Sign in to follow this  
Tarzan

Intermat Rankings feb 5

Intermat rankings as of feb 5 .

Nathan Boston 120 #2 Sr Woodford County

Trae Blackwell 126 #18 Sr Union County

Brock Ervin 132. # 7 Sr Union County

Austin T Myers. 220. # 6 Jr Campbell County

Saw a #1 220 from ok lose a match earlier this yr and drop out of top ten saw a #5 from Ohio lose to an unranked and drop to only 10 , it all depends on who does the rankings and whatever they choose to make important for their rankings at that time or what area the ranker is partial to .

Not many HS jrs in the country are undefeated with national titles I would bet , but should he lose i suspect he would fall much further down than say an Ohio wrestler with much less cred or off season nat tourny success , best to stay undefeated .

Without an ounce of bias I think ATM could beat the #1 220 Nash ,

Also think Brock should be a few higher as high as 2 top 4 for sure .

No reason Boston could not be 1 . Once again the prestige of the state comes into play or the proximity of the ranker perhaps .

Either way good showings by the Ky kids , being on intermat and not from a more "popular " wrestling state like Ohio Pa Cal is a great accomplishment ,

Time to go hunting for the 1 spot .

• Downvote 1

And ATM should be rated higher!

He'd be one lower if Kyle Snyder was competing his senior year though. And the second ranked kid, Dobzanski, is headed to UoL to play baseball.

That's the greatest part of this sport--ATM will have plenty of chances to show he's the best.

• Upvote 1

Saw a #1 220 from ok lose a match earlier this yr and drop out of top ten saw a #5 from Ohio lose to an unranked and drop to only 10 , it all depends on who does the rankings and whatever they choose to make important for their rankings at that time or what area the ranker is partial to .

Not many HS jrs in the country are undefeated with national titles I would bet , but should he lose i suspect he would fall much further down than say an Ohio wrestler with much less cred or off season nat tourny success , best to stay undefeated .

Without an ounce of bias I think ATM could beat the #1 220 Nash ,

Also think Brock should be a few higher as high as 2 top 4 for sure .

No reason Boston could not be 1 . Once again the prestige of the state comes into play or the proximity of the ranker perhaps .

Either way good showings by the Ky kids , being on intermat and not from a more "popular " wrestling state like Ohio Pa Cal is a great accomplishment ,

Time to go hunting for the 1 spot .

I'm impressed with ATM. He's got plenty of upside with his skill set. Has he wrestled any of the higher ranked kids? Jordan Wood who is number five from Pa is only a sophomore. I've seen Wood wrestle and he's amazing. ATM will be 1 or 2 next year, which is superb.

• Upvote 1

He has beaten the next three behind him on intermat wich is more than I would

Bet anyone else on intermat at 220 can say including Wood who has never wrestled Austin ,

if a holes were apples you would still be one ,

I wouldn't be implying anyone could beat Austin other than Snyder and how a soph with losses and less titles gets ranked ahead of ATM is beyond me except of course I know who does the rankings and what states get the padding ,

Ky ain't one of em ,

Like I said he's faced all three kids below him and won , who else at 220 can say that , . Snyders a sr who graduated early a beast .

ATM will be headed for the 1 spot . Regardless of Lowe or any other ranking. When everyone is beaten it will not matter who is ranked where .

Undefeated

• Downvote 1

He has beaten the next three behind him on intermat wich is more than I would

Bet anyone else on intermat at 220 can say including Wood who has never wrestled Austin ,

if a holes were apples you would still be one ,

I wouldn't be implying anyone could beat Austin other than Snyder and how a soph with losses and less titles gets ranked ahead of ATM is beyond me except of course I know who does the rankings and what states get the padding ,

Ky ain't one of em ,

Like I said he's faced all three kids below him and won , who else at 220 can say that , . Snyders a sr who graduated early a beast .

ATM will be headed for the 1 spot . Regardless of Lowe or any other ranking. When everyone is beaten it will not matter who is ranked where .

Undefeated

I'm sorry, I must be slow tonight, but did you just call me an a hole?

Snyder is still in high school. After his world title he decided he had nothing to prove so he's doing his senior year at the OTC. Just saw he'll be in the Dapper Dan though and he's headed to be a Buckeye.

