152 Ryle Belk

145 Ryle / Newport / Boone / Scott / kid

138 CC Fausz

132 CC Maggard

126 CC Sparh

120 CC Krebs / Ryle Erdman

113 CC Wells / Ryle Erdman

106 C. Wells

My mind blurs at the lighter weights .Boone has a couple lightweights that are of note and Ryle has a pack of kids in the middle weights that should challenge at every spot . Newport seems to be on the rise and Scott even more so , Connor took a hit losing a rough heavy last yr but seems to always have some studs and a state champ hopeful in T Thompson who will be challenged by Miller for sure at regionals and possibly state .

CC has a lot of lightweights with exceptional skills I just don't know where they will be at come state I am probably forgetting Walton Verona completely and they have Clay Brown between 145 and 152 i think and an eight grader that should be fun to watch at state in Mason Smith , :) Grant is out from last yr and I did not follow Sk as close other than Mueller and their 170 160 lber who impressed me greatly , nearly beating Meiman .

Hvy CC Sinclair / Dixie kid .

220 CC Myers /Mueller / Boone kid

195 CC Gratsovonovich:)/ Connor Thompson

182 CC Mathews / Boone Jones

170 CC Turner / Ryle Meiman / SK kid is legit

160 Sk kid if he's there

152 Ryle Belk

145 Ryle / Newport / Boone / Scott / kid

138 CC Fausz

132 CC Maggard

126 CC Sparh

120 CC Krebs / Ryle Erdman

113 CC Wells / Ryle Erdman

106 C. Wells

My mind blurs at the lighter weights .Boone has a couple lightweights that are of note and Ryle has a pack of kids in the middle weights that should challenge at every spot . Newport seems to be on the rise and Scott even more so , Connor took a hit losing a rough heavy last yr but seems to always have some studs and a state champ hopeful in T Thompson who will be challenged by Miller for sure at regionals and possibly state .

CC has a lot of lightweights with exceptional skills I just don't know where they will be at come state I am probably forgetting Walton Verona completely and they have Clay Brown between 145 and 152 i think and an eight grader that should be fun to watch at state in Mason Smith , :) Grant is out from last yr and I did not follow Sk as close other than Mueller and their 170 160 lber who impressed me greatly , nearly beating Meiman .

Mason was on a completely different level than all the other kids in his weight class at Middle School State.  He won't win state, but he will be a factor.

Why yes but you didn't let me finish , I wouldn't claim to know anything more than I do those were just the weights I know from the wrestlers i aee honestly I could not call any below 170 and 138 and 120 where I think Erdman is on fire ,

I spend time with a few upper weights every day so I will say CC Sinclair , Myers , Grazziani , lol

Not dissing or short changing anyone Whalen and many more will challenge or win eagles pride simply state your own pics and maybe after everyone sees everyone else's people can make a list that will be more accurate and less Homer esqe lol , either way I hope all the best make it strong challenges from the other regions , like to see all of our wrestlers on the border of being #1 win , Thompson Turner or Miller for example .

Honestly only seeing the home team wrestle three or four times in NKY hard to actually pick everyone , big battle at hvy should be fun same at 195 except the only 195 battle I saw was lopsided in favor of TT , big battle at 170 . .

Guess the homer came out since Meiman is our region as well yes hope one of them win , Turners a sr last chance and all .

106 cc wells/Scott holub

113 Dixie skaggs/cc krebs

120 Ryle erdman/Scott Hensley

126 WV Roth/SK Owens

132 Ryle erdman/Scott Ashford

138 cc fausz

145 WV brown/coop bailey

152 Ryle belk/Scott sowder

160 SK Cornett/Scott Schwachter

170 Ryle meiman/cc turner or sk hicks

182 cc Mathews/Newport Jones

195 Scott miller/Conner Thompson

220 cc Myers

285 cc Sinclair/Conner platt

This is how I see it playing out... Just my opinion

106 cc wells/Scott holub

113 Dixie skaggs/cc krebs

120 Ryle erdman/Scott Hensley

126 WV Roth/SK Owens

132 Ryle erdman/Scott Ashford

138 cc fausz

145 WV brown/coop bailey

152 Ryle belk/Scott sowder

160 SK Cornett/Scott Schwachter

170 Ryle meiman/cc turner or sk hicks

182 cc Mathews/Newport Jones

195 Scott miller/Conner Thompson

220 cc Myers

285 cc Sinclair/Conner platt

This is how I see it playing out... Just my opinion

good picks by both you and Tarzan the only difference is I see are in the heavy I still see Johnson from Dixie winning it and Sinclair getting 2nd. 182 I see Matthews then braden Jones then I'll take gage Jones over Woolf in the consolation final

