Sign in to follow this  
Mpire

Raider Rumble

I'm just curious as to what weight Frankrone  will wrestle and of course on how he does. He beat French in a wrestle off last year at 160 then finished 3rd in a tourney and I never heard of him the rest of the season but then I saw him at the horsepark and he's huge not Austin huge more like JJ Jude huge... the picture on my profile is not frankrone that's my nephew Braden Jones who in his own right is a beast of his own. But other than CC this weekend I have no clue on expectations as far as team results they were really just guesses after CC .

Gettin close a great tourny Last yrs upper weight OW just got nationally ranked in NAIA wrestling his first chance coming in at 11 at 149,and yes i am proud papa LOL .Looking forward to seeing Kowal and where hes at along with Boshier good hard nosed kids i have talked to over the years .

Imho Thirdround ...............I know Courtney is a fantastic wrestler who can flat scramble but I'm saying he loses to Matthews and or with Frankrone still being the wildcard to win and Courtney may even lose another match or 2 bottom line I say he finishes 3rd providing Matthews and Frankrone are at 182. Guess we will find out Saturday. Boston and ATM I agree won't be beat nor will thy be beat all year. But don't think I'm knocking Courtney he's darn good probably a top 5 in a very strong 182 class here in the bluegrass.

Mpire - yes, there is still a Selmon at Princeton.  Was 132 last week but I'm guessing 126 this weekend.

I don;t think Kowal can drop to 160 yet, so he should be at 170.

Bowsier of Kenton Ridge should be at 138.  I would expect Bowsier - Fausz to be one of the best matches of the tournament.  Hope we all get to see it.

Forgot to mention that Glen Este also has a strong, experienced 182 (Kennedy) who could be in the mix.

Just a hunch ,i wouldnt be surprised to see Boston at 126 ,no reason to stay 120 all yr with him going off to college next yr i am betting he wrestles up a bit here and there this yr to get a feel for the bigger kids .

Just a hunch, I think he stays 120 cause he likes that high national ranking. If he goes 126 I'm sure he would drop some. Either way, in Kentucky I don't think it will make much difference in his competition between 120 and 126. And they have Carr at 126, might be better for team for him to stay at 120

I think Boston's competition is raised considerably if he goes 126, mainly due to Blackwell. Boston may win 9 of 10, but Trae is the real deal. Oklahoma doesn't sign middle of the road kids.

• Upvote 1

Trae is not in the Rumble if hes at Iron Man ,and Iowa State doesnt either i would guess!!!

There is no 120 or 220 in college ,kids like Boston and Austin will have to either go up or down to get a feel for it.

Cyclones :)

Either way regardless of a couple at Iron Man and a few top teams missing , The majority of Kys best will be at Ryle this weekend the nations top ranked HS wrestler at 120 ,and the nations top ranked 220lb Jr and 2x nat champ along with a Fargo AA and a handful if state ranked number ones ,everyone competing in one of the best if not the best tournament in the state ,

• Downvote 1

Trevor will be at 220. Lost to Scales from Colerain last night 7-3.

He will weight under 201, his descent plan has him here, at the Rumble so he will be giving up some considerable weight. With that being said he will finish top two. 

I'm probably the only one on this site that thinks Trae would beat Boston. 

Also I can't wait to watch Logan Erdman wrestle this weekend! Its been little over a year and half since I got to see him compete. Heard he looked great last night from some of my Conner peeps.

Also will Johnny Meimen be at 182 Saturday? Him and Matthews would be an EPIC match! Even more so if Frankrone is their as well. 

I CANT WAIT FOR THE RUMBLE!

Scales from Colerain is ranked num 1 in Ohio thats pretty good ,Scales and Austin should meet up at Fairfield old friends and two state num 1s , im sure with all the Austin bashing done on some of the ohio boards he will be training hard for it as will Scales ,Just as im sure he will now consider his match with Trevor a measuring stick ,two Ky friends and sometime partners who should make finals they didnt look friendly in last yrs match at the Rumble they looked like two wrestlers out to win ,it will be a good one again .

Mpire- When is Fairfield? I heard last night that he was also on his descent to 195 and weighed around 210. Not sure when he will be allowed to make 195 but would love to see him compete against Austin. I give Austin the edge in the match up.

Last years match between Trevor and Austin was super intense. I think the ref had to tell both boys to keep it clean after they went out of bounds. I don't know about you, but I love in-your-face wrestling. 

On the email Ruschell (Ryle coach) sent out Kenton ridge was not on there. 18 teams total

If you go to trackwrestling and to the raider rumble event page, kenton ridge is entered

Sign in to follow this