Sign in to follow this  
cmccoy

Region 6 Predictions

I was looking through the results and I agree with whoever said Region 6 is the toughest region.  Looks like Union qualified 14 and so did St. X, but both come from very weak regions.  I did notice raynel brown is coming out of his region as a 4 seed.  lso noticed that Dezember lost in finals.  Frankrone beat smith 7-4 or 7-3 which is the first time this year.  State looks like it ix going to be fun.  At this point without seeing the random draw looks like union county is still the favorite. 

Who cares where you are ranked by ranger.. People ask him to make rankings and he does it for free and does a darn good job if it . If you don't like where you are ranked use that to motivate yourself. I appreciate everything ranger does for this sport. Rankings don't mean anything as long is you bring it every time you step on the mat. Matter if fact it's kind of nice to be ranked low then you can surprise some people. So Ranger I'd just like to say thank you for all the time that you put in for this sport

I agree when your kid looks at the ranking they either get motivated or they let a kid who is ranked higher get in their head even though they have all the abilities to beat the kid ranked higher... It's a double edge sword for most...

The funnest thing in wrestling is watching your kids the next is watching them outdo their ranking lol it's all good. 14 kids in a region dominated by one team is no surprise . Frankrone seems to be peaking at the right time and living up to some peoples expectations , he seems to have great potential , smith has battled all yr sure he is still the favorite -

No need for parents of kids who will never wrestle to argue all seems pointless , I wouldn't have jones ranked that low but I don't know all the kids soooo anyway he's going to state as a I or 2 seed so congrats to him a great kid

Not sure everyone hates CC didn't see it really ,

And I am very mad I missed my boys semis match yesterday this is getting irritating :)

Seems even some of the studs on unions team have fallen and in their own region - it happens .

And Otto I read Bucksmans loooong excuse for his nationally ranked 220 from moe losing what he basically explained as a fluke .

Guess he got fluked twice this month pinned twice in about as many weeks , like I said they don't want any , and the kid who stuck him this week was supposed to be at Fairfield but hit the flu !!!!!!

I grew up in northeast Ohio (Claymont Hs in Uhrichsville), but sufficiently south of Cleveland to not be considered part of wrestling royalty. You see, northeast Ohio is the epicenter of wrestling--just ask anyone from there!

Anyway, we (Claymont) were tough as nails but NE Ohio looked down on us. We were weak, while the Mentor district was a "Meatgrinder." We all looked down on central Ohio as being less competition too. Meanwhile all of Ohio laughed at the Cincy area and the southwest schools. Cincy schools all thought they were better than NKy.

And now it seems that NKy/Region 6 think they are the cream of the crop. But in the last 10 years haven't St X, Trinity, and Union all won state? Aren't the defending champs from outside region 6? This is almost as annoying as the SEC claim to supremacy.

I'm not saying anything is true or false. I'm just saying I love wrestling and some kid from Podunk is going to strap on a headgear and wrestle to win whether his opponent is from region 6 or not.

Kudos to all the qualifiers! Some thoughts...

Campbell County is clearly a cut above the rest. This comes as a huge shock because of how good the Gray Middle school team was just four years ago. In my honest opinion that was the best middle school team outside of the 06' Fern Creek. They have under-performed big time in my opinion.  Bankamper has done an excellent job with this team and they should do very well down at state.

Next year maybe a the year SK, Ryle and CC lose their strangle hold on all of the other schools. Scott and Coach Graven have done an amazing job rebuilding their program. I'm a big fan of Coach Graven as a person and competed against him while I was in school, he has a great crew over there who will make noise this year then some major headway next season!

SK is young but they're gonna be very competitive as long as Kaiser is there. He is a phenomenal coach!

Congrats to Cov Cath on their first state qualifier in school history. I'm a big fan of Joe Hunt and Dave Johnson. They have a long road ahead of them but the future is bright for the program. 

Since I'm from Conner I was super proud of Clayton Boyd. He wrestled his tail off losing to Roth by two points! This is "win" for him. Blake crushed him twice during the season and to put himself in position to win was very cool to see. Conner will be awfully young next year once Trevor graduates. I think they only have one junior, Jacob Warwick, so I think there about two years removed from being really competitive again.

