 definitely has some dangerous kids that could surprise some folks.

See these are very good. Only major difference is leaton from oldham at 182 . He's pinned shacklet 3 times and leaton has a pretty nice draw to face shacklet again and that's a huge if shacklet gets past ricsh from Dixie . Awesome job

yep risch...pinned your number 4 ......

yep risch...pinned your number 4 ......

This might have been the most wrong Ranger has ever been. Not to say he doesn't know what he is talking about, just that this year was full of surprises. HWT was a huge surprise, Carr beating Blackwell was awesome, Eli Matthews in the finals, tucker mueller not making the podium, this had to be one of my favorite state tournaments ever. (Besides the '12 season)

• Upvote 1

Well Union didn't win by forty or anywhere near it !!!! And with one twist or turn and a ref that knew wtf he was doing they wouldn't have won at all , I don't even think they scored the tournament right to begin with . And ???? Why didnt they tell CC score , not saying they won but The score was close and questionable ???

And some refs can't call a pin for nothing stupid putting such high caliber matches in the hands of people who call them so much differently than other refs or who just should t be there , and having little girls at tables controlling times in matches with under ten secon pins who are more focused on looking at the crowd than stopping a clock !!!!

Would not make light of 220 !!class Mueller is a good wrestler who DNP and the finals were a repeat of last yr with a little different ending but the same outcome .

I actually think Ranger short changes his own team perhaps to avoid heat from the rest of the forum or state not really sure !!

Sinclair as I said earlier would be the most improved wrestler in the tournament he and Logan Erdman went from no place last yr to the state Finals !!!!! Erdman having yrs of experience Sinclair taking off a couple yrs and in two making the big show and having quite a run even with a broken bone in his hand the last few weeks .:) seizing opportunity when it came he wrestled much better this season as it progressed and few seemed to notice he had great wins even beating the winner of the rumble tournament and placing well every go , congrats big dog proud of you and all the CC upper weights as well as the rest . Next yr Grazziani will be the schocker .

Krebs is a much better wrestler than his placing showed I expect CC lightweights as well as the whole team to be dominant next yr.

And yes a team that wins a state title and us runner up two yrs afterwards is a Dynasty , one I expect will cap of a nice four yr or more run next yr with a title , union loses irreplaceable wrestlers next yr in brock and trae but us still loaded , X loses one of the top five wrestlers in the state in J , Lampe , Woodford Loses Boston and Courtney ,

CC loses some tough srs a state finalist an two multi x placers and a multi x state champ headed to the next level who is irreplacable as a wrestler leader and just a great kid to be around , but seems to have lightweights a plenty even some in the stands who could have placed , .

CC has a ton of experienced guys returning who have wrestled in and out of state and on the national level at that , yes I'm a Homer :) and the state Duals disaster is a distant memory replaced with a finish that was much closer than most people would have dreamed .

Well Union did win !!! Of course they scored the tournament wrong. Sounds like some camel toes got stepped on to me. Way to get the job done Union !

• Upvote 1

Lol yes union won and no over bearing union fan no toes got stepped on congrats to them after being the bridesmaid or just in the wedding party the last few yrs I would say it was

their turn as is the case in the sport - tides ebb an flow and teams peak - actually nice to see such a good group finally get their rings ,

But I think they we're sweating it a bit more than they cared for or anyone thought they would and I think ther are a few Camels who will graduate next yr with a ring for each Hand :)

Lol yes union won and no over bearing union fan no toes got stepped on congrats to them after being the bridesmaid or just in the wedding party the last few yrs I would say it was

their turn as is the case in the sport - tides ebb an flow and teams peak - actually nice to see such a good group finally get their rings ,

But I think they we're sweating it a bit more than they cared for or anyone thought they would and I think ther are a few Camels who will graduate next yr with a ring for each Hand :)

back-to-back runner ups has your wedding party upset it seems, not to mention the only reason that union didn't 3peat was because the Myers boys came into town. Don't think Campbell would have even been runner up that year without them. Congrats to ATM on his 3rd title and undefeated career thus far. He's an enjoyable wrestler to watch 

Union State Titles since 2000= 4

Campbell Co Titles since 2000= 2

back-to-back runner ups has your wedding party upset it seems, not to mention the only reason that union didn't 3peat was because the Myers boys came into town. Don't think Campbell would have even been runner up that year without them. Congrats to ATM on his 3rd title and undefeated career thus far. He's an enjoyable wrestler to watch 

Union State Titles since 2000= 4

Campbell Co Titles since 2000= 2

True, but everyone is still chasing 13 titles! Lol

Looks like Ranger nailed it again!!

