Sign in to follow this  
eville dad

Iowa vs Penn State

Penn State is on a roll. They dismantled Ohio State, now Iowa. Retherford is a beast. Add in Mcintosh, Beitz......So much young talent. Ramos broke Gulibon, other than that it was all PSU. I expect to see Lawson improve as the season progresses. According to announcers he played football at Monmouth for two yrs, now wrestling HWT for Cael. The kid is a tremendous talent, just needs some refining. Lofthouse succeeded in not allowing Ruth to lock up the crossface cradle. I remember watching Ruth "come out of nowhere" at Ironman. 2008? We were blown away when he beat #1 seed Lofthouse. Some things haven't changed.

Well, thanks to the gusty storms around Louisville my DirecTV feed was intermittent. I did manage to see Ramos win again with a "junior high" move. Can't blame him because he's devastating with it. He's my favorite wrestler I love to hate--no denying his talent and grit though.

Ashton Kutcher sitting between Gable and Mila Kunis!!?? YGTBSM. Zain Retherford is something special and still not even close to being the best kid on the PSU team. Taylor, Brown, Ruth, McIntosh are murderer's row. I saw Lawson at the OSU dual last year and agree, he's a beast.

Great dual and atmosphere. However, if Ramos doesn't get that cow catcher it would have been pure dominance by Penn State.

Rumor is Ramos' sister is at UoL. Fwiw.

Penn State is on a roll. They dismantled Ohio State, now Iowa. Retherford is a beast. Add in Mcintosh, Beitz......So much young talent. Ramos broke Gulibon, other than that it was all PSU. I expect to see Lawson improve as the season progresses. According to announcers he played football at Monmouth for two yrs, now wrestling HWT for Cael. The kid is a tremendous talent, just needs some refining. Lofthouse succeeded in not allowing Ruth to lock up the crossface cradle. I remember watching Ruth "come out of nowhere" at Ironman. 2008? We were blown away when he beat #1 seed Lofthouse. Some things haven't changed.

I remember wondering who Ruth was when he beat Chris Phillips at Ironman. Anyone know the status of Phillips?

T. Reynolds, a "junior high move", really? I absolutely love this move!! No matter what you call it, (cowboy, cement mixer, a WIN, ext.,)it is very effective. I have seen it work on EVERY level. Not arguing, just saying, it is a very effective equalizer! Just like a headlock, it's only a chump move if YOU get caught in it!!

I remember wondering who Ruth was when he beat Chris Phillips at Ironman. Anyone know the status of Phillips?

That was Ruth's coming out party. The place was stunned. Phillips is done wrestling from what I have heard. Bummer for us fans, hope he is headed in a positive direction.

T. Reynolds, a "junior high move", really? I absolutely love this move!! No matter what you call it, (cowboy, cement mixer, a WIN, ext.,)it is very effective. I have seen it work on EVERY level. Not arguing, just saying, it is a very effective equalizer! Just like a headlock, it's only a chump move if YOU get caught in it!!

He's one of the best in the country with it so I can't argue. Only person he couldn't do it to and finish was Stieber.

Yeah, I just had to get a poke in over the Junior High comment. It's all in good fun. Ramos is pretty nasty with it. Speaking of Stieber, how about this Retherford kid from PSU exploing onto the scene this year? Wow!

Stieber had the flu and wasn't anywhere near 100%. They'll meet again. I'm looking for the bucks to win it all--in 2015. Both Stiebers, BoJo, Thomasello, and others!!

I don't want to take anything away from Retherford, nor let Stieber off the hook. Certainly something is wrong with Stieber. Coach Ryan Confirmed it in his interview with Flo, but was veiled as to the issue. In reading between the lines, it sounds like more of a weight management issue. This could have caused his "illness". Retherford is a man-child. Check his bio. I know one thing. The next time these two wrestle Stieber will not choose down. The figure-4/power half is nasty, he locks it up quick too.

A little late comment here but check out the dual that OSU had with Kent State after the PSU dual and once again Stieber was ridden a whole period. I would say it is the weight cutting and I remember seeing someone mentioning that on another board. The dual with Kent State can be found on Flo, as well as an interview with stieber in which they talk about him being ridden 2 matches in a row by Retherford and the Kent State wrestler.

If he can't hang at 141 Hunter may be the odd man out next year. J Jaggers had a terrible time with weight his second championship season. He figured it out by March and I suspect Logan will too.

Thats a good point there T, I don't see Logan performing very well at 149 though if he were to bump up there due to not having the size like most of the other 49's other than Grajales. I'm sure Logan will figure it out too like you said. Its turning out to be a very interesting year with some of the matches that have already taken place.

Sign in to follow this