Sign in to follow this  
Tarzan

Intermat Rankings feb 5

In reality, what David Taylor did in high school in Ohio and at the national level along with his success at Penn St, no one from KY is on that level or should be mentioned in the same sentence, just like Dake, Ruth, Steiber Brothers, that's a whole other skill level of wrestler. Period!

• Upvote 1

Takedownartist,

I disagree with your statement.

Our best deserve to be compared to the best, and someday after their college careers are over may be the ones getting compared to...... Period.

I can't see how anyone could discount the accomplishments of Boston alone.  I could easily say the same for ATM.  What more in your opinion would he have to do to compare to their careers at the same point (prior to college)? 

Well we can look at Zahid Valencia, who has dominated that national scene since his freshman year, hasn't always won it but his face has been out there and is well respected.

Chance Marstellar is a living breathing high school legend like his mentor Cary Kolat. He has not lost a single high school match his whole career despite seeking out the best at his weight time and again, he will probably major Bo Nickal when they wrestle at Dapper Dan.

As has been said earlier, Kyle Snyder has not only beaten the best in the nation but has also topped the best in the world. Yes he did lose a classic match to Cox, but Cox is 3rd in the nation as a true freshman and could easily win it this year.

Boston competing at the national level helps his case a lot, and if he wins at the Dapper Dan that will give him a lot of hype going into his college career. But to be considered some of the P4P best in the nation you have to literally live at the national tournaments like Valencia, Joey McKenna, Nick Nevills, Chance Marstellar, and company.

By national tournaments I'm talking about Ironman, Super32, Powerade, Cheesehead, Flo, Fargo, Dapper Dan (if invited of course), Beast of the East, and... well that about covers the premier events but there are lots of other insanely good tournaments such as Senior Nationals and whatever Clovis calls their tourney.

• Upvote 1

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Boston already win Flo, won the newly created best of the best in the longest H.S. match in history, and has been invited to Dapper Dan.  I think you could legitimately compare his HS career.

I was not comparing Austin to Taylor or their speeds I was actually replying to someone's post on another thread comparing a 220 from pa speed to Taylor's wich I did not agree with .

Takedown artist - didnt David Taylor lose in HS , and ATM did well in Ohio when there he dominated jr high same as taylor beating eveeyone since the sixth grade rather easily and every HS wrestler he has faced from there he has beaten as well as for close matches he has had a couple he started the the yr last yr with a sprained ankle from foitball and had a couple

Close ones that against kida he wrestled later in the year and majored , same as this yr no need to explain everyone who knows him knows when he's beat up and undefeated us undefeated be it a tech a pin or a 1 point win .

Not saying Austin is David Taylor but David Taylor is not Austin either my friend I was not or did not imply that but I'm not sure I like your post seems you may be short changing a kid who not only is a multiple x state and nat champ but a two sport athlete as well , funny all the Taylor talk DT lost to a wrestler from the school that seems to be interested in Austin the most at the moment . DT a good guy a one of a kind don't dare name

Drop someone to bash ATM he might surprise you in just how good he really is or ends up

Re reading your post I' have to disagree Austin at this point has done as much as anyone you mentioned and beaten all your so highly regarded Ohio wrestlers , he was a two x Ohio jr high champ and only the second kid from Cincy area to be a jr high ow winner his brother being the first , he also was a runner up as a sixth grader to Jordan who did not even wrestle at jr high state as a sixth grader , you done ; ))/ up I know a bit about Ohio history pal , ATM made the biggest weight jump in Ohio jr high history from ur to yr and remained undefeated and who from Ohio has won fresh nat an ow there and soph nat ,

Yes he can be considered their level or better at this stage of the game , most you mentioned had all lost by now at Austin's stage of the game take your bias back across the river .

Boston and Brock are that level as well Boston ranked 1 in some rankings and Brocks a legend ,

Austin wrestled with and was coached by Matt Koz a three time iron man winner for a couple yrs one of OHIOs greatest he would laugh at you ,

Funny you should

Mention Dake takedown artist Cornell's new coach Austin's new pen pal hahahahaha your an idiot

Yes Boston won Flo and was invited to Dapper Dan which I mentioned. But my point is that is not enough, Boston needs to compete even more, win Fargo and win at Dapper Dan. Then win in college

ATM's in-state career is extremely impressive and anyone who denies that are just fooling themselves. Ohio is very elitist and likes to think their kids and way of life are better then anyone else's, for all lovely Ohioans that I know I apologize for the sweeping generalization but I'm trying to make a point. He is ranked very highly right now based on the strength of his Ohio and Kentucky dominance and off of the national recognition of his pure overall talent. But he needs more national tourney exposure of the type of tournaments I mentioned in order to be placed in a Kyle Snyder/Chance Marstellar level

• Upvote 1

Lol he has simply done everything humanly possible you are wrong , Snyder and chance do not play football as Austin Does and now it goes from elite Ohio kida to elite national kida chance and Snyder nice comparisons I'm sure ATM is flattered but look up his huddle highlight page hes actually living a good life doing well in one sport and perfect in another .

You name

Drop the two best wrestlers in the country both srs trying to knock ATM and what he does lol you only make him that much more impressive , as for TE Ohio legends palmers lost Jordan lost and many more lost in HS , and Austin's team wrestles more in Ohio than ky and he wrestled at the same tourny as graham and a kid ranked ahead of him overall in the country and guess who walked away The ow arm pinning everyone there in the first period two yea in a row no Obio kid has ever done that ther NONE , when he's on hea every but as good as the best ever Ohio wrestlers , as for Snyder and chance well ATM splits his efforts and I have no doubt if he had focused 100 % on wrestling his whole life they would not be mentioned above him .

