Sign in to follow this  
eville dad

State Duals

Wouldn't be surprised to see a repeat of last years small school finals. Johnson Central is still young and has a nice amount of talent.

Trinity looked good in 12 down last yr I know they have a couple studs but I didn't notice them as a team threat have to watch them at duals , Henry Clay deserves watching for sure I would say , Sk is not as tough as last yr CC may be if everyone is healthy and firing , the sr have improved but some are coming off injuries the lightweights are on the rise the middles are working but are not the level of last yrs srs nor should they be . Need big showings from those that can do it if they roll in at 90 % they roll out Champs again .

All the dream Matchup stuff is kind of odd with state duals a couple days away , but it's understandable , the reality of who is about to win is not as enjoyable or as fun for some to talk about as the fantasy matchup stuff you can make your own endings to .

CC big school , Union small school .

• Downvote 1

Yep Mathews to 170 ATM to 195 .Turner to 160 . Gratsovich to 220 , now that puts a monkey wrench in everyone's plans :)

Bankamper is a genius .

Prp was a 3, filling in for manual. When Prp backed out, it went to next best team. Not sure how it was determined, but I know fern creek had beat other third place teams.

Lol that would be dumb . CC is stronger with everyone where they are a hahahahahaha

I think they could have made it happen except injuries slowed everyone down , of course that was the actual plan amongst the youngsters but sheet happens . And sometimes those weight drops backfire .

Well losing a couple x state finalists hurt but it seems like some in that weight range would have been ready to step in and take over at a high level they are young in those weights at present. Kids with heart and big shoes to fill . Hard to be top notch from top to bottom , every kid from 220 down could actually drop but then you just create a hole at 220 with an already undersised 195 bumping , it would not create any tactical advantage with the distinct possibility that some who are solid where they are are not comfortable at a lighter weight , Mathews / Turner , football players are in great shape and can cut but are Already in shape and comfortable in their own skin , in other words they don't like cutting and with one coming off an injury it was a risky option that would leave a hole at a higher weight .

I think Mathews would win 170 ,As long as the other 3 top 182s stay there . Hard to say what Turner would do at 160 right now certainly a top placer.

PRP is out and Fern Creek is in. PRP was the three in their sectional so it goes to the best next available 3rd Place Team. It came down to Lafayette, Fern Creek, and Ryle. Fern Creek has head to head wins over Saint Xavier, Trinity, Lafayette, and Woodford County so the spot was offered to Fern Creek.

Fern Creek also has head to head wins over North Hardin and Simon Kenton.  We are 1-1 vs Trinity and 1-2 vs Oldham Co including winning vs Oldham at Sectional duals.

Sign in to follow this