Holmes always has great athletes and they have a good group of coaches its just gotta be frustrating how much great talent they lose year end and year out.

I was a little disappointed in Dixie. Thought they would be a lot better than they were. I think open enrollment in that district has killed them losing Cornett, Holub, and I'm sure several others. I think very highly of coach Simmons and I hate seeing him go out like he is. 

Overall, CC will carry the district over the next couple of years. However its going to take a while for them to put themselves in a position to win state once this crew is gone. Outside of Wells, I don't see any freshman or 8th grader making any sort of impact next year. They have some good sophomores but none are "state placing" material this year. 

Oh and I want whatever weight lifting program Meyers is on! Austin looked incredible, he is the best kid in the Region and I think he is the best kid in the state. Sorry Brock and Boston, put pound for pound Austin is the best our state has to offer. 

Great tourney!! Very impressed with my eagles.. Proud of my boy Elijah obviously... Been calling it for a while with nobody except his coach and fans giving him a shot. Want to give a shout out to TT great kid and class act.

Got give it to Tony Ashford the kid is just straight up good... Very impressive for a kid who didn't start wrestling until his freshman year... Schwachter hung on even with his back issues, great job toughing it out! He has been dealing with it for a while. I know Cornett was upset. But hey if he wasn't behind to begin with he would have won.

Frank and holub looked good and Sowder is no slouch and always brings it.. With the younger Holub coming next year along with several other very good wrestlers, the Scott programs future is looking very bright!

Congrats to all the young men, Very impressed! Looking forward to the state championships and watching all the region six boys bring home some medals!

I grew up in northeast Ohio (Claymont Hs in Uhrichsville), but sufficiently south of Cleveland to not be considered part of wrestling royalty. You see, northeast Ohio is the epicenter of wrestling--just ask anyone from there!

Anyway, we (Claymont) were tough as nails but NE Ohio looked down on us. We were weak, while the Mentor district was a "Meatgrinder." We all looked down on central Ohio as being less competition too. Meanwhile all of Ohio laughed at the Cincy area and the southwest schools. Cincy schools all thought they were better than NKy.

And now it seems that NKy/Region 6 think they are the cream of the crop. But in the last 10 years haven't St X, Trinity, and Union all won state? Aren't the defending champs from outside region 6? This is almost as annoying as the SEC claim to supremacy.

I'm not saying anything is true or false. I'm just saying I love wrestling and some kid from Podunk is going to strap on a headgear and wrestle to win whether his opponent is from region 6 or not.

I see what you're getting at here and know that this comment was made because of one of my previous posts.  I want to clarify something for you, No one ever said that one single team from Region 6 was the best, what was said, as a whole Region 6 is the toughest in the state.  If you do a little research before posting you would know that by and large the most placers/champs in the state tournament come from region 6 every year since I have been involved in KY wrestling.  As a region we score more points than any other region.  I think the next closest to ours was some 80 points behind last year.  Take it for what it is Region 1 had all eight man brackets (some with byes) in that region you can win one match and qualify for state.  In Region 4 it is the same way, even with the redistricting of regions this past year, no other region is as tough as REGION 6.  When you can show me and everyone else some hard evidence other than the "oh the state champs were from elsewhere" then don't make uneducated comments.

I do agree with one statement you made...If you don't come to wrestle next week you might get beat by that kid from boofoo, because he wants "it" just as bad as anyone!

Great tourney!! Very impressed with my eagles.. Proud of my boy Elijah obviously... Been calling it for a while with nobody except his coach and fans giving him a shot. Want to give a shout out to TT great kid and class act.

Got give it to Tony Ashford the kid is just straight up good... Very impressive for a kid who didn't start wrestling until his freshman year... Schwachter hung on even with his back issues, great job toughing it out! He has been dealing with it for a while. I know Cornett was upset. But hey if he wasn't behind to begin with he would have won.