Yeah i saw wood wrestle Thornberry from moe , he should not be ranked ahead of Austin on that kind of performance .

Didn't look amazing to me at super 32 .

I guess if you can ditch HS and go wrestle at the OTC you woud be good and have a great advantage on most , but regular folk like Austin who plays football cannot even do super 32 .

Your like the rest of the Ohio holes can't drop a home state kids name so drop someone coming to OSU lol

All of your comments are compliments covering knocks .

Yeah i saw wood wrestle Thornberry from moe , he should not be ranked ahead of Austin on that kind of performance .

Didn't look amazing to me at super 32 .

I guess if you can ditch HS and go wrestle at the OTC you woud be good and have a great advantage on most , but regular folk like Austin who plays football cannot even do super 32 .

Your like the rest of the Ohio holes can't drop a home state kids name so drop someone coming to OSU lol

All of your comments are compliments covering knocks .

Aaahh, Mpire, is that you? I'm a straight shooter and will say what I think. I won't disguise anything. Is ATM the greatest wrestler ever? No. But he's not done yet. Kyle Snyder is a world champion. I bet ATM would give him all he could handle and then some. Would love to see ATM hang up the cleats. Just sayin.

Jordan Wood took runner up at Flo on one leg.....as a 14 year old at 220. Pa is on another level entirely and he'll get the benefit of that.

Flo is not the end of the world didn't know wood had only one leg I guess he is good but I just watched him wrestle some more matches , again he should

Not be ranked higher Sony care where he's from

Not sure how Austin would do with Snyder but he has beaten a few in the top ten . And no one should get free spots for where tey are from Austin is from Ohio now ky wrestles in both and is an undefeated 2x state and NHSCA nat champ , no need for Benifit of any state when you are going Undefeated every yr in two nat tournys ,

Again with the name

Dropping , I recall Snuder losing to Cox not long ago even he loses . Cox is the best I have seen at 220 in person devesatingly fast I doubt Austin could beat him but he would have shut his offense down just like wood or the rest would not shoot at will on Austin he has better d than any I have seen , and is a different animal week by week. When I say I think he would beat the #1 it's without bias. Lowe has overlooked him for long enough now he will leave no ? He will beat everyone next yr

http://www.flowrestling.org/coverage/250092-Flonationals-2013/video/704236-220-lbs-1st-place-match-Jordan-Wood-Pennsylvania-vs-Derrick-Jones-Iii-California

Jordan Wood gets a lot of respect for being so young and being in Pennsylvania. Maybe he is overrated. This link shows him losing, but watch his explosiveness on his shots. Dare I say he is quick like David Taylor...and only 14!

ATM is a tweener. Can he make 197 in college? If so, watch out because he'll destroy people like Cox is this season. I know he's strong but if he went heavyweight in college he's dealing with the Tony Nelson, Adam Coon types and giving up weight to 6'5" athletes.

Thanks t Reynolds, ill check those out.

Any videos of the ky boys mentioned on here? I've watched some of fausz at fila nationals I think? Can't find many on atm. Of anyone knows where some are, please post a link.

Congrats to all four of these guys!!

It's been an amazing thing to see the improvement throughout our state!

I look forward to seeing the list of our nationally ranked kids grow each year.

Lol David Taylor fast , not hardly ATM has spent a lot of time in a room with Taylor and I have seen him wrestling live and in practice a lot a few yrs back , he's not David Taylor fast or otherwise . good for being young as was ATM and I do not think Wood is 14 at present , if he's David Taylor fast ATM is Hulk strong and has D beyond anyone you have ever seen , , being in PA he surely has a lot to work with , Austin is a well travelled wrestler as a youth and he high kid he had as good or better coaches and partners than anyone in PA at prodigy , Root , Lowe , and Ware , Hasewinkel for a shirt while , he has wrestled the beat in Ohio yrs back , and gets a few tough ones in each yr , he can make 97 now doubt he does stays 220 keeps growing and it works he may be shorter if he goes heavy He is and will be stronger than most if not all and I did say IS meaning NOW he's straight up Powerful and when he gets in a room with studs he will evolve into something rarely seen his formula works constant improvement his potential is limitless .

Sign in to follow this