Sign in to follow this  
Ranger123

Kentuckywrestling.com HS Rankings 2013/2014 - December 17

Sweeden from male at 195 looked tough. Coming off an injury, beat Saunders at the Derby city. I didn't get to see the finals, but heard he got caught by miller. Still he looked good to me the last two weeks

There's alot of good 195's .. From being at the 5 star Classic, The Woodford County Inv I've noticed alot of parody in the upper weights and even in a few of the lower weights. (excluding Austin Myers of course in the 220's) but in the 170's 182's, 195's The top few are standing out but there are a bunch of guys battling for just the right to get to the state tourney let alone place in it.

I don't think any rankings could be spot on. I've noticed alot more parody in most weight classes this year. The summer programs and youth wrestling has and is paying off. I think that yes the top 2 could be established in most cases but in alot ofweight classes the 18h ranked kid could beat a top 5 kid or a non ranked kid could beat a top 4... Happened at the NKAC. Good job Gabe Platt Conner defeating Johnson from Dixie in the heavyweights.

Ranger, will you be doing your next roll up after regions or will you do one before then? I know that there are going to be some real surprises going into everyone's favorite part of the season!! I know I can't wait! 

derricks soper from bryan station

113        :rolleyes:

derricks soper from bryan station

113        :rolleyes:

Austin Guerrero (182 - Male) is out for the season with a shoulder injury and Jacob Sweeden (195 - Male) is out for the rest of the season with a knee injury.

Jordan Young from JC is a 160 this year and is looking really fast and super strong. Looks like nobody in Region 8 is going to be able to handle his speed and power.

Also Alex Wright from Bourbon is a 145. Also at the Region 8 duals (if you want to call them that as very few teams showed up), Coach Matney had Jude wrestle Zach Thompson of Belfry and Thompson won 4-3 in Ultimate Sudden Death in a barnburner of a match. Jude wrestled a very good match against a stronger and faster 152 pound Thompson and showed why he deserves his top 5 ranking at 145.

What Happened to Dustin Turner?

Turner took third in a tough class , a good showing after a tough layoff , impressive to say the least !!!!!!!hes the Ky stud of the week !!!!!

Well, Ranger it is about that time it seems for your final thoughts on the rankings. I know this will be a big weekend for establishing those final rankings going into the heart of the season. This is where the horses start to pull away from the ponies. There are going to be some exciting matches in KY this weekend and I unfortunately will not get to see any of them. I want to say good luck to all the wrestlers and their parents. This is were all those extra hours spent in the gym, on the mat and long off season road trips start to pay off. Lets remind our wrestlers what the famous Dan Gable said, " the technician wins the 1st period, the fittest wins the 2nd period and the one with the most heart wins the 3rd." The more I set and watch wrestling the more I find that statement to be so true. I will be anxious to see all the outcomes of some tough matches ahead this weekend. God Bless 

• Upvote 1

The Great Gable had it down from what I have seen all those aspects are important but I would add Power in the equation someone with all those things and a Blitzkrieg approach and strength to back it up will end it before their opponent can even come up with a game plan or gauge what to do next other than stall !!!

The Great Gable had it down from what I have seen all those aspects are important but I would add Power in the equation someone with all those things and a Blitzkrieg approach and strength to back it up will end it before their opponent can even come up with a game plan or gauge what to do next other than stall !!!

Tarzan, you are correct in some instances but if you have two seasoned wrestlers with above average skills. You can be strong as a bull which helps for sure but once the blitzkrieg is over and the other wrestler stays poised then the tables can be turned. In 30 years of wrestling I can honestly say strength definitely does not win but MAYBE 30% of the time. Now add the technique to that bull strength then you can turn the tides to your favor for sure but if you do not have the heart to finish then the strength is useless. I would take guys that are all heart, with no quit in them and give you 110% with average to above average skill and I will beat the socks off of any team 95% of the time. Now ATM is a different type of beast! He has proven his strength and the heart to finish it out as well but you know that more than any one. You have been watching him now for say 17 yrs, correct? Hope you guys enjoy CCC this weekend!! Hopefully, a few guys step up to the plate and give Austin a challenge this weekend. I know he would enjoy that. Watched him at VA Beach last year and he was impressive for sure and moves like a 152 on the mat.