Sign in to follow this  
Ranger123

Kentuckywrestling.com HS Rankings 2013/2014 - JANUARY 30

******RANKINGS UPDATE***********

Number 1 @ 285 is Zane Brown 8th grade from Shamrock. Kid is a bit undersized for this weight but is tough as nails. He is undefeated at this weight.

Don't forget that check in the morning zaniac. :)

******RANKINGS UPDATE***********

Number 1 @ 285 is Zane Brown 8th grade from Shamrock. Kid is a bit undersized for this weight but is tough as nails. He is undefeated at this weight.

Don't forget that check in the morning zaniac. :)

your gonna have to knock 20.00 off....he is only in 7th grade!!

Ranger I am partial since I am the father of a wrestler but I do have a question. Brandon Leak started the season ranked 24th and since has beaten the 13th,15th,16th and 17th ranked guys and even wen a hard match with Caleb Austin and lost by 3. Yet he has now moved to 25th. Again not familiar with all the wrestlers and understand the enormous work you put into these rankings and appreciate it greatly. Thanks for any insight.

If you want more accurate rankings send Ranger your updated info (wins loses weights etc.) each week coaches.

As a coach I never liked sending in result because I didn't want my kids ranked. When they asked why they were not ranked I would tell them. "Because your not good enough and nobody knows who you are". Then they had something to prove.

This may be a post I regret but to me these rankings were just something to put out just to satisfy people to get them off your back. I do not feel that there was a lot of effort that were put into these as various wrestlers that are ranked are out for the season or not wrestling at all and other wrestlers that are ranked that quite frankly shouldn't Be. There are also some wrestlers that should be ranked a few very high that aren't Ranked at all. I promise that I have a great deal of respect for all that you do for this sport and I know that when you put your report out for the regions and the state tournament the results of these rankings will be quite different. I don't know I guess my question to you would be why put these out at all if you know in your heart you didn't give your best effort? I still thank you for all you do for this great sport ! Sorry my grammar is so bad on this post as I'm posting from my phone. I know when the Ranger report comes it will be top notch and no one can do it like you can. Respectfully submitted.

Have you provide this input prior Ranger's updates?  Which kids has won, lost or not wrestling?  If not, last I knew Ranger doesn't attend every event in the state and isn't a mind reader.... Provide feedback that will improve the system, not just complaining about which kid isn't ranked or to high or not high enough....

Has Been, you beat me to it.

On top of the rankings, Ranger has a family to take care, coaches and works a full-time job. How in the heck can anyone expect to know every little freaking detail about every freaking wrestler across the state?

If coaches and fans would reach out and get Ranger this information BEFORE he releases new rankings, this wouldn't be an issue. But for some reason, very few coaches respond to his inquiries -- which leads to what some folks view as skewed rankings

If you don't like the product that's out there, do something about it. Don't just complain behind an anonymous screen name.

Hey Ranger, I for one want to thank you for all the years, time, effort and energy you have put into ranking these wonderful kids.. I know it is not an easy task.. For all the critics out there ... do you own ranking that way you can rank your own Kids as high as you like..with that being said this is the last year I will see my son's name ranked and appreciate all the efforts involved..

Has Been... your name suits you well.  I'm not sure there's been bigger contributor than fanofwrestling to the 182's specifically.... and Ranger just blew that one all to hell. If he didn't blow the other weight classes, at LEAST he needs to turn over the 182's to someone else because that one is just a mess.  

• Downvote 2

Well if one of your loved ones wrestled At a certain weight and you scoped and researched everyone at that weight --- you would probably have a better grasp on it than ranger as well , try it with every class ?? Then complain

• Upvote 1

Yes I have scoped the nation at 220 :) and as the season unfolds of course someone creeps up the rankings who should have started above where he is now but that's the nature of Rankings !

138 is really tough. I know one kid that has beaten a handful at the top ranked above him.....proving how deep it is. I'd divulge his name, but he likes it that way......motivation.

Chandler from male may finish higher then people think. Had Mueller beat today(up by one with 20-30 seconds left) but gave up a takedown with a second left. I got gotta give his credit. He could have stalled out and won it easy, but he kept pushing instead and gave up a takedown at last second. Great match.

Anyone else concerned about the new way they are planning on wrestling for the 1st/2nd spots at State? They will no longer have a separate time for the Championship match. They will wrestle all 8 placers at the same time with 4 mats going simultaneously. If you are concerned, please express you constructive criticism to the KHSAA at 859-299-5472 or email Julian Tackett at jtackett@khsaa.org or Mike Barren at mbarren@khsaa.org.

Done!

I hope everyone can send an email, letter, petition or call so we can keep this a True State Championship and not just another event that KHSAA has to put on. These wrestlers and coaches work far too hard not to be honored with a special event to crown their champions!!! Stay strong and let's work together to protect the greatest sport in history and our children's role in that history!

Now I know how great and skilled Boston is but even if nobody else thinks so I thinks he's gonna get a run for his money or beat. And if the torney sets up the way I hope they'll meet in the finals. Bobby p from Moore is a beast and he's gonna give nathen everything he wants and I think a little bit Moore.