Sign in to follow this  
Ranger123

Kentuckywrestling.com HS Rankings 2013/2014 - JANUARY 30

Okay, check this out.  Like a few people have pointed out, state duals will give us a final indication of where guys are likely to end up for the post season.  Plus a few exciting matchups I'm sure.  This should get us through the end of the MS season and I will shoot for a full update heading into region and state.

Rankings Jan 30.pdf

Scott has 6 guys all ranked... May surprise some people at duels and be pretty dominate next year since all the guys will be seniors.

Plus they went right down to the wire with Ryle and Campbell County at the NKAC, and in fact led the entire tournament, only falling behind in the last handful of matches to finish 3rd easily.  I thought they'd be ranked a little higher as a team than 18th (they were 16th last ranking).  They have been battling injuries (they've had an 8th grader in the lineup most of the year), but look like they are healthier now and could make some noise this weekend.  This is the weekend they need to step up and prove themselves.  

Ordinarily and before reading that post I would have complimented a team on improving and looking good and I have complimented Scott before and they did look good but that last post kind of annoys me ,seriously saying they led the whole tournament untill down to the last handful of matches , not hardly , I was there I think they led early before half of CC guys ever set foot on the mat due to Byes ?

And it carried over a round or so Not sure how close it was perhaps the actual

Scores might tell the tale a bit better .

Either way they did look good and congrats to them , I wouldnt crown them kings of reg 6 just yet , Ryle looks to be on the rise again as well with Meiman the Erdmans ,Belk ,and the rest , maybe it will get interesting next yr and I agree 18 seems low for them .

Okay, check this out. Like a few people have pointed out, state duals will give us a final indication of where guys are likely to end up for the post season. Plus a few exciting matchups I'm sure. This should get us through the end of the MS season and I will shoot for a full update heading into region and state.

Trey Norton is at 152. He only has 3 losses. One to Agnew 8-6 in which he controlled the match, Ian kahl 13-10 and Justin Lampe in a tech fall. He should definitely be higher then what he is

This may be a post I regret but to me these rankings were just something to put out just to satisfy people to get them off your back. I do not feel that there was a lot of effort that were put into these as various wrestlers that are ranked are out for the season or not wrestling at all and other wrestlers that are ranked that quite frankly shouldn't Be. There are also some wrestlers that should be ranked a few very high that aren't Ranked at all. I promise that I have a great deal of respect for all that you do for this sport and I know that when you put your report out for the regions and the state tournament the results of these rankings will be quite different. I don't know I guess my question to you would be why put these out at all if you know in your heart you didn't give your best effort? I still thank you for all you do for this great sport ! Sorry my grammar is so bad on this post as I'm posting from my phone. I know when the Ranger report comes it will be top notch and no one can do it like you can. Respectfully submitted.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I concur with fanofwrestling6.  You have guys ranked for my team who have not stepped on the mat this year.  You also apparently have not looked at results as several of our wrestlers who have multiple wins over guys ranked in the top 10 are not in the rankings.  I understand if you don't have the time to do this anymore, but to put out rankings which are recognized as the official state rankings that are so far off does not help.  The KWCA needs to appoint a committee who share the responsibility to publish rankings with a little validity.

This may be a post I regret but to me these rankings were just something to put out just to satisfy people to get them off your back. I do not feel that there was a lot of effort that were put into these as various wrestlers that are ranked are out for the season or not wrestling at all and other wrestlers that are ranked that quite frankly shouldn't Be. There are also some wrestlers that should be ranked a few very high that aren't Ranked at all. I promise that I have a great deal of respect for all that you do for this sport and I know that when you put your report out for the regions and the state tournament the results of these rankings will be quite different. I don't know I guess my question to you would be why put these out at all if you know in your heart you didn't give your best effort? I still thank you for all you do for this great sport ! Sorry my grammar is so bad on this post as I'm posting from my phone. I know when the Ranger report comes it will be top notch and no one can do it like you can. Respectfully submitted.

