Sign in to follow this  
thegreatgatsby

State tournament time table

If I am reading this correctly, 1st-8th place matches will be wrestled all at the same time.  That means no single mat finals at state.

http://khsaa.org/wrestling/2014/statemeettimetable.pdf

4:30 p.m. (App. but not prior to)

KWCA Awards and Special Recognition Ceremony

State Championship Finals Round Opening Ceremonies

National Anthem

Introduction of Finals Competitors:30 – 6:00

Seventh Round Consolation Bracket (7th place) (14 matches)

Eighth Round Consolation Bracket (5th place) (14 matches)

Ninth Round Consolation Bracket (3rd place) (14 matches)

Championship Bracket Finals (1st place) (14 matches)

** to conclusion (use Four mats, wrestle simultaneous, hold start of next class for all to complete)

KHSAA Award Presentations Following Each Bracket Final

I hope this isn't the case! If so, it is the worst idea ever! The KHSAA should be ashamed of themselves for even having such a ridiculous idea! Terrible!

WHAT!!!!!! so they wont do a spotlight or let parents on the floor for pictures, but they will take away from the prestige of making the finals!!!! What a bunch of BS, charge us 50 dollars for an all sessions pass 100 dollars for food (over two days), and now wont even recognise our finalists (1-2).  I don't understand why the KHSAA can't get this right!!!  LET ME GUESS THEY WANT TO SAVE TIME, WE GOT OUT TOO LATE!!! wah wah wah the kids deserve to get their moment in the spot light!  If they are worried about time which is what i am guessing is the problem add more mats earlier in the tournament....KHSAA you are a joke!

The Coaches Association did submit a letter that was against was this move. We did not receive a response other than the email outlining the time table.

Wonder what the response would be to parents contacting the KHSAA about this issue. I dont see them getting to worried about us coaches complaining, but with tons of phone calls flooding the office of highly upset parents might change some minds.

I just sent an email to Mike Barron, the assistant Commissioner in charge of wrestling.   I encourage everyone to send him an email or call his office to express your dislike of this new schedule. 

His email address is mbarren@khsaa.org .  The office phone number is  859-299-5472.  Please make your voice heard on more than just this thread.  Email and/or call the KHSAA as soon as possible to voice your opinion on this!

Bluesdad 

Mike was the only one I could find that primary charge is wrestling.  None of the other assistant commissioners or the commissioner himself had this listed as a primary sport under their supervision.  Therefore, I assumed he was the logical first step.

Done also!

Everyone, please help spread the word to take a minute and make a call or send an email.

No other sport is disrespected by the state the way they do wrestling!

To not let the coaches have a say in the format is asinine!!!

Holy crap what a slap in the face of wrestling!!! I have forwarded the email and phone number to all parents on my son's team. This is our local version of the olympic fight. Enough of the disrespect, let's seriously be heard this time. If it's a time issue with the horse barn all the more reason to get the hell out of that place. Freedom Hall sounds good to me....people probably spend more money on allergy medications that weekend than they would be subjet to for parking at the fairgrounds. Maybe coach McCoy would consider taking a positiion at KHSAA?!

Email sent. Mike Barron is the person you want to contact. Just remember, be polite in these emails. You know, the whole honey and vinegar thing...

• Upvote 1

Keep spreading the work folks. We need everyone to get this changed!!! From your high school parents all the way down to your youth programs!!! State Finals should be these kids moment, they worked hard all year long, and should have all eyes on them as they try to win Kentucky's biggest prize in wrestling!

Just caught wind that the KHSAA also has a Facebook page and a Twitter account. Feel free to visit and comment there as well. We will need to flood them with our call, emails, Facebook posts and Tweets!

All,

This a big deal!

A raw one!!!

For what it's worth, below is the email I sent to Mr. Barren.

Please urge everyone to comment to him.

Mr Barren,

It has come to our attention in the wrestling community that the schedule has been set to run the matches for places 1st through 8th place simultaneously, on the final day of the championships.

This is a huge disservice to the wrestlers that spend many years in training, make it through a grueling season, and reach the finals.

It is a disservice to the true fan of the sport sitting in the stands being forced to choose which match they watch.

It is equally a disservice to the college recruiters sitting in the stands trying to make the same choice. Many of these kids that place in the state tournament are looking for and are good enough to receive wrestling scholarships.

Taking the opportunity away from focusing on placers 3-8 will only diminish possible opportunities for those kids.

For what reason, all in the name of saving an hour and a half or two?

I'm hopeful that enough people will point out the mistake that is about to be made and the KHSAA will reconsider it's decision.

Please give our sport and these athletes the deserved recognition that goes along with the State Championships.

Hold up the State Wrestling Finals (1-2 place) on the pedestal it deserves and give it the solo spotlight!

Thank you,

Kevin Griffith

• Upvote 1

All,This a big deal!A raw one!!!For what it's worth, below is the email I sent to Mr. Barren.Please urge everyone to comment to him.Mr Barren,It has come to our attention in the wrestling community that the schedule has been set to run the matches for places 1st through 8th place simultaneously, on the final day of the championships.This is a huge disservice to the wrestlers that spend many years in training, make it through a grueling season, and reach the finals.It is a disservice to the true fan of the sport sitting in the stands being forced to choose which match they watch.It is equally a disservice to the college recruiters sitting in the stands trying to make the same choice. Many of these kids that place in the state tournament are looking for and are good enough to receive wrestling scholarships.Taking the opportunity away from focusing on placers 3-8 will only diminish possible opportunities for those kids.For what reason, all in the name of saving an hour and a half or two?I'm hopeful that enough people will point out the mistake that is about to be made and the KHSAA will reconsider it's decision.Please give our sport and these athletes the deserved recognition that goes along with the State Championships.Hold up the State Wrestling Finals (1-2 place) on the pedestal it deserves and give it the solo spotlight!Thank you,Kevin Griffith

Outstanding email Tapout.

Sign in to follow this