Doubt ATM stays undefeated , odds are against it he does not run then again I dont see him losing either lol . Brock Boston or any of the other greats in ky except Stephen never played ball either ,

Unless you consider Bryant or Jude their level and they were not . Jude a great ball player loved his films .

Funny does Bo or Mick Jordan wrestle Fargo ??? Many kids do not and they don't have the excuse of multiple sports .

For what it's worth.  I think Nickel might surprise you.  At any rate it's a good debate.  I think the national exposure is valuable but not everything.  It's a regular debate here in Michigan as well.  Possibly the best wrestler in Michigan doesn't wrestle nationals much if at all.  Also for those that think ATM should hang up the cleats I disagree.  There was a cleat wearer that beat a guy named Ruth that you might have heard of at the Southern Scuffle.

I am of the party that criticizes the Jordans for not wrestling at Fargo. You could make a case that they dodge anyone who could challenge the "Jordan Mystique." However Isaac is doing very well for Wisconsin right now so there is at least something to the myth. I am not knocking ATM, I just want to see him wrestle nationally more to show off how good he is.

• Upvote 1

That is not enough in your comment about Boston , pretty ballsy i say it's plenty you don't have to even mess with Fargo to be top dog , not sure ATM can take charge in Fargo not wrestling fr and gr for a few yrs and KY not being the hotbed of the world in fr gr wrestling but to quite someone else it is his skill set , so if he wins four by his sr yr then wins two titles in Fargo would that be enough or must he win four state four nationals reason undefeated and win Fargo doing something NO ONE HAS done in the sport , would that be enough , oh yeah I all throw in a few sacks and a td for good measure .

You kill me , what's next who's name gets name

Dropped next.

• Downvote 1

I have high standards for my elite wrestlers, winning two titles at Fargo would give ATM elite status yes. You don't have to wrestle at Fargo to be elite but it's pretty damn important. If you wanted me to name :"elite" wrestlers in high school right now I would give you

Chance Marstellar
Kyle Snyder

Bryce Brill

Bo Nickal

maybe Nick Nevills

Guys like ATM and Mark Hall are the same talentwise as that bunch, I just want them to flesh out their resumes.

• Upvote 1

If anyone is curious which recruiting rankings I favor I use d1collegewrestling's, but Earl would be the first to admit he makes mistakes and likes to do "rewinds" of old classes to see how well he ranked the seniors

I think all those guys are srs lol Austin is a jr and I never know what grade Mark is in all I know is he has wrestled a long time and is still in grade school or something :)

Well ya I made sure to include only seniors. ATM, depending on how much he can do in the summer with football, could end up in the top 10 for recruiting next year. Mark Hall should be.... uh I think he's a junior next year, it gets confusing.

I actually think he's not a jr , I love mark but yeah I don't know what grade he's in or state or how old he is .

It's all good Austin will probably go to a good school , and that's the goal all the undefeated and stuff is icing four was his goal and I think he gets em , if he's not running the ball

Next yr he probably doesnt play football .

Who is looking at him right now? I could direct you towards a good coaching staff, we don't want him ending up at my beloved Indiana with Pat DeGain gone, they'd probably make ATM cut to 165 or something else crazy

Yes I heard some stuff about coach Jackson being arrogant / made me

Like him all the more if your arrogant about your team that means your pushing them what else could one think , saw some of his interviews seems very focused and intent on having a great program , awesome and he's a bigger guy wich makes me think he may have a soft spot for having good big boys .

And Cornell is Cornell pretty impressive program . Austin will choose he will base it off of where he thinks he can improve the most coaches partners traiing program are important to him and the big ? Will be what weight he goes .

Lindsey-Wilson is doing incredible things. It really looks like they are taking it to the next level. Still they are an entirely different school than Cornell...both on the mat and the academic prestige. Coach Koll has done well with the higher weights too. Cam Simaz and now Gabe Dean. At Cornell you can win a national title as an individual and as a team, too, plus get an Ivy League education. Ivy schools don't give athletic scholarships though. I'd love to know how they get all these great wrestlers to go there. How do they pay for school if not on a wrestling scholarship? Cornell costs about $50K/year.

• Upvote 1

I have high standards for my elite wrestlers, winning two titles at Fargo would give ATM elite status yes. You don't have to wrestle at Fargo to be elite but it's pretty damn important. If you wanted me to name :"elite" wrestlers in high school right now I would give you

Chance Marstellar

Kyle Snyder

Bryce Brill

Bo Nickal

maybe Nick Nevills

Guys like ATM and Mark Hall are the same talentwise as that bunch, I just want them to flesh out their resumes.

ATM doesn't need me to defend him. Tarzan seems quite capable of doing that.

I will say that the kid has never lost in high school and won the NHSCA tournament twice. Wth else does he have to prove!?

And why doesn't Campbell County dual with Moe? Frueauf would be ATMs best match and push him as much as anyone could. Have they wrestled before?

Lindsey-Wilson is doing incredible things. It really looks like they are taking it to the next level. Still they are an entirely different school than Cornell...both on the mat and the academic prestige. Coach Koll has done well with the higher weights too. Cam Simaz and now Gabe Dean. At Cornell you can win a national title as an individual and as a team, too, plus get an Ivy League education. Ivy schools don't give athletic scholarships though. I'd love to know how they get all these great wrestlers to go there. How do they pay for school if not on a wrestling scholarship? Cornell costs about $50K/year.

They are some of the highest endowed institutions in the world.  As long as you have the gpa and a high 28+ act score, they can be cheaper than most other schools.  No redshirts in Ivy league either.

• Upvote 1

Sign in to follow this