Frank and holub looked good and Sowder is no slouch and always brings it.. With the younger Holub coming next year along with several other very good wrestlers, the Scott programs future is looking very bright!

Congrats to all the young men, Very impressed! Looking forward to the state championships and watching all the region six boys bring home some medals!

Ashford had a great tournament! Talked with Wiley and he told me that kids is freakishly strong! 

Big props to Miller. I'm man enough to say I got it wrong. Hope nothing but the best for Miller, and by best I mean second place at state :) 

Scott did look good this weekend Holub next year wont be a factor for Scott. He is too little and will get manhandled by high schoolers. It will be a couple years before he has any sort of impact for Scott.

can you do math 3 matches in 2 min and 10 or so sec -or 4 in 530 something ,

Did I miss something? Was an award given to the wrong wrestler?

If so I hope it is resolved quickly and the correct wrestler gets the correct award.

Most pins comes first, so the small 8 man brackets hurt people chasing awards. Fausz had no byes in a 16 man bracket, and Myers had a full eight man bracket.  If the first part "MOST" pins outweighs the second least amount of time.  Then the award went to the right person.  Either way Austin with 3 pins is impressive,  Fausz with 4 pins is also impressive. 

Well the award is meaningless then considering 40 percent of the kids in the tournament could have pinned through and not had a shot if winning .

I went to the head table and asked to see the 220 bracket , the director looked at me and said Fausz had more matches , as I said all I asked was to see the bracket so I said good for him may I see the bracket he said he did not have them and could I do math l o l I came back later asked for the bracket he said he did not have them and said four matches to three - seemed he already had a defense made up before I even asked a ? Then insulted me by asking if I could do math when I had been nothing but cordial, i I replied yes i can you do math , when I should have said yes I can do math I'm five 11 250 your 5 nothing 47 lbs wet and I may be crippled but have taught "math Lessons to bigger smart :)/)/es" Lol good ole boys wrestling clique whatever my son would not care and would be happy for a teammate or team as am i but fair is fair

Almost half the kids in the tournament could not win that award because it has no criteria 40 percent of the wrestlers could have pinned through and not won. .

3 pins in 150 sec = 50 sec a match

4 pins in 344 sec = 1:26 sec a match

Yeah m:;: :/) I can do math I can do wrestling and I can deal with good ole boys cliquey wrestling wannabees to .

Hope ATM doesn't lose a match wouldn't want to give CC someone to point a finger at this yr for losing a state title if they do . I can read the press and newspapers as well as do math .

I read Camel pride as well .

That leads to my next question? Were brackets available to the public? I know last year they were not available to the public at the state tourney. I must have heard 100 times go to Trackwrestling.com and get to see your wrestlers brackets.

What good does that do me while I am at the tourney? I want to see the bracket now not after its over. We just want to see what the match ups are going to be so we can be ready to see the matches we want to see.

I also understand why a fan would not have access to the brackets at the head scorers table. You can't have every Tom,Dick, and Harry going to the head scorers table asking to see a bracket. However brackets need to be redily abailable to the public.

I also would like to add, even if you tried to see the brackets on line there was no wi-fi available to see it. I'm to dumb to have a smart phone so us poor saps who are dumb or poor (which I fit into both catagories) and don't have access to the internet while walking around don't have access to the brackets any way shape or form. I have an i-pod in which I tried to see the brackets from. Even if I could have gotten them on the i-pod I probably would not have been able to see them with these old eyes.

Tournament was over when I asked to see brackets and updated brackets were posted in the hall entering the tourney before finals but were down before the tourny was over , wasn't really the point of the post , simply do not need rude people on the mic or in charge of things and there should

Be even criteria for winning an award I guess if a kid had lost and pinned six kids in two days he would have won , doesn't take a genius or mathematician to figure out a formula for a true winner and use it as other states and tournys do and I'm sure those in charge were aware of how to do it , but chose not too.

At state there will

Be five matches for everyone - unless someone forfeits lol and if a ref can call a pin in proper form and time wich I have seen not happen there everyone should have an equal shot at whatever awards there are

I'm the first to give props to great kids no exception but at the same time lets be fair to everyone not just those in bigger brackets or in some cases those who have been around longer

Eh camel pride !!