Champions rankings as follows;

9- #1 seeds

3- #2 seeds

1- #3 seed

1- #4 seed

Winning as a number #4 seed HWT was not a huge shock, heavies seemed to be very close this year. As always there are a few surprises both as wins and losses every year but Ranger is consistently spot on what he does!

Great JOB ranger!!!!

Even though job implies that you get paid for your services (which you don't), we appreciate your effort and hard that you do each season!

And had jayce and whoever not went to union , Union would not even have been runner up bridesmaids theist two yrs ???

And the only way they would have three peated is if the Myers had went to Union lol

Where have you been the last three yrs

CC 12

Union 14 ???

Where does the 3 peat come in - before 12

Like I said I was glad for that group of course I wanted us to win - but you have everyone in the state scratching their head - I think Union has had some people people move in as well and X who has been quieted for now won last yr

And now Woodford who has had more wrestling refugees than all the 3rd world countries combined chimes in :) lol Jk

It's all good

My point was the scoring was not done correctly duiring the tournament I never said CC should have won but just like some of the reffing score table work and everything else the scoring was a bit off at times no biggie , enjoy your win you poor little union county guys with your one or two stop lights in the whole town , lol

Congrats on a well earned championship you did the work and your time came , that's how it's done .

• Upvote 1

You're right the 3peat could have happened 07 08 09 but trinity was the champion in 09, so i stand corrected. Campbell stopped a back-to-back by Union by winning in 2012. Needless to say I don't think Campbell would have even been in contention without the Myers. Question is will they be able to stop Union from back-to-back again ...

Not really my concern at the moment :) I will say our 195 will place next yr and ATM will win again .

And looking at who left and who CC has left in the lightweight I would have to say yes they Definatly have the capability of doing it.

I would have to say Trae and Brock were unions best wrestlers over the last few years along with Jayce and Blackwell , CC is loaded still that crown will

Be heavy with the king gone l o l

Good luck though as always I have been a fan .

I was reading courier journal and saw that Trinity placed 6....none of them seniors. They could be in the mix next year. X loses Justin, but also placed 6 returning kids. Fern Creek brings back just about everyone. Just because these schools don't say County after their name doesn't mean they can't bring it!

No one said anyone couldn't , nice propaganda against County schools , Fern creek was impressive and the private schools always have advantages they can be In the dumper one yr and a contender the next , I would say Trinity and X are always a contender .thats what their parents pay for !!!i was impressed with a lot of kids and teams and it wouldn't be a bad thing for some other team

Besides x Tri CC UC or Woodford to step up , I think Ryle returns a bunch as well , just going from what I have seen and what teams have coming back UC CC are too contenders Union till someone beats them and CC till they drop out of always being in the hunt wich I do not see happening for a grey beard ,youth studs jr high studs and THE STUD of STUDS who lives across the street from the school who will always be close by to lend a hand :)

I was impressed with Henry clay and Lafayette. Those were best 2 finishes I believe a Lexington school has ever had. And both keep most of the big names. They may not have a shot a first or second, but may hit the top 5 next year.

Henry Clay made a great run. Big win for Whalen....didn't think he'd survive the slide by. love watching Vasquez...good kid and very funky wrestler.

Tarzan--no propaganda against county schools, just saying Jefferson County has some schools who will contend next year with the perennial favorites UC and CC. Hoping for an exciting chase for the top spot.

I hope it's very exciting , of course I want ATM and his partners to go out with some

Rings like to see Wells Grazianni and the other younger guys get a ring for their hand , Sparh Wells , Grazziani , Krebs , Moore and all the younger guys along with Mathews and Austin , I think they can do it and I'm Sure Eli and Austin want to go out with a bang two headhunters leading the Camels it's going to be very interesting , Ryle is on the rise and Scott is tough CC doesn't have the advantage of bringing 14 from a weak reg it's a war zone . Starting with three less wrestlers than union And less than x i think they did rathe well I wasn't uoset at all some

Didn't do as well as expected but others did better. Not much to complain about .