Sign in to follow this  
Bluesdad

Toughest weight class in each region?

great point Dutch sorry I didn't mean any disrespect to anyone. They are both great kids and wrestlers. I just got caught up in something I shouldn't of. If I made anyone mad I didn't mean to. I wish the best of luck to all the wrestlers. I need to know when to just set back and keep quite. Again if I said anything disrespectful I didn't mean to.

Same here, also don't count out Miller as he's been wrestling very good, and the Wheeler kid always wrestles smart so he could be a tough out if he's on his A game at 92. The good news is we will know for sure in less than two weeks, I hope they all wrestle great and we have some great matches! Also don't discount Taylor at 86 after dropping down and winning a tough match over Fitzhugh at regions.

I never once said Tucker couldnt be beat and I never said he would smash anybody. I simply said I think he beats him now (Roth). Reread my post. I also said he could probly win 92. Never said he would go to 92lb class and run threw it. Simply said I think he could win it.

WOW!

I see we are having some fun today on the message boards! Its all good!

First, I completely agree with dutch. Dutch knows my kid very well. And he has played a huge part along with Ranger in Blake's success. Just on the mental / emtional parts of this sport many times over. Does Blake train hard? absoulutley! Has he wrestled some of the best kids in the country, No Doubt! The list is very long, with some wins and some loses.

Not that I have to explain anything regarding Blake goes, because I don't, but to atleast give my kid a fare shake. Let me share a little insight on this season. If anyone knows me personally, I do not and will not hold punches! I don't have to give my kids resume on wrestling, to be honest with you all, there is to much for me to remember LOL! But I will give some info on what or why we did what just for this season. I don't get on this thing and talk about my kid very often. Just not worth it all!

Blake has been weighing at 90-91 all year. And I have tried to get him bigger, just not in his cards right now! He could have wrestled 86 all year, but for our team it just wasn't the right fit. Heck Blake wrestled up at 98 this year and won NKAC. He has had 10 or so matches at the HS level I think going 7-3, giving up 15-18 pounds everytime. Blake went down to 86 for the PHILO tournament, which by many coaches, such as Jeff Jordan and a few other big names have label this event one of, if not the toughest MS Tournament in the Country. Blake was one match from placing in the top 5 in this event out of a 32 man bracket. Talking about 32 of the best kids in the country. You just don't show up and get into this event.

We decided to have Blake go 92 for post season, strickly for the Team. This actually help get my 86 pounder to qualify for State.

Is Blake the best kid at 92? I think so, just my opinion, but there are other kids in this weight class that are very good and could win it all. If anyone really knows Blake or me, I can assure he isn't running from no one. Giving up 15-18 pounds to wrestle HS, sounds like he is running! Not hardly!

Now for Ty. Ty has worked very hard in the off season, he did very well at Team KY. I think he went 6-1, heck he might have went 7-0. He wrestled very well. He also won the Tournament of Champions in Columbus Ohio, which is no cupcake event.

Ty is doing all the right things to have a very successful year. Is he the best kid at 86, I think so, just my opinion. However both of these kids can be beat. Thats the beauty of this sport. It happens!

Both of these kids are top notch wrestlers with tons of potential.

I wish them both the best, and hope that they both acheive their goals throughout the season!

WOW!

I see we are having some fun today on the message boards! Its all good!

First, I completely agree with dutch. Dutch knows my kid very well. And he has played a huge part along with Ranger in Blake's success. Just on the mental / emtional parts of this sport many times over. Does Blake train hard? absoulutley! Has he wrestled some of the best kids in the country, No Doubt! The list is very long, with some wins and some loses.

Not that I have to explain anything regarding Blake goes, because I don't, but to atleast give my kid a fare shake. Let me share a little insight on this season. If anyone knows me personally, I do not and will not hold punches! I don't have to give my kids resume on wrestling, to be honest with you all, there is to much for me to remember LOL! But I will give some info on what or why we did what just for this season. I don't get on this thing and talk about my kid very often. Just not worth it all!

Blake has been weighing at 90-91 all year. And I have tried to get him bigger, just not in his cards right now! He could have wrestled 86 all year, but for our team it just wasn't the right fit. Heck Blake wrestled up at 98 this year and won NKAC. He has had 10 or so matches at the HS level I think going 7-3, giving up 15-18 pounds everytime. Blake went down to 86 for the PHILO tournament, which by many coaches, such as Jeff Jordan and a few other big names have label this event one of, if not the toughest MS Tournament in the Country. Blake was one match from placing in the top 5 in this event out of a 32 man bracket. Talking about 32 of the best kids in the country. You just don't show up and get into this event.

We decided to have Blake go 92 for post season, strickly for the Team. This actually help get my 86 pounder to qualify for State.

Is Blake the best kid at 92? I think so, just my opinion, but there are other kids in this weight class that are very good and could win it all. If anyone really knows Blake or me, I can assure he isn't running from no one. Giving up 15-18 pounds to wrestle HS, sounds like he is running! Not hardly!

Now for Ty. Ty has worked very hard in the off season, he did very well at Team KY. I think he went 6-1, heck he might have went 7-0. He wrestled very well. He also won the Tournament of Champions in Columbus Ohio, which is no cupcake event.

Ty is doing all the right things to have a very successful year. Is he the best kid at 86, I think so, just my opinion. However both of these kids can be beat. Thats the beauty of this sport. It happens!

Both of these kids are top notch wrestlers with tons of potential.

I wish them both the best, and hope that they both acheive their goals throughout the season!

Glad you are taking it all in stride. I never meant any disrespect to Blake or Ty, they are still kids and they don't need that, especially with the work they have put in to get to the level they're at. When I agreed with the other guy earlier that I thought Ty could win state at 92 as well, that was just an opinion and in no way meant as disrespect toward Blake. Honestly I'd love to see them wrestle because I think it would be a very entertaining match no matter what the outcome. If Ty's dad sees this I hope he understands as well. I wasn't trying to start any type of rivalry, especially between two kids in desperate weight classes. I hope they both wrestle well and that they both run into some difficult matches along the way, it's always good to see the best get challenged and persevere. I want all the kids in every weight class to build momentum for next year, or in some cases, for the rest of the high school season.

I became a Blake fan at one of the Hardin County tournaments early in the season when he wrestled a tough kid from the Indiana Outlaws. It had very little to do with his wrestling. 

I like that tiltfor3. We need to recognize the character of these kids off the mat as well because we have some real studs out there who are absolutely great kids.