Sign in to follow this  
Mpire

Raider Rumble

Don't know anything about the KY kids, but I can give some info on the OH kids and what weights they have been at.

Sicurella from Glen Este and Selmon from Princeton were both at 132 last week.  Selmon beat Sicurella in a close match at Harrison.  I would guess that at least one of them, probably Selmon, will be at 126 soon.

Branson from Glen Este looks really strong at 113, best I've ever seen him wrestle.

Also look out for Max Davis from Glen Este at 145/152 - was injured last year but is a very solid wrester.

Kowal of Princeton and another Princeton kid (Smith?) both wrestled 170 at Harrison last week and looked very good.  Kowal bumped up against some of the better teams and beat some good kids at 182, so I doubt he has started to cut to 160 yet.  Smith is obviously benefiting from wrestling Kowal at practice, because he appears to be much improved from last year.  Smith looked undersized at 170, so I would guess he drops to 160.

Kenton Ridge brings a very good team too. Preston Bowsier is a state runner up and has been wrestling 138.  Sowards is also tough at 145, and they have quite a few other guys (Armstrong, Cochran brothers) who will likely be high placers.

Can anyone tell me about the format of the tournament?  Pools of 4 and then a bracket?  Also, what time will the finals be and will there be a break before?

I'm going to try and predict the champs;

106- out of state kid, maybe hurst (wc) or wells (cc)

113- Sheffer (uc) or Glen Este kid

120- Boston (wc) hands down

126- Blackwell (uc) or Columbus east kid

132- out of state kid, maybe Heidorf (trin) since Brock will be at Ironman

138- Fausz (cc) hands down

145- Whalen (hclay), but Andreoni (wc), Brown (walt), or Kahl (trin) could win. Real toss up weight class

152- Lampe (stx) hands down

160- Lampe (stx) or out of state kid

170- Turner (cc) or out of state kid (always tough upper weights at raider rumble)

182- real toss up also. I see Matthews (cc) and Courtney (wc) in the finals.

195- out of state kid, Thompson (conn) will compete

220- Myers (cc) hands down

Hwt- out of state kid or Brown (uc)

Have you ever seen Bowsier of Kenton Ridge wrestle?  I know Fausz is the real deal, but Bowsier is tough and this will be a closer match than you realize,

I think we posted at the same time. Yes I saw him wrestle Jordan in the state finals last year and you have to be tough to make it there. I think we will see a great finals in every weight class. But yes he is very tough kid

He is and always has been a tough wrestler ,did you see him at nat last year jcb,your boy was tough as nails there very entertaining .

145- Whalen (hclay), but Andreoni (wc), Brown (walt), or Kahl (trin) could win. Real toss up weight class

160- Lampe (stx)

170- Turner (cc) or out of state kid (always tough upper weights at raider rumble)

Here I'll do mine . Just a few changes from yours but changes none the less

106- out of state kid,  R/up  wells (cc)

126- Blackwell (uc)

132- Heidorf (trin) is great but Columbus East kid for the win here

138- Fausz (cc) is great !!! but I'm going with Bowsier from Princeton for the championship by a slim margin

145- Brown (Walton)

152- Lampe (stx)

160- Lampe (stx) with Logan Jones right on his tail

170- Meiman (Ryle defeats Kowal from  Princeton great match up but watch out for Dustin Turner if he gets to the finals he will win.

182- Matthews (cc) unless Frankrone wrestles here then I'm going with him (Have you seen the kid lol ? ) BEAST/MONSTER

195- Thompson (conn) OR Frankrone if this is the weight class he wrestles he wins but my man Trevor Thompson is a Beast himself

220- Myers (cc)

Hwt- out of state kid to win runner up Brown (uc)  our picks are basically the same here

Here I'll do mine . Just a few changes from yours but this is not easily done this early in the year because gosh knows who will be at what weights

Bowshier doesnt wrestle for Princeton unless he transfered or moved south or something ,

Bowshier is a great tough wrestler not sure i would take him over Fausz ,surprised any  Kentuckian  would ???????

Bowshier doesnt wrestle for Princeton unless he transfered or moved south or something ,

Bowshier is a great tough wrestler not sure i would take him over Fausz ,surprised any  Kentuckian  would ???????

meant Kenton ridge for Bowsier .. was typing too fast and thinking of Kowal against Turner and Meiman or Matthews vs Courtney  wow a lot of great great matches even Belk from 160 from Ryle needs to be mentioned here as he may pull an upset or two ... however everyone's allowed to pick a few upsets right ?  wish I could be there I've got to work. Tell ATM to rip em up as I'm sure he will. Will be one heckuva a tourney though..... Just because I pick someone doesn't mean I'm rooting against them such as Fausz who yes is a beast in his own right or Warwick from Conner (182) or Trevor Thompson (195) love these guys etc etc..... and what weight is Frankrone going to wrestle lol... ? It's like a big secret or something heck he may be in there against Austin but if he's 182 he's the most physically gifted kid that I've ever seen at that weight class. He's built like JJ Jude was only a few inches taller.

Its all good we know your ok ,still surprised by your pick,More power to him if hes 220,the powers that be seem to think atm should go 195 he certed well below that mid eighties i believe ,

Look to the upper left corner of this post and you will get the picture as for built"thats Chakonis whom all the buckeye doubters said would beat down Austin last year, good thing he has his landing gear down " i am betting anyone that was at franklin would say the kid ATM beat in the finals was built as well or better ,just a hunch ,built and appearances do not matter as much as true power  and hips ,I am built waaaay better than ATM :) and he would splatter me it seems the bigger they are the better he gets but if they want him now while hes batered up from Football ,He always sells out at the end of the year in football starts his wrestling season slow and snowballs to the end of the season ,HE pinned through last yr i think and didnt get the ow ,Steph and Shaun got them there ,i think he will consider this his home tourny he likes it and knows this is the best one in NKY i like it as much or more than   any in the area including southern Ohio .

