Sign in to follow this  
Tarzan

Intermat Rankings feb 5

ATM doesn't need me to defend him. Tarzan seems quite capable of doing that.

I will say that the kid has never lost in high school and won the NHSCA tournament twice. Wth else does he have to prove!?

And why doesn't Campbell County dual with Moe? Frueauf would be ATMs best match and push him as much as anyone could. Have they wrestled before?

Can't speak on the dual portion

But I pride myself on being demanding of wrestlers. You can't find anywhere on this site where I have said ATM is not a great wrestler, but I want more from him.

In regards to Mr. Myers, Coach Jackson is excellent but trying to rebuild a program after it is gutted (by Cael Sanderson) is a tall order. Coach Koll has proven time and again where he stands among college coaches and it is really hard to go wrong with his stuff. I think Pat DeGain is at Virginia but I will say with strong confidence that no matter where he is Coach DeGain is the best heavyweight coach in the nation

ATM doesn't need me to defend him. Tarzan seems quite capable of doing that.

I will say that the kid has never lost in high school and won the NHSCA tournament twice. Wth else does he have to prove!?

And why doesn't Campbell County dual with Moe? Frueauf would be ATMs best match and push him as much as anyone could. Have they wrestled before?

Can't speak on the dual portion

But I pride myself on being demanding of wrestlers. You can't find anywhere on this site where I have said ATM is not a great wrestler, but I want more from him.

In regards to Mr. Myers, Coach Jackson is excellent but trying to rebuild a program after it is gutted (by Cael Sanderson) is a tall order. Coach Koll has proven time and again where he stands among college coaches and it is really hard to go wrong with his stuff. I think Pat DeGain is at Virginia but I will say with strong confidence that no matter where he is Coach DeGain is the best heavyweight coach in the nation

• Upvote 1

Well we can look at Zahid Valencia, who has dominated that national scene since his freshman year, hasn't always won it but his face has been out there and is well respected.

Chance Marstellar is a living breathing high school legend like his mentor Cary Kolat. He has not lost a single high school match his whole career despite seeking out the best at his weight time and again, he will probably major Bo Nickal when they wrestle at Dapper Dan.

As has been said earlier, Kyle Snyder has not only beaten the best in the nation but has also topped the best in the world. Yes he did lose a classic match to Cox, but Cox is 3rd in the nation as a true freshman and could easily win it this year.

Boston competing at the national level helps his case a lot, and if he wins at the Dapper Dan that will give him a lot of hype going into his college career. But to be considered some of the P4P best in the nation you have to literally live at the national tournaments like Valencia, Joey McKenna, Nick Nevills, Chance Marstellar, and company.

By national tournaments I'm talking about Ironman, Super32, Powerade, Cheesehead, Flo, Fargo, Dapper Dan (if invited of course), Beast of the East, and... well that about covers the premier events but there are lots of other insanely good tournaments such as Senior Nationals and whatever Clovis calls their tourney.

Exactly!! Or you can be the big fish in a small pond.

Old story Moe doesn't invite CC to their super duals and Swowca knocked CC from first on the entry list to seventh when the boys :) came to CC Swowca is a tournament ran by Moeller or should i say one of their coaches old ladies hahaha

They don't want to see ATM on the mat Freauhauf has done nothing this yr just got pinned by the seventh or eight ranked kid in Ohio D1 ATM majored OHIOs #3 d1 220 12-2 and pretty much had him stuck twice the same

Kid was OHIOs D1 1 for a while and had pinned every kid he wrestled in Ohio untill he ran into Austin a sr d1 recruit headed to Kent state . :)

The Ohio debate is over , Freauhauf is older than Austin and has always been at a higher weight , ATM has always outdone him and everyone else in Cincy they both went to Tulsa ATM came back a champ freuhauf with air , they both went to fr gr state as cadets Austin a first yr Freauhauf a second at different weights but arm wins both and Freauhauf did not make top two couldn't go to Fargo same as all the now kids they have up on Fargo then and while ATM hasn't went since his first yr cadet I think he may try and double this yr , not sure I have been counseled not to send him because of foitball and he hasn't wrestled those styles and it would

Be a nearly impossible task for him to remain unbeaten , it's never really been about that it's about winning four and getting better , a shit at being KYs first ever true doubler and equalling his brother is what it's about to him .of course it warrants a trip to the OTC first :)

As a wrestling fan I want to see ATM quit football and commit everything towards wrestling. Fargo is the gold standard and any football coach who thinks it hurts him as a football player is just not informed. He could make 195 for Fargo and really piss off the ball coach!!

No the coach would be happy if he made 195 and stayed home !!and focused on football , you hit the nail his coach did not even want him wrestling for team ky saying it wasn't a school sponsored event and he needed to focus on football and be a team player if he wanted to play , my reply was it was off season and not required and many baseball players do not train with the football team in off season , of course I got the whole I do t care about Fargo it's not a school sport , of course my reply about the team KY stuff was that The awards handed out to coaches for their success at the team nat duals were in fact sponsored by the khsaa and the letters the kids receiver Are from khsaa.the whole wrestling is individual sport blah blah stuff that is expected from someone who went to a school without wrestling to begin with .

