Sign in to follow this  
thegreatgatsby

State tournament time table

Not for nothing...

This should be easily addressed with the coaches meeting/parents/team captainss etc.  The 'celebration' is a great time frame for the wrestlers who have become friends as well as opponents to socialize but there is absolutely no reason we can't police our own so to speak so that the 'celebration' gets out of hand to the point that the Final Match spotlight is threatened again.  We did our part as fans/parents/coaches/wrestlers etc. to get the spotlight back.  The powers that be made the change, now let's do our part so that we're not here again.

I have no doubt if we prove to the KHSAA that we can't handle the celebration period properly the next move they make will be fairly permanent.

I don't think we should make too big a fuss about the medals. My son wisely told me, "It's not the medal, it's the memory that's important." (Don't you hate when they start developing integrity--then use it against you?)

This is awesome now we don't have to wait as long after regionals until state , love Mother Nature !look at it this way now everyone can spend the night with their sweeties and no mommas will have to worry about their babies getting whooped up on on Valentines day :)

And the medals are an embarrassment to the sport, cudos to the kid with heart who simply loves the sport most would go out there and wrestle just to get their hands raised

• Upvote 2

Sign in to follow this