Sign in to follow this  
neverbreak

State Dual Champs and State Tournament Champs?

Well now the new numbers seem to show a 50/50 shot at winning both!  I know some State Duals have been cancelled due to snow, so it really might be half the time the Dual winner also wins State.  Good luck hope everyone is ready!

Seems that Union has both the aces and the depth for both, but anything can happen.  We have all seen teams surprise people. 

Yes union looks to have it All finally.gonna look a whole lot different next year there with Brock and Blackwell gone , as for the tournament vs the duals it ain't over till its over union should sweep small school and maybe the whole shebang but the big school will have some twists Woodford looks to be the schocker this yr , Maybe it's Their yr .

I like how union and x wrestled , I think all the champs should play king of the Mat at the end of each state tournament to determine who is #1 1 champ for most wins and a champ for who goes undefeated .:)

No forfeits

• Upvote 1

Woodford just doesn't have the upper weights to pull off a shocker. Wyatt is a stud but they are real thin up top.  Need all their little guys to pin or major just to stay top 5, imo.

I think Henry Clay could sneak into top 5....and Lafayette top 8.  That's a good showing for 2 schools who a few years ago folks were saying had been passed up by Tates Creek.

Looking at all of the teams I feel like it will come down to Union and Saint X. The rest of the teams have no hammers.

I disagree. Campbell and woodford both have at least 2 hammers, but Woodfords upper weights might have to make major upsets.

Looking at all of the teams I feel like it will come down to Union and Saint X. The rest of the teams have no hammers.

You might want to look closer.  I think you could consider Boston, Fausz, and myers hammers.  Just a thought

Courtney and the lightweight kid 106 from Woodford are tough Boston and Austin are ranked pretty high nationally - higher than Brock and trae in some rankings ,

I think people are jumping the gun counting out CC for a crappy dual showing but we will see

I would say:

Campbell has 9 possible placers (2 champs), Woodford has 6 possible placers (1 champ), Union has 8-10 possible placers (2 champs)

CC

106-Wells (top 4)

113-Krebs (ltop 6)

126-Spahr (did not wrestle at duals?...top 8)

132-Maggard (top 6)

138-Fausz (champ)

170-Turner (possible finalist)

182-Matthews (top 4..possible finalist)

220-Myers (champ)

285-Sinclair (top 6)

Where they are weak they are WEAK, that was very apparent at duals.  This line-up might be all that qualifies from the hammer that is region 6!

WC

106-Hurst (possible finalist)

113-Fallon (top 8)

120-Boston (Champ)

126-Carr (possible finalist)

145-Andrioni (top 4)

182-Courtney (top 4)

No one else really impressed, but solid and from a slightly weaker region so could get some points from other guys!

UC

106-S. Ervin (top 5)

113-Sheffer (possible finalist)

120-Dezember (possible finalist)

126-Blackwell (champ)

132-B. Ervin (champ)

138-Oxford (top 8)

145-Gahaffer (top 4)

285-Brown (did not wrestle at duals?...top 4)

Was impressed with their 182lb guy at state duals 3-2 with Smith from moore also with 170 not being as deep this year their Smith could place.  Same thing as woodford they come from a relatively weak region and could get some points from their other guys!

St. X

did not get to watch them this year and they bounced guys all over the place at the duals!

I think the state tournament is anyones to win and lose!!

• Upvote 1

St X  106 top8

113 binder top 4

120 beats top 8

126 miles close to top 8

132 haddad top 8(has potential to shock everyone except Brock of course)

145 smart close to top 8

152 champ 5 pins

160 champ 4 pins

hwt top 8

3 or 4 favorable draws they could be in the mix. X has a chance to qualify 14

Union should get at least 13

Fern Creek coming from region 3 could get all 14 in.   Most are right around top 10 or so in their classes.

Trinity has 9 potential placers 8 of them have at least a shot getting in the top 4.

Even after all that Union is still my pick to win it all.   If Union gets some favorable draws they could put up some serious points.

Tarzan someone else already did CC.   Spar could make a big dif.

It would be nice if was still in doubt when the big boys wrestle.

• Upvote 1

Sign in to follow this