I see meiman_turner-hicks and hunter bailey in the 170s ..don't be surprised if schoerer..from Boone gets the 3 spot in the 160s ...vaske 113 and Shipman 195 from Boone have shots at the 4th spot for state and ahmad.hamadian should get the 3rd spot at 220 from boone.....look for Austin Jackson from Dixie and Bailey cooper to have a great match to see who gets to the finals against Brown In the 145s..I I hate typing on a phone lol I do see Trevor Thompson over miller In a good final in 195s

Yeah I forgot Roth I know there are two of them and I think one is jr high still . Totally forgot WV at first thinking they were gone with grant from our region , hear their middle school team is the shissle lol

Always posting ,and I like all the kids don't want anyone mad at me kids / parents or coaches I wish they all could win .

At 120 like to see Erdman in the finals I like Belk jones from Boone and many more lol I would hype them all like I do my own just like I would any X kid or union kid I was around , I even like some of those Woodford kids and my first introduction to Woodford was having one of the moms tell me to shut The he // up when she said ATM was stalling and I said Woodford was stalling lol , I like that kid too . It's all good .

Jackson moving to 152 made it interesting. He an Belk should have a great match...... The seeds played out like I thought no real surprises but looking forward to a great Friday and even greater Saturday.. Best of luck to all ! YAou're right Tarzan so many kids deserve the right to go to the horsepark.... regardless of the fiasco down there it's still the Kentucky state tourney something these kids have worked many for years for this opportunity. There are many very good wrestlers that won't even get a chance to go...

Yeah , glad its 32 intstead of 16 myself ,

And while I agree with everyone getting mad about the match and round setups , other things could be changed by the people schools and coaches themselves , in a sport where kida have to rough it it seems like parents and coaches could add the little extras they want the kids to have rather than hope those in charge give them what they deserve , wich will not happen , I argued that the horse park was a better idea than a little gym but at the expense of the wrestlers whimsy medals , no brackets rounds set up crappy the celebration and all I guess it's not worth it .

Agreed. I saw the middle state awards and copies of brackets to the champ... there ceromony ...... someone needs to send a video of that to the khsaa. They won't do anything though it's all about the dollars. Wrestling is the hardest sport to stand out . I'm glad there at least starting to get a little respect from around the nation in rankings and media attention and no one looks at Kentucky's wrestling as a joke anymore. We've come along way and it's owed to all those that love the sport.

This is high school sports... this is about all the kids.....this isn't vegas.... but if there was a betting board geeze i'd like to find oldhamwrestling and navywrestler to make umm side popcorn bets lol..... You guys must live in boxes... Austin Myers won't be touched and I'll be shocked literally shocked I repeat if anyone actually even scores on him.. and by scoring on him I mean a takedown, a reversal....not where he lets them up and gives them a point. Yes he's that good......I've seen most the 220's this year and unless someone flew in from Califiornia last night and somehow the khsaa said sure he can wrestle.. It's no disrespect to any of the kids out there.... ATM is just a wrecking machine.... My nephew is a strong kid I mean very strong.... He worked out with ATM and said he might as well been working out with an SUV that was stuck.. I'll be shocked if any kid even actually comes at Austin........It may look good on paper to you guys but once they clinch with him.. the only thing his opponents will do the rest of the match is take steps backwards and I don't blame them... and why don't you say his name about who your talking about ?

lol navy ... I'm just a realist ...... Seriously I'll be shocked if anyone scores on him.... If you're talking about Mueller he's a super nice kid whose a great wrestler......but no he won't score on Myers .... They've wrestled twice at NKAC and yes he was pinned twice easily by Myers..... Mueller is good though and more importantly a great kid..... but Austin is nationally ranked probably should be nationally ranked #1...If you haven't seen him wrestle then maybe I understand. You have to see him or work out with him to understand what I'm talking about. The kid deadlifts 600 pounds and moves like a cheetah... He's that good.

