Sign in to follow this  
IWIN

Hammer and Anvil

Five champs , seven belts ,Sinclair takes second in heavies ,as well Wells wins as well I think Maggard places also , Fausz wins Ow a four timer there beating Romero , ,CC blew it out down only one weight ,

• Upvote 1

CC looks ready a few beat up But looking ready for a state run seven or eight for sure placers I would guess .and a High school nationally ranked undefeated Wrestling King of the Jungle looking for his third straight Title at 220 :)

• Upvote 1

The last post Sounds like some of the banter of an envious parent who likes to push Buttons and stir the pot to cause trouble .

I don't see how saying a team looks ready for a state run and predicting seven Or eight state placers for seven or eight who are ranked very high is over zealous , looking ready and guessing numbers is hardly anything more than confidence . As for the rest of the post barring injury the certainty that the 220 state champ repeats is the surest bet anyone could make in the wrestling world the only Totally undefeated state champ in the state will dominate at All Tech and leave Lexington with every fan in the state thinking if he cannot go undefeated for four years in season in Kentucky no one ever will :) even leaving those he has beaten with the knowledge that they were champions losing only to the best EVER in the state .:) no opponent no Injury no quick call never got the chance to take him out and his Back never touched the mat for even an instant in four yrs of High School wrestling in kY or elsewhere in the regular season and perhaps Ever in High School , over zealous , not even close , Enjoy the little time you have left to witness a Legend making Kentucky History and know that your petty attempts to deter his hype only served to add fuel to his fire .

Looking forward to Campbell County winning state duals once again then making that state run dominating all those private schools as ATM never breaks a sweat .

• Downvote 1

Sounds like some of the banter of an overzealous parent that was spewed on here last year nonstop. If anything people should know is that state is unpredictable.

To make it easier for everyone to understand your own Motivation . Why are you even commenting on a thread about The Hammer and Anvil I doubt you have anything to do with Campbell County or Simon Kenton The two Kentucky Teams that were there . You should be more concerned about what to say on your posts following state duals and the actual State Tournament !! When over zealousness leads to titles !!!!

The fact was team state champions are never a given. I know your son will win his third title, he's one of the best I've seen. Last year, you were guaranteeing a team title for Campbell county. How did that prediction work out?

• Upvote 1

Truer words were never spoken ukpridewrestler11.  Saw CC wrestle for the first time this year at the hammer, I was really impressed! 7 out of 14

weight classes were 9th and 10th graders but you wouldn't know it. the 126lb 10th grader was out with inj. only 4 out of 14 weight classes are seniors. yet this years accomplishments include 1st. NKAC. 1st. Hammer & Anvil. 2nd. Fairfield inv. and 2nd. at the Ryle Rumble. I expect them to be in the mix at state. But I also know this is probably going to be Unions year with a star studded senior ladden team. But like you say, champions are never a given.

CC won Hammer and Anvil as expected. I was surprised to read that Lebanon did so well. What about Rochester, Mi? How did they look this year compared to last?

Last I saw they were 8th. The 170lb took 1st don't know about the rest

The fact was team state champions are never a given. I know your son will win his third title, he's one of the best I've seen. Last year, you were guaranteeing a team title for Campbell county. How did that prediction work out?

Your obsessive preoccupation with myself or whoever shows your true intentions about even posting on a thread that has absolutely nothing to with any school anywhere remotely close to you .

I don't recall anyone guaranteeing a state team title ???? I will say you are fortunate to be around to witness one of the rarest of accomplishments in this sport as a wrestler attempts "and is over half way there " to go undefeated in High School competition inn season and even possibly out of season taking on all comers from Ky and Ohio and proving its no fluke winning nationals and beating some of the best in the country at nationals and national duals .

Why you insist on focusing on someone who has nothing to do with you rather than talk about or talk up your own team us beyond me , rather than attack someone for talking about or talking up a kid or team why don't you focus on the positives of the team or person you care about , of course they may not add up to the accomplishments of everyone else or the best but at least it would show more honor or sincerity than simply crying about someone else's hype or accomplishments all the time over and over it's all I hear is waaahhhhhh waahhhhh u need a freaking pacifier it's sickening :)

Now back to the hammer and anvil , and It's 2 x team champions Campbell County :) Rochester was obviously down compared to last yr they did manage to win a class or two and had a few studs but lacked the firepower of last yr .

And I do think Austin wins state again and will do so another time no one would guarantee a team title there are to many variables but barring Injury I would guarantee ATM wins state this yr and will give back some of the love he Has been shown .

It will be a great honor becoming Campbell Counties first ever 3x state champ and a greater one becoming it's and his states first ever four timer anywhere near his weight , just think a four time undefeated champ who NO ONE has ever put on his back in High school , now talk smack down a kid his dad his team his accomplishments while the rest of the country stands up and says that Kentucky boy is the real deal a multiple time national champ who has beaten state champs from his freshman yr on ,simply The Best !!!!