I concur with fanofwrestling6.  You have guys ranked for my team who have not stepped on the mat this year.  You also apparently have not looked at results as several of our wrestlers who have multiple wins over guys ranked in the top 10 are not in the rankings.  I understand if you don't have the time to do this anymore, but to put out rankings which are recognized as the official state rankings that are so far off does not help.  The KWCA needs to appoint a committee who share the responsibility to publish rankings with a little validity.

Couldn't agree more. He wanted people off his back. Took not much time to look into any results. Barton should be way higher. 113 looks out of whack. Heidorf a little high. Moreman is at 113 and moved up a spot at 120. Erdman doesn't move up? Many weight classes are a little off

Ordinarily and before reading that post I would have complimented a team on improving and looking good and I have complimented Scott before and they did look good but that last post kind of annoys me ,seriously saying they led the whole tournament untill down to the last handful of matches , not hardly , I was there I think they led early before half of CC guys ever set foot on the mat due to Byes ?

And it carried over a round or so Not sure how close it was perhaps the actual

Scores might tell the tale a bit better .

Either way they did look good and congrats to them , I wouldnt crown them kings of reg 6 just yet , Ryle looks to be on the rise again as well with Meiman the Erdmans ,Belk ,and the rest , maybe it will get interesting next yr and I agree 18 seems low for them .

Sorry, didn't mean to imply they were kings of the region, that wasn't my intention, because they aren't.  Just saying they've improved, and I think they surprised a few people at the NKAC.  They were though, in the lead, for a good portion of the tourney.  I was following the score almost match by match on Trackwrestling, and they didn't lose the lead until about midway through the finals round.  So, maybe last handful of matches wasn't quite correct.  They aren't that strong in the heavier weights (aside from Miller), and missing a 220 most of the year hurts.  Even so,  they really needed to perform a lot better in the finals matches they got into in the lighter and middle weights.  And in order to rise higher, they will need to do better in both those areas next year.  Still, though, it's nice to see them back on the map in wrestling.

Really. Really. As usual some of you like to mention the wins and ignore the bad losses for your kids. And has been mentioned numerous numerous times, if you don't like it they are rankings. Either do it yourself or ignore them. Or at least provide some constructive feedback prior to the day after. Thanks to the few (and I do mean few) coaches who provided constructive feedback through professional channels. I went right to my spreadsheet and made those updates. Those who want to come on here and whine insert your favorite jerk response here.

As far as weights looking a bit different than you would expect, I say look at all of a kids losses. Yes they may have some big wins, but beating a returning top placer in December then losing to someone off the grid doesn't put you on top of the list. I've always said this. I give more credit to the guys who have been there and done it before even if they take a couple losses.

Ranger thanks for the updates.   Some people can always find a reason to be negative.   If you want more accurate rankings send Ranger your updated info (wins loses weights etc.)  each week coaches.

And for you dads fishing for an ego boost send me a pm and $20 and for at least a week I will put your kid in the top 10. Or just do your own rankings so you can pump their confidence these last few weeks. Your call.

And for you dads fishing for an ego boost send me a pm and $20 and for at least a week I will put your kid in the top 10. Or just do your own rankings so you can pump their confidence these last few weeks. Your call.

What will 100.00 get me?? B)

******RANKINGS UPDATE***********

Number 1 @ 285 is Zane Brown 8th grade from Shamrock. Kid is a bit undersized for this weight but is tough as nails. He is undefeated at this weight.

Don't forget that check in the morning zaniac. :)

******RANKINGS UPDATE***********

Number 1 @ 285 is Zane Brown 8th grade from Shamrock. Kid is a bit undersized for this weight but is tough as nails. He is undefeated at this weight.

Don't forget that check in the morning zaniac. :)

Thats awesome!!!!!!  Ranger I cant believe you told them about the money.  I thought I was the only customer you had.