And If your team gets beat don't dare point a finger at someone who has gotten you there to begin with or let anyone else do it and sign your name to it .

I see what you're getting at here and know that this comment was made because of one of my previous posts.  I want to clarify something for you, No one ever said that one single team from Region 6 was the best, what was said, as a whole Region 6 is the toughest in the state.  If you do a little research before posting you would know that by and large the most placers/champs in the state tournament come from region 6 every year since I have been involved in KY wrestling.  As a region we score more points than any other region.  I think the next closest to ours was some 80 points behind last year.  Take it for what it is Region 1 had all eight man brackets (some with byes) in that region you can win one match and qualify for state.  In Region 4 it is the same way, even with the redistricting of regions this past year, no other region is as tough as REGION 6.  When you can show me and everyone else some hard evidence other than the "oh the state champs were from elsewhere" then don't make uneducated comments.

I do agree with one statement you made...If you don't come to wrestle next week you might get beat by that kid from boofoo, because he wants "it" just as bad as anyone!

You either have not been involved in Kentucky wrestling very long or, may want to take your own advice and do the research. If you want to use recent history, you only have to go back a few weeks to see where the toughest teams are. Arhens Trade School has more state championships than Ryle.

Tilt. I'm not sure what Arhens Trade has to do with anything. They won the first two state championships in 64 and 65 While St. Joseph was second. Heck even Kentucky School for the Blind won a state title in 67 and were runner up in another year

I believe what most are talking about are in the last 20-30 years region 6 has either been the toughest or 2nd toughest region in the state.

In the 80's Western Ky (Region 1 now) was the toughest with Hoptown, Christian, Union, and Caldwell, with Nky (region 6 now) a close second, with Conner, Campbell, Simon, and Scott. Through the 90's it was region 6 with region 7 a close 2nd. Through the 2000's region 6 has still been on top. The team state champion is NOT what is being discussed. Its the individual wrestlers in each region. And region 6 has almost always had either the most or a close 2nd in most state placers, finalist, and champs.

I would give you more history on KY wrestling but my computer is on the fritz and my files are not optainable right now. I'm going on memmory at this point.

It seems like it would

Go around once and a while. Not sure what people think , if you don't win state team title then that reg is not the toughest or if you do nit have the most placers any particular yr then your not considered the top reg ?? Either way , I would say take the top three at each weight in each reg and six would probably still be tougher than any other region , certainly tougher than 1 .

Tarzan I agree the guy running the regional tourney seemed a bit power hungry.  and I am in agreement with you on the fact that almost half the kids had no no chance of getting the award even if they pinned out.  MAybe more because of the byes in the 16 man bracket.  Just the way it goes, Fausz could have drawn a bye then Austin would have clearly received the award.  Two phenomenal talents and both are deserving of recognition.  Austin will probably get it at the BIG one this weekend.  Maybe they could challenge each other, b/c we all know CC will need the bonus if they are going to pull off the title run. 

taking the top 3 finishers in each weight class for 2012 by region is as follows. 1=8,2=5,3=1,4=6,5=2,6=13

7=4 and 8=3 for the year 2013 1=6,2=5,3=4,4=8,5=5,6=9,7=4 and8=1

so for years 2012 and 2013 region 6 placed more wrestlers in top 3

You either have not been involved in Kentucky wrestling very long or, may want to take your own advice and do the research. If you want to use recent history, you only have to go back a few weeks to see where the toughest teams are. Arhens Trade School has more state championships than Ryle.

I have been around KY wrestling since I was about five.  Started really following when competing at the High School level.  So, no not as long as some, but in the last 25 years, no other region has been as tough as region six.  Which until the early 2000's was combined with the oldhams and eastern jefferson county.  I did take my advice and have done the research, if you put your glasses on and read my post I clearly said, one team does not make a region tough.  So thanks for proving nothing!  All the info you need is in Rangers post state report, when you find something to prove me wrong, feel free to present your findings.

Sign in to follow this