Lebanon looked very good a lot of placing kids they kind of sneak in without a lot of bang , western Brown had a couple champs as well I think nice for the host school to have success , a fun tournament with excellent hardware , last yr back packs for champs this yr championship Belts , cool stuff , nice swing Sk there but very idiotic if their school board making them leave just before finals , I'm sure if it was a basketball or foitball team they would have been shown more respect , I feel bad for their team and coaches , they had some studs there as well , I know at least one made finals and had to leave Mueller pinned his semis opponent who was actually a very good and physical 220 , I think he has a great shot at making the finals at state .

• Downvote 2

Nowhere was me or anyone else talking smack, downing a kid and his team. And I would talk up a team, but living out of town, it's hard to follow my alma mater, so I choose not to speak up about them or other teams I have been affiliated with through my family. This is a message board and if you don't like my opinion then ignore me, but my opinion was stated as the state tournament is not a given on who wins as a team or not. Kids get upset, teams get hot (St. X last year), and yes there are many variables. I will continue to respect Austin, and every persons opinions. Done speaking to this tarzan character. Now can someone teach me where the ignore button is again, please?

Edit: nevermind, I was able to find the ignore preferences.

• Upvote 1

No :) actually you called out an individual saying he guaranteed a win he did not and since you were called out yourself as an instigator and a liar you chose to once again ----

Waahhhhh waaahhhhhh cry as usual .

Campbell County is a powerhouse team a dynasty winning state then state duals and a runner up your beloved X will hav to either win state or state duals in order to be considered on the same level and even then they will be known for the Lampes while CC is known for having the best team Ky has ever seen the 2012 squad will go down as the team with the greatest studs ever in KY on iit , Yenter Fausz Frank Mathews Hamilton S Myers Turner Sparh Maggard the rest and the one and only greatest of all Time ATM .

Add those titles up baby it will make your head spin now add those AA s up just as if not more impressive , now do like I do and focus on positives not on telling lies and negatives , perhaps one of the reasons ATM is ATM is because He is surrounded by highly motivated obsessive confident knowledgable people one in particular believe and achieve , will the win .

And I happen to enjoy respect and admit other teams and if I had ties to Woodford and Union would be spouting the same positives about them because they have had and do have the wins and studs to back it up .

"I didn't quite understand.  Why did SK have to leave the tournament before the finals?  I agree, that's just disrespectful to hard-working kids and coaches."

SK was forced to leave by their county administrators decision that the pending weather would have been an issue for their safety. It was such an unfair decision with no regard for how hard their coaches and wrestlers work. No basketball game or football game is stopped midway thru an event not even in the driving rain. Such as the Cooper vs SK football game that was played in a monsoon!!!!!! Once again it is an uphill battle to get wrestling the support and respect it deserves and not keep our coaches concerned for their jobs if they ask for some simple common sense! 

I got a state ring at one of those schools you mentioned and no it wasn't st x. I'm not spouting positives because I don't know enough about their season this year as I have in years past. And St X is a great program. No need to down their history and past.

Didn't down them just explained that if you want to be on level with CC for real rather than a flash in the pan it would take a couple years in a row of success as in any sport , I think the Lampes are excellent wrestlers and ambassadors of the sport. They had a great tournament last yr but thats not a Dynasty or even a great couple of years , not really partial to even including private schools in the conversation with all their extra advantages i

Campbell Co is a great team, No doubt! Dynasty, is a mighty strong word. Would you really consider them as a Woodford Co when they have what 22 or so championships? Campbell Co is loaded with great talent, and have put together a great youth and middle school feeder program. They will be great for years, that is very evident. Please wait to label them "dynasty" until they pull it off.

• Upvote 3

OK just to set the record straight

Woodford has 13 titles 5 in the 70's 4 in the 90's and 4 in the 00's

Union has 6 titles 1 in the 70's 2 in the 80's 2 in the 00's and 1 in the 10's

North Hardin has 4 titles 1 in the 60's 2 in the 70's and 1 in the 80's

Campbell has 4 titles 2 in the 90's 1 in the 00's and 1 in the 10's.

Next comes Hopkinsville, Trinity, and St. X with 3 each.

I'm not sure what a dynasty consists of But Campbell, Wooford, Union, and Trinity are perenial favorites every year.  They have down years but are always competitive.

As for the best of all time, that will always be debated.  I'm sure the 90 and 04 teams at Campbell still think they are the greatest.

Tarzan you sound like Mpire.   :blink:

Unfortunately, you are correct. Bumstead, thx for the info on Rochester. I struggle to follow Michigan high school wrestling as they still use the old weight classes. Why they don't conform with the new rules is beyond me. When they travel out of state they must abide by the "new" classes. However, when an out of state team comes to Mi the out of state team is required to follow the old classes. I think it makes it difficult to accurately evaluate. I see the new weight classes as good and bad. The lower weights, especially 103, needed to be adjusted. However, the upper weights have traditionally been the weakest classes. The new structure essentially adds another class to the upper weights (weaker) while taking one away from the lower classes (stronger). 

"the best team Ky has ever seen the 2012 squad will go down as the team with the greatest studs ever in KY on it"..... and you still second place so remember that! you must live in a bubble, do you?

Looking at the time you posted and the post itself

And you still second place ??? Me Tarzan Never second place !!!!2012 I think Sk or union was second lol

Sign in to follow this