• Downvote 1

Its all good we know your ok ,still surprised by your pick,More power to him if hes 220,the powers that be seem to think atm should go 195 he certed well below that mid eighties i believe ,

Look to the upper left corner of this post and you will get the picture as for built"thats Chakonis whom all the buckeye doubters said would beat down Austin last year, good thing he has his landing gear down " i am betting anyone that was at franklin would say the kid ATM beat in the finals was built as well or better ,just a hunch ,built and appearances do not matter as much as true power  and hips ,I am built waaaay better than ATM :) and he would splatter me it seems the bigger they are the better he gets but if they want him now while hes batered up from Football ,He always sells out at the end of the year in football starts his wrestling season slow and snowballs to the end of the season ,HE pinned through last yr i think and didnt get the ow ,Steph and Shaun got them there ,i think he will consider this his home tourny he likes it and knows this is the best one in NKY i like it as much or more than   any in the area including southern Ohio .

No one compares to Austin and I mean no one ... but look at Mike Frankrones profile pic about Tyler and you'll see what I mean about being a monster size wise . Especially if he's 182 .. I'll post his pic on my profile pic just so everyone knows what I mean but just for a day then my nephews is going there !

I think wells (cc) and hurst will probably be 2/3 seeds so they should meet in the semi's. I don't think wells can beat hurst. They wrestled this summer and it was pretty one sided. It was only a takedown tournament but pretty one sided.

Kenton Ridge kid is solid but Fausz will probably be his toughest competition of the year. Fausz could go to a lot of tough states and compete for a title. Kid is the real deal. Excited for Saturday. And there are very very few big guys who can wrestle with Austin Myers. He's like a 140lber in a mans body. So quick and technical

I can show you a picture of a 275 510 ripped shredded monster and Austin would pin him :) in the first, power and appearance are sometimes different but to a trained eye most would look at Austin and see where his power lies ,thick hips huge legs thick back long arms for snatching retreating legs traps and even an abb or two at times lol just hyping him up ,count those plates thats ten and he can hit twelve and wants 14 before he leaves CC he will get it .

Like to see him at 220 some big boys moving up might add some other aspects to the class different looks different styles different moves ,and you never know as you said but Austin is not the type to rest on his accomplishments or let others con him into resting on them same outcome he goes undefeated in KY this and every year Newbury couldnt do it Bryant was smart enough not to try it and Frankone or Frankenstein isnt about to change whats coming .

• Downvote 1

Here I'll do mine . Just a few changes from yours but changes none the less

106- out of state kid,  R/up  wells (cc)

126- Blackwell (uc)

132- Heidorf (trin) is great but Columbus East kid for the win here

138- Fausz (cc) is great !!! but I'm going with Bowsier from Princeton for the championship by a slim margin

145- Brown (Walton)

152- Lampe (stx)

160- Lampe (stx) with Logan Jones right on his tail

170- Meiman (Ryle defeats Kowal from  Princeton great match up but watch out for Dustin Turner if he gets to the finals he will win.

182- Matthews (cc) unless Frankrone wrestles here then I'm going with him (Have you seen the kid lol ? ) BEAST/MONSTER

195- Thompson (conn) OR Frankrone if this is the weight class he wrestles he wins but my man Trevor Thompson is a Beast himself

220- Myers (cc)

Hwt- out of state kid to win runner up Brown (uc)  our picks are basically the same here

Here I'll do mine . Just a few changes from yours but this is not easily done this early in the year because gosh knows who will be at what weights

I think Miller will definitely beat Thompson.

As you should being a teamate of his or uncle or parent or faculty member or whatever .... but the facts are they wrestled twice last year and Trevor easily pinned him both times never even going into the 3rd period. I like Miller and I did mention him in one of my above posts but when it comes to Thompson... Doesn't look good but we will let Saturday decide that. I wish all the guys good luck and I hope that Miller and Shwachter can do well in this very tough tourney.

160- Lampe (stx) or out of state kid

Young from Lafayette pinned Brown last year in first period.  Young was second in state as a freshman at heavyweight.

Also I don't see Miller beating Thompson either. Has Miller ever beat Thompson in the season? I know he beat him once after state last year, but other than that Trevor has pinned him the last two times they wrestled. At Regional, Trevor was up 14-0 before he pinned in the third. 

Well we are gonna find out come sat ,that is if they dont go a different weight or someone else beats them before they reach each other .

now whos gonna win the team race .

Well we are gonna find out come sat ,that is if they dont go a different weight or someone else beats them before they reach each other .

now whos gonna win the team race .

With Blackwell and Brock at ironman I'm taking CC for all the cash and prizes and Woodford to come in runner up followed by Princeton and Glen Este and Columbus East and Ryle

I would agree if everyone is where they should be but i have no clue ,Woodford lost the Lawsons ,Gained a Carr ,Ryle should start to become a force again they have a young talented team ,Just me i am wondering who wins between Ryle and SK this yr i know sk isnt there just a daydreaming thopught of mine ,also looking forward to seeing this Frankone ,I always heard of Jude and he did not disapoint really he was a specimen but not really the best technical wrestler in the room or in his class in my opinion saw him have a close match with a smaller wrestler at state Canter i think it was ,

Princeton has some talent im sure little Selmon is there and their coach is one of the hardest working in southern Ohio as far as getting his kids matches and work and his assistants are top notch as well all students as well as teachers and great fans of the sport .

Sign in to follow this