They just do not get it if a kid even makes it to Fargo chances are hes doing more than any kid on a football team to improve himself physically , it's mind boggling but It's their team their call . I'm sure with more encouragement from his football team he would have probably went last yr , people ask a state champ or national champ who plays two sports wich is he better at well there is no comparrison for someone like him he can test himself against the best in wrestling not in football , as for wich he likes best he keeps it to himself but it's probably obvious now where as before all the negative football feedback it wasn't , wrestling coaches seem more out to work with football players than vice versa , as for conditioning and weight training forget it no use arguing with them they brought a weight training program from highlands and it's on par with anything ATM does according to them , they should actually ask him he has been trained by some pretty good power lifters and trainers who work with world class athletes , it's all good no hard feelings they are stuck in their ways or do what they do for whatever reason . As for Fargo as I said some of the best do not go Jeff Jordan told

Me he liked his kids focusing strictly on folkstyle too much variance in the sports and fr gr is always changing stuff up , I agree on that point it's different every year not really the best way to judge how good a wrestler is or will be in college or HS

You guys are clowns. By downplaying Austin Meyers, you are in fact saying Kentucky wrestling is a small pond. Meyers has beat the best Ohio has thrown at him, and if you goofballs think for one second Kentucky is even close to Ohio you're stoned. The mere fact that you have to dig into National ranked big names and guys like Bo Jordan to compare Meyers to speaks volumes about Meyers.

State for State, Kentucky would get STOMPED at the Ohio State tourney. Kentucky at present has at the most 3 kids that could compete at State level in Ohio, and two of them wrestle for Campbell County. In fact, Fauz just got his rear end handed to him by two freshman... who aren't even ranked that high in Ohio.

Bottom line, all your crap talking only shows that you have NOBODY even close to Meyers, as evidenced by all the cowards that have been giving him forfiets as of late. Get over yourselves. You're of no consequence on the big stage... unlike Meyers. Until you put somebody up there to even compete with him, just nod and accept the fact that he's a level above you or anybody you have. It's a shame anyone would have to defend a wrestler wiyh a perfect record and ranked higher than ANY Kentucky wrestler. And if you try to say Mark Hall, you're grasping for straws and you're an idiot. Be proud of the kid. He's the only thing keeping Kentucky wrestling relevant.

• Downvote 2

Bottom line:   Austin is a great wrestler regardless of where he wrestles.  He will  became even better next year.

Why we have people trying to downgrade what he has accomplished is not acting in the best interest of this high school wrestler.  That is what we must remember here.  Austin is an outstanding kid and wrestler. 

Those of you who don't like what Tarzan,Mpire (or whatever name) says then don't read it.  And definately don't respond to it or try to goad him. 

It is kind of rediculus that those of us who try to keep this site somewhat civil have to monitor you like babysitters, by deleting, hiding posts.  There seem to be a few of you that continue to want to start arguements with others on here. 

Once again.  If you don't like or agree with what someone on here has to say then don't read it or respond to it. 

I know all your arguements on why you do it, but I personally don't care. 

The one thing that I find deplorable on here is that some of you have started degrading a high school kid in your retaliation against someone you don't like.  These actions must stop.  The wrestler or wrestlers mentioned have not done anything to deserve this treatment. 

I don't speak for the entire monitoring staff, but I would be in full agreement that if this continues then everyone who continues to participate in downgrading high school kids be removed from this site indefinately.

stalling,

The last sentence of your post was an insult to many kids. Exactly what you were criticizing others for doing. While Austin is an elite talent he is NOT the only thing keeping kentucky wrestling relevant. Have you heard of Boston, Blackwell, or maybe a family of Ervin's who have been kinda well known around the country for a few years?? Kentucky has plenty of wrestlers to be proud of and yes Austin is no doubt one of them but not the only thing keeping kentucky wrestling relevant. Good luck to ALL of our young men as they enter the post season tourney!!!

Stalling obviously had no idea what my point was nor who I am nor my beliefs on the state of Kentucky wrestling. A wise man doesn't get between a fool and his folly, I just request that you don't attack my knowledge of wrestling because it makes you look like an idiot.

Not so sure , you seem to keep saying you want more from someone who has done everything he possibly can and more than anyone else mentioned from Ky , not blasting anyone - ?who has done more at his point in the game while competing in two sports . Answer - no one !!!

Let's go back and look at the thread , intermat rankings then ? About Fausz by people who know the sport and know he got knocked of for having a bad day in an attempt to knock KY , then you have someone say ATM would be one lower if , perhaps not meant as a knock and perhaps taken wrong but still a knock at a ky kid some would think and ifs ands or butts everyone has one .

Then the open haters started in , a couple

Positive posts by real ky fans then the instigators like Otto who has always taken digs at Sam and ATM and then the rest , no big deal. Irving worth really getting ticked at but comments about kids not being able to do whatever at the next level and straight up hate stuff should. It be tolerated , it's one thing to brag or give results and facts another to predict someone's future in a negative light , Austin's golden untouchable by haters who claim his brother was hindered by myself but in fact was only hindered by haters and people nit ready for a wrestler like himself .

