Sign in to follow this  
fanofwrestling6

Woodford County Inv . Always one of the years Best

We celebrate Christmas we have fun with our family and after a couple of days rest the wrestling truly begins. Yes I know we've already had the rumble which is a great start , The 5 star classic is always a show but Woodford to me always starts the countdown to the horsepark . Woodford always has teams from multiple states and this year is no exception. The 2 day event (and to me this is an event) starts Friday. The wrestlers get there 2 pounds and from this point on it's about seeding, conference, Big school duals, small school duals, county championships and then regionals before the big show. This year Woodford is bringing in teams from Tenn, Missouri and the always very strong Gordan Lee out of Georgia. The list of teams is still growing and is listed on trackwrestling.com. Hope everyone has a great Christmas !

When does seeding come out? 

I always love and hated wrestling other schools from different states in this tournament. Never know what a kid is good at have to learn on the fly. Always a great tournament though 

I'm not sure when weigh-ins begin but I can tell you that Boone County High School will be arriving at WCHS at approximately 8:15 so I assume weigh-ins will begin around then....perhaps a bit earlier if other schools arrive earlier.

Round 2 Matchups

106- Tucker Hurst v. Mike Klein

138- Cameron Bryant vs. David Tuduri

152- Jon Green vs. Dru Schoer

285- Ahmad Hameidan vs. Matthew Davis

There were a couple very good 1st Round matchups as well.

Supernat.... thanks for letting me know that Dru Schroer and Ahmad Hameidan both came through for Round 2!  They, too, are Boone County kids, largely ignored by the wrestling community and especially by our own Region 6.  Its cool though.  The NKAC is coming up.  Can't wait!!!

Somebody needs to be paying attention to Ahmad for future reference.  He's a sophomore and its only his second year of wrestling but he's going to be a rabid animal in the coming weeks and years.  Take note coaches... he'll be a headache for the heavyweights. 

Quick question and this may be posted somewhere else, anyways is Woodford going to have a live feed of the tournament this year? If so, what is the link for it?

No criteria. Both shared the #1 finish. I believe Woodford graciously sent the trophy home with Jeff City. Great tournament. Semi finals were insane! Finals didn't disappoint either.

My first time to be able to attend, had was able to meet some really good people. Bill, the bus driver from Newport, who shared a love of books. Also my new friend Derek who was also from Newport, thanks for the cookies. My wife took some pictures of my son with some of the other wrestlers after the competition. Thanks to everyone who volunteered, unless you have ever worked at a tournament you don't know how much has to be done. Hope to see you next year.

Very good tournament. 106 had some great matchups. Hurst vs. Burroughs was crazy, Burroughs vs. Hernandez was awesome, and oshenbein vs. Hernandez was a great one. Then at 113 vega vs. Hernandez was a great match, kid from GA was tough! Boston is a master technician, little Carr is pretty slick. The Missouri team had some great wrestlers, very nice kids as well. Courtney looked pretty tough, but all in all great tournament.

Sign in to follow this