Sign in to follow this  
halfhalfhalf

mustang classic

This was last years list .. and hopefully this year the tourney will go... last year mother nature got this one.... Hopefully a couple others get in....Either way always is a very well ran good tourney with strong wrestling... 

Confirmed by north oldham coach:
Boone County
Bullitt East
Central
Dixie Heights
Doss
Eastern
Fern Creek
Fort Knox
Franklin County
Holy Cross (Louisville)
Iroquois
Madison Central
McCreary Central
Moore
North Hardin
North Oldham
Oldham County
Pleasure Ridge Park
Seneca
South Oldham
Southern
Trinity (Louisville)
University Heights
Western Hills
Christian co 

Thats good hopefully the list of teams will be about the same. That list features some very strong brackets in just about all the weight classes. The 170's and 182's feature at least half the top 10 . Over half in the 182s 7 out of the top 10 and 5 of the top 10 in the 170's from my rankings anyway . No matter what rankings you look at , you place in the top 4 in this one you've earned it lol . Looking forward too seeing your kids wrestle !

Remember the list is last years list but from checking schedules it looks like all the teams with the above listed numbers will be there this year.

They run a great tourney at North Oldham, hated to see weather cancel it last year. Last chance to go live before the "playoffs." Glad to see a number of ranked kids attending.....that is if there were rankings anymore. Kidding Ranger.

I noticed that Christian Co is listed as going to the Charger Classic as well. Are they sending a varsity team to one event and a jv team to the other?

I noticed that Christian Co is listed as going to the Charger Classic as well. Are they sending a varsity team to one event and a jv team to the other?

The list that is listed above is last years. I haven't seen anything on this year's list hope someone has It. Thanks

Here is the list I have:

Boone, Central, Dixie Heights, Doss, Eastern, Fern Creek, Fort Knox, Franklin Co., Holly Cross, McCreary Central, Moore, North Hardin, North Oldham, Oldham Co., PRP, South Oldham, Spencer Co., Trinity, University Heights, Valley, and Walton Verona.

I think Franklin Co. rescheduled their home tourny for this weekend, so I don't know how they would be at North Oldham.  We'll see what happens.  Are the teams up north going to be able to travel?  If everyone shows up it will be a great tournament.

Here are the teams currently attending:

Boone County

Central

Dixie Heights

Doss

Eastern

Fern Creek

Fort Campbell

Fort Knox

Holy Cross (Louisville)

McCreary Central

Moore

North Hardin

North Oldham

Oldham County

Pleasure Ridge Park

South Oldham

Spencer County

Trinity (Louisville)

University Heights

Valley

Walton Verona

Woodford County

Wow !!!!! 182 will be very tough. Ill take a stab at the top 4 seeds.

1. Mike Smith (Moore)

2. Courtney (Woodford)

3. Leaton (Oldham) here because of win over Frankrone

4. Frankrone (Trinity)

This will definitely be worth watching !!!

Plus your wild cards like Dodd and Jones,mini state tournament right there! !!

1. Mike Smith (Moore)

2. Courtney (Woodford)

4. Frankrone (Trinity)

Looks like a fun tourney for 182's .. didn't know Woodford was coming.. thought they had there yellowjacket duals or something like that but either way very tough indeed but if you place in the top 4 as I mentioned earlier... you've earned it !

Is this a 1 day tournament? If so, how do they handle the 5 match rule? I'm still somewhat new to Ky high school wrestling. It must not be double elimination I'm guessing?

145 looks good also Andreoni, Brown and Kahl.   That's a tough group.  If I left anyone out sorry.  Seeding should be Kahl no.1 based his and Brown's match at state.  Brown at no.2 win against Andreoni.

1. Mike Smith (Moore)

2. Courtney (Woodford)

4. Frankrone (Trinity)

1. Mike Smith (Moore)

2. Courtney (Woodford)

4. Frankrone (Trinity)

I would have to add Haywood from Fort Campbell in that group as well for a shot at the top 4.
  • Upvote 1

From what I have heard north Hardin and I want to say Fort Knox are out due to snow. So I am guessing they were out yesterday as well. Will there be a weight allowance. And I can't wait to watch some great wrestling this weekend 182 is like e state tournament, and 145 is pretty darn close!

From what I have heard north Hardin and I want to say Fort Knox are out due to snow. So I am guessing they were out yesterday as well. Will there be a weight allowance. And I can't wait to watch some great wrestling this weekend 182 is like e state tournament, and 145 is pretty darn close!

NFHS Rule 4-5-5.

ART. 5 . . . When there are consecutive days of team competition, there shall be a 1-pound additional allowance granted each day for all wrestlers up to a maximum of two pounds. In order to be granted this 1-pound additional allowance, a minimum of 48 hours advance notice is required for the opponent(s). The acceptable person(s) to receive that notice shall be the head coach, principal or athletic director. Competitions that are postponed for one calendar day or more, for reasons beyond the control of the participating school(s), or practices that cannot be held in these situations due to school policy shall be treated the same as competitions when there are consecutive days of competition in terms of the 1-pound allowance, with the exception of the required 48-hour notice.

You can't go off of Kahl vs brown last year. This year they haven't wrestled. Brown will be your #1, Kahl and Andreoni will meet in the semis. Andreoni is a stud beating Whalen last week. I bet makes the state finals as a 9th grader

And Whalen is still the toughest at that weight class

What would make Brown no.1 you cant use rankings and they have the same record.   Kahl is returning state placer Brown is not.   What do you use to determine the seed.

Sign in to follow this