Yes he's the cream of the crop..... and ice cream and yogurt on the side...

Looking at predictions of all regions it's usually very evident that Region 6 is the toughest. This year looking at region 4, I think it stands up if you look only at winners. 6 appears deeper, but the predicted winners in 4 would win the majority of weights vs 6. Close, but first time it's ever been close.

I will personally be shocked...if ATM wrestles an complete six minute match for the entire state tournament. He is not a national top ten rated kid for no reason. He is more likely a top 3 nationally. He will pin his way to a championship. In this tournament I believe there are some strong favorites - but four "locks". Boston, Ervin, Fausz and ATM. My opinion.

Wrestling dad- your "locks" are solid. And ATM as good as he is, Isn't superman he can be beat ...Just not by anyone in Kentucky.

I saw him get scored on (takedown) at hammer & anvil inv. in a 7-4 dec.win. so he is human (I Think). The problem most have in judgeing his

ability's is that you rarely see him long enough. So the common thing to think is "well that guy was not very good competition." But when the same

condition befalls one after another . then you have to assume that A: nobody is any good or B: He stands above and is exceptionally better that the

rest of the field.  either way. watch next week and judge for yourself.

I agree he might get beat but not by anyone flying in from California , and that includes Stanford and Cal Poly ,he could get thrown although no one has thrown him since well no one has ever thrown him , and I doubt anyone scores on him unless he trips :)

No feathers are ruffled a couple weeks ago someone might have beaten him and he might have been able to be beaten the first few weeks of the yr he had injuries at those times , pretty healthy now though , more focused on nationals I would think so maybe someone could catch him .

Mueller could have possibly beaten ATM a few weeks back at the Hammer but Sk had to leave. Before finals and he forfeited to a W

It would have made more sense to push buttons on the state thread where someone hadn't already pinned everyone in his bracket in under 30 seconds it's really not even funny or annoying .

Just flattering to ATM . And those who push and train him . Perhaps you could recruit some

College kids to wrestle him at the.bluegrass games he won the university div a couple yrs back bring those California kids :) Ohio ones , Pa ones NJ ones , but you don't have to ATM will see them shortly in Virginai beach can you say 3 x AA or dare to to dream of a 3 x nat champ :)

Wrestling dad- your "locks" are solid. And ATM as good as he is, Isn't superman he can be beat ...Just not by anyone in Kentucky.

I saw him get scored on (takedown) at hammer & anvil inv. in a 7-4 dec.win. so he is human (I Think). The problem most have in judgeing his

ability's is that you rarely see him long enough. So the common thing to think is "well that guy was not very good competition." But when the same

condition befalls one after another . then you have to assume that A: nobody is any good or B: He stands above and is exceptionally better that the

rest of the field. either way. watch next week and judge for yourself.

Lol you saw a very seriously Injured ATM refuse to take even a seconds worth of time out time put state ranked Ohio kid on his back for what most would consider a pin when any other kid in Ohio or ky would have gotten beaten or inj defaulted out , if you were there you saw it as everyone else did a kid who could not shoot or even bend over refuse to take inj time even at the behest of his coaches friends and family , and he won 7-3 not four :) and would have and has pinned that opponent in the first had he not been hurt ,

Mueller made the finals beating Alonzo jewel who lost to Crocket by one , Crocket losing toAustin 7-3 when he was hurt ,

In other words on a normal day they would have all been pinned in under a minute . A couple weeks earlier Austin majors a truly tough opponent in Devin Nye 12 to something not giving up a takedown or reversal to a a future kent state hvy weight ,

Now you rub me the wrong way your either a CC or Sk person ,or from Ohio as those were the only teams there . or maybe not since you do not recall the correct score !!

Everyone at regionals will get pinned everyone at state will get pinned . ATM will be the first wrestler in the history of the state to never know defeat in the regular season from day 1 till he wins his fourth little trinket at state , be sure to hand out Shades to everyone wrestling 220 at AllTech , dont want ATM to get sued for damaging his opponents eyes , :)

Your right he's not superman

Superman doesn't always win .

Sign in to follow this