Mathound

Currently Wrestling In College

can we get an updated list

Here's a list of Kentucky wrestlers (with year of graduation), who are currently wrestling in the NCAA.  This may not be complete, as several from last season aren't listed on the roster as returning. 

John Lampe - UTC

Caleb Ervin - Illinois

Daniel Urban - Cal. Baptist

Garth Yenter - Michigan State

T.J. Ruschell - Wisconsin

Hardy Hendren - VMI

Wade Willen - SIUE

Jayce Carr - Cleveland State

Gabe French - Indiana

Nathan Boston - Iowa State

Brock Ervin - Illinois

Sean Fausz - NC State

Trae Blackwell - Oklahoma

It would be great to see a complete list of all Kentucky wrestlers who are currently wrestling at the next level so we can follow. Please update

Please update. A lot of big news when it come to recruiting. ASU is making a run and TOSU just had a couple good gets.

Who does everyone in KY root for or watch? BTN has good coverage of duels and some tournaments.

On Tue Feb 17 2015 10:24:44 GMT-0500, oldgrappler said:

Just heard that John Fahy is no longer wrestling for Illinois.  That's too bad - hope he lands somewhere and gets back on the mat.

Fahy wrestles for Southern Illinois-Edwardsville now. 

My son Tyler was on a recruiting trip this weekend in North Carolina, and saw Fahy there at the dual they were having. 

On January 25, 2016 at 0:14 AM, tja said:

It would be nice if we could post video's on this thread... one can dream

Thought about it. Don't know if it is frowned upon or not. I could post a highlight, a nice scramble or TD. 

• Upvote 1

On 2/2/2016 at 2:07 PM, crazyotto said:

Thought about it. Don't know if it is frowned upon or not. I could post a highlight, a nice scramble or TD. 

Only one way to find out lol

4 hours ago, tja said:

Only one way to find out lol

I tried a few days ago. Wanted to post a vid of Retherford laying the wood to Pantaleo. 10MB is max size allowed, so even a short video seems to be out of the question. Maybe a link would do.

I am surprised the college board is so dead. KY has a handful of D1 guys and a ton wrestling in college overall. 

13 hours ago, crazyotto said:

I tried a few days ago. Wanted to post a vid of Retherford laying the wood to Pantaleo. 10MB is max size allowed, so even a short video seems to be out of the question. Maybe a link would do.

I am surprised the college board is so dead. KY has a handful of D1 guys and a ton wrestling in college overall. 

Hey CrazyOtto, I've been working on this for some time... 

You can add a link to a youtube video or flowrestling now at: http://kentuckywrestling.com/videos/add

This would show up on the site at http://kentuckywrestling.com/Videos/

I'm working on being able to upload a video without youtube or upload straight to youtube and add it to the site at the same time

3 hours ago, Mathound said:

Hey CrazyOtto, I've been working on this for some time... 

You can add a link to a youtube video or flowrestling now at: http://kentuckywrestling.com/videos/add

This would show up on the site at http://kentuckywrestling.com/Videos/

I'm working on being able to upload a video without youtube or upload straight to youtube and add it to the site at the same time

Thanks. Will look into it. I've been able to catch a few of the KY guys via B1G Ten network. Generally, I DVR the matches. Fun to play back good scrambles in slo-mo. I send video clips to my son. BTW, the Retherford-Pantaleo match is worth a look. Pantaleo stalled on bottom, and for good reason. Retherford is a witch on top, he made Pantaleo pay for stalling. 

• Upvote 1

ATM with a few different looks today .Gets it done to probably Finish up for the year .Takes 6th losing to the champ 2 to 1 in a tight one comes back rattles off a couple wins and takes a tough loss to end up sixth in his sixth match of the day .Best u can do is 5th if you lose before semis .

Placed in four out of five open tournaments this year  as a rs fresh heavy all opens or in Jr Sr div very proud .

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

5 hours ago, NatureBoy said:

ATM with a few different looks today .Gets it done to probably Finish up for the year .Takes 6th losing to the champ 2 to 1 in a tight one comes back rattles off a couple wins and takes a tough loss to end up sixth in his sixth match of the day .Best u can do is 5th if you lose before semis .

Placed in four out of five open tournaments this year  as a rs fresh heavy all opens or in Jr Sr div very proud .

I saw that he wrestled today. Nice work. Hadn't heard his name in a while and was concerned that he had an injury. Good to see him in action. Did you go? If so, what did you think of the facility?

• Upvote 1

Yes I went ,i felt like I was in a giant blow up ball pen.

Not sure why everyone speculated about him not wrestling in a few weeks he wrestled Nittany open and a few other very respectable tourneys before that ,he has more matches in than a lot of starters do this year ?

I think he may have more matches in than anyone on his team or many others at this point of the year , He has done tournaments not duals and had few breaks as he is a fresh and until this week not had a seed benefit because he had no college wins in the beginning  so he hit top guys before placing rds and in college that keeps you out of top 4 spots in most tourneys even if you win out after 1 loss as he did at mich state .He went in a seven seed this weekend and finished sixth with some good matches in has 29 matches in this year ,  I think almost every opponent a D1  guy.And he is a rs every event is on him no one from his team coaching wise allowed to coach him and he had to travel and pay his own way .I have not seen any rs freshman in his class travel compete or do what he has done .Not sure what people expect but he had out competed and out placed his rivals from last year guys like Chaconis and Dunn have not kept up with him placed In tournaments where he had and lost to guys he had beaten that day over and over yet still remained ranked higher on fantasy stat forums than him .too much fantasy not enough reality lol.looking forward to him adjusting to his Weight class at times the added size seems to help others it seems to hinder gaining 30 or so in a year some good some bad puts a whole new twist on things I suspect this yr and the next few months are big for him a long way to go to be a college A A but he has the ability .

I look forward to seeing it not a lot of guys under 6 foot have ever been hvy AAs in D1 ,He never blinked at taking on the challenge of Hvy .

• Downvote 1