Sign in to follow this  
CoachC

2014 ASICS/Vaughan Junior & Cadet National Championships

Want to get an early start this year. July 19-26 2014
Please keep this in mind.

April 26 KY FS/GR State Nelson Co. High School

Central Regional May 16-18 2014.
Would also like to see a better turnout at our freestyle/greco state tournament.These styles greatly enhance and compliment your folkstyle ability.

We have improved our numbers and results every year. Would like to continue that.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact me. All my info is on my profile.

More info coming soon.

• Upvote 1

CWA is having a clinic Featuring Zeke Jones JUNE 20-21. For those of you who are not familiar, Zeke is the head freestyle coach for USA Wrestling.

If you plan on ever wrestling in this tournament I strongly recommended you attend this clinic!!!

I would also strongly recommend it for coaches as well!!

Eligibility requirements:

Participation in our State .tournament April 26th at Nelson Co. High School

Participation at Central Regional May16-18 at Lawrence North in Indianapolis

One other competition of your choice.

You must compete in the style/s you wish to compete in in Fargo

There will also be mandatory camp/s that I will release info on at a later date.

Once I have transportation nailed down, I will be able to give you an estimated cost.

If you would like to be part of the team. And stay informed and up to date, Please contact me. All of my contact info is on my profile.

There will also be an option to petition for a spot. These are simple criteria to meet so you will need a very good reason to not have met them.

Regional qualifiers automatically qualify, and do not count against the number of wrestlers we are allowed to bring. 

We are hosting the Midwest Championships on May 3rd. This will be a qualifying freestyle tournament.

We are expecting a lot of out of state participation. Should be a tough tournament and a good opportunity to  prepare for Central Regional & Fargo.

Edited by CoachC

If some 1 would offer weekend camps or 1 day multiple session clinics alot more KY kids would be involved in FS/GR.

I just drove 2oo+miles each way for 3 1.5hour sessions.

the Carr/jones camp is after KY State & central regional qualifier.

Any 1 help !

The petition process will be performance driven. If you were not a high varsity state placer (top 4), And not on any freestyle or Greco tournament brackets that can be readily viewed, I strongly suggest that you find a way to participate Saturday.

State tournament is complete. Anyone who is added to the team now will be by petition only.

You can petition by phone, text, email , or personal message on here. All of my contact info is on my profile. All petitions will be reviewed by entire coaching staff.

The remaining eligibility requirements will still need to be met. 

I will post the currant eligible team members and coaching staff soon.

Final list:

Cadet:                                                                                          Coaches:
Joey Delong                                                                                Jay Yenter
Andrew Ackley                                                                            Nick Ackley
Tanner Yenter                                                                            Jayce Carr                                        

Junior:
Raynel Brown
Logan Erdman
Austin Myers

Final Team

Please Support these athletes!! 

• Upvote 1

I have seen KY kids go to other states camps funded by their states I doubt KY would fund a kid from another state , probably just a kid wanting to go who doesn't have a spot on his states team , don't think their points could count for KY .

Of the kids that are on the list so far, these are the kids who plan to double:

Joey Delong

Andrew Ackley

Austin Myer

Tanner Yenter

Studs , tough to do could you please let us know as soon as possible how they will be doing weigh ins and weigh outs , I have seen them change it up from yr to yr will greco have weigh ins and outs every day , it can determine what weights people attempt .

Thanks

I have updated the list of qualified individuals that have committed, and the list who plan to double.

The remaining qualified individuals that have expressed interest are:

Saul Ervin

Brady Wells

Bryce Sheffer

Rylan Ervin

Brock Ervin

Cole Sherman

David Carr

The team will be finalized Sunday May 25th.

The first group have arrived in Fargo. They're checked in and ready to go. Tomorrow Andrew Ackley & Joey Delong go for gold in cadet greco-roman. on Monday morning Austin Myers & Raynel Brown go for gold in junior greco-roman. Get behind these boys! They're proudly representing our state!

They will be joined by Tanner Yenter in the Cadets and Logan Erdman in The Jr div for Freestyle .Rough draws it looks like no seed even for a Reg Champ ranked very high nationally in Folkstyle .Knock em out early I hope .

Different ballgame with guys who have graduated and are entering college to wrestle in the fall it will be a big task to place in anything in the Jr div and cadet as well.

Sign in to follow this