ATM will enter the state tournament undefeated and I think he leaves undefeated .

Should he lose I hope people do not heap the teams loss on him as they did his brother very disrespectful by those around him , easy to blame on misinterpretation by the press but blaming someone who helps win you a state title on losing one the next yr is classless

You seem to be grouping me with the people who bash ATM. I consider him Kentucky's best alongside Brock Ervin and Nathan Boston. I do want more national exposure for him because I enjoy seeing Kentucky kids crush people. Talentwise he is among the elite in the nation and you can't find anything I say to the contrary, I still want more though. I said the same thing about Bo Jordan

Yeah Bo could have went to Fargo no excuses other than he doesn't wrestle fr gr wich was fine , Bo also missed some tournys his fresh yr , he and Martinez were both injured ? At iron man his fresh yr !

And you want more as in what super 32 duiring football season or Fargo duiring football preseason , I'm sure a lot would like to see Austin try even with football knowing he could not be his best or hoping he would lose in a style rarely wrestled in ky wich has had horrible showings at Fargo no ky knock just fact not even one double AA in the states history other than a transfer Sam . I feel he should go just to be the states first doubler , they are the toughest wrestlers on the planet .

When everyone graduates college after yea of wrestling not many will

Be able to say yeah remember that year I won a state wrestling title and played in the playoffs maybe made a td or got a sack - but Stephen and Austin will , memories and not imposing just one sport on a kid as so many do . Now as a sr it's hard to say being in my with not a ton of off season wrestling football is a wise choice to stay in shape

Then talk about whoever you like and keep you negative crap to yourself , for one your intent is obvious for another you look like an idiot bashing studs .

Intermat rankings as of feb 5 .

Nathan Boston 120 #2 Sr Woodford County

Trae Blackwell 126 #18 Sr Union County

Brock Ervin 132. # 7 Sr Union County

Austin T Myers. 220. # 6 Jr Campbell County

Looks like all the ranked kids were talked about to me

The instigator speaks ,still wondering what brings such an obvious buckeye fan to constantly comment on some former buckeye wrestlers lol

Some see you for what you are and some see me for what I truly am the difference I am actually seen while you and some hide behind your user names

• Downvote 1

I'll say it again.... RELEVENT. Not of years gone by. For those of you making a weak attempt at insulting me... keep in mind I'm calling out the clowns making lame comments about a kid like Myers... or any other kid. I could give a squirt about what tourney any fool thinks a kid has to win to be 'one of the greats' in their eyes. A little full of yourselves, aren't you? There is no set formula for a combination of tourneys a kid 'must' win to be a great. Got a problem with Myers not going to Ironman? Take it up with his Coach fellahs. He has to get Myers in Ironman. I can PROMISE you Myers isn't afraid to lace 'em up with anybody.But you clowns that try to downplay him just keep doing what you're doing. I don't care who you are, what you think you know, or how you feel about his dad (who is actually a very good guy that doesn't happen to fit your idea)... Myers will come out on top in spite of your badmouthing efforts. I'm done. Carry on with your badmouthing a kid while everybody forfiets to him out of fear. How many forfiets has he had lately, anyhow?

• Downvote 1

Otto that home state bias is biting ole Bucksman in the arse particularly at 220 it's only two ranked wrestlers there get a chance to wrestle and big moe throws in a backup to protect their state hopeful and avoid two losses in as many weeks ,

All the Ohio posters saying how ATM could not hang amongst their best when he has always been at the very top from day one is laughable seems he's not the one who runs but they run from one another , MOE wrestles marysville and the two top 220 do not meet up but both wrestle that day omg what cowardly hypocrites , and as for all the haters who blasted Sam and ATM for

Leaving Montgomery rd seems the titanic over there has sunk , still my boys would have went down with the ship it was never my choice to leave , good luck to all those good Moeller boys. I always cared for them all despite those who controlled their lives.tell them all to enjoy their crow

Now it's time for the KY state tourny :) a look at CC leaves me to believe that it is still very much in the hunt even after a dismall state dual showing , two very possible champs , and two other possibles in Turner and Mathews and a lightweight that could have a good day and snatch a title as well five big upper placers there and three others that could be anywhere on the board from finals to eighth place or below --

The Moe folks have been saying "Wait 'til 2014" for a couple of yrs. they didn't account for Brecksville and Perry. I love what Riggs has done with Perry. In the grand scheme, the loss to Brecks wasn't as bad as some make it out to be. This is a special Brecks team. If I had to make a guess, I would say the Moe hammers are burnt out. The school and specifically the upperweights, are among the best in the nation in both football and wrestling. The team went back-to-back in football and these boys placed high at state. Very little down time. For the sake of Ohio wrestling I hope they can pull it together in time for state. I am not holding my breath. I love the state duals tournament. Crowning a true TEAM champ. This will help promote the sport as well.

Sign in to follow this