Sign in to follow this  
IWIN

Boston vs Ervin vs Fauz

Lets have some fun. These 3 outstanding young men are definitely 3 of the top 4 that our State has this year, maybe of all time. (Just wouldn't be fair to put ATM in a round robin with these guys!! Lol.) With all 3 of these guys having National honors in the off season and all being close in weight, not to mention future D1 wrestlers, lets just put them in a theoretical round robin. Have fun, but please also have respect. I believe any of the 3 could beat the other on a given day. Lets go!

I'll take ATM.....With that said, pound for pound when you have Boston vs Ervin vs Fausz......Tough call , but truly feel Brock at the top with Nathan a close OT second and Sean third.  Truly the best class ever I can remember.  I have to throw Michael Whalen and Trae Blackwell in there as well along with the Lampe brothers and a monster Landon Young at Hvy , Wyatt Courtney and a few others. Love Tucker Hurst and Jack Fallon from Woodford too.  Angel Vasquez from Lafayette will make some noise this year too.  This will be a year to remember.....Great kids. great coaches and the best fans in the USA.  Kentucky is loaded with young talent....Going to miss John Shirkey who moved up to Lasalle in Ohio....Hope he shreds them up there.

Not leaving Fausz out and he deserves to be in there with these guys but he has not had as many wins against top kids over the years certainly not Like Boston and not Quite like Brock the last couple years , Fausz getting it done in the other styles certainly gets him major props even more than Brock or Boston but still not with their record against top folk style kids ,

Everyone knows he and Brock just like Blackwell and Boston could actually wrestle no need to beat around the bush . If you want the crown step up and take it ,like Stephen did from Cooper two out if two and yes French did from Stephen Once out of twice lol I call it as it is as everyone knows it is but no one wants to say , I say let Fausz and Ervin wrestle and let Boston and Blackwell do the same !!!! Yes I am bored this site gets very boring at times , can't wait for the season to start

No real need to compare or create a match between these great Ky kids all are unique and talented and accomplished history will decide and determine who is who ! Having been around them all a little not so much Brock and Nathan the longest it hurts feelings putting them in an order ,

In a practice room some kids stand out at time my son Stephen :) I have seen hammer the best in the country on certain days when he was hot even those much bigger including years of hammering ATM , point being BOSTON has done the same Its a different comparison not just what happens at matches but what the actual sport is about I saw Nathan take it to a much bigger kid for real one day this last year at a practice who most kids in KY were horrified to even step on a mat with for years , those things are not measured in wins or pecking order I'm sure Brock and Fausz have done the same ,

As for Charisma Nathan stands alone nothing against anyone else but he is different than kids like Austin and Brock he has more playfulness and despite the rigors and demands of wrestling he still seems like a kid out there having fun not just a calculating wrestling killer like Brock or a force of nature like Austin .

IWIN are they ready for ATM JOJO rematch ATM is rusty but I have to take him next time not being fair at all to JoJo who is about half his sise lol Austin has Began his Hulk out phase in his life he has crushed an apple in his hand left the most accomplished lifters in our area scratching their heads obliterated a quarterback with the most blatant late hit / slam I have ever seen right in the middle of the opposing teams sideline and looked at them and made them stay so silent you could hear a pin drop , no not adding to his evil guy state finals rep just playing The game like a headhunting Linebacker , the weak of heart or body should probably forfeit a match with him this or next season , I would , he is the most dedicated Athlete as far as every minute of his life is concerned I have ever seen , he's 24-7 any roads leading to him will read detour ahead Road Blocked , and yes he will wrestle anyone Wrestler coach grizzly Bear saw him Bench 470 for 3 on the free weight bench after practice and pull 545 the same day , he is not a man amongst Boys he is The Man amongst Men , and he is very excited about his contacts with Nebraska , Iowa State , Duke , NC state , If course I would love to see him wearing a Blue Cross on his singlet for. Team in Ky :) as a kid growing up a two sport star and a good wrestler I think he is thinking of the two out west , he and Boston on the same team in College OMG two totally different personalities but two BA Ky Boys for sure . CC gets its first 3x state champ this year , Happy B Day ATM yes he's 18 tommorow , from now on any wise acres have a urging to say about him say it to him , LOL

True story - four guys give me Sh@t a few weeks ago I go off on them I ask Laughingly Austin why did you just stand there and not say anything your brother would have destroyed them , He laughs an says you said you could fight back in the day so I was going to film you getting whooped on my phone and put you on YouTube , like I said he's a Monster !

Yeah he will get whooped himself sooner or later and it will make for some chatter but I see Four and I see college AA and I see a town out in the Northwest he will visit this summer shutting up a lot of people and Proving who is THE BEST ever any sise in Ky ,

Got to admit, I didn't see ATM hanging with JoJo last year, but he blew my mind. I knew he was the shit, but honestly didn't think he'd hang. With no points scored, and him Hulking up, shoooooooo, I'd have to think he might get a takedown. Which if anyone knows, that's a little easier said than done. Dont get me wrong, if I am around when number 2 goes down, I'll be there!! I love Nathan and Austin. They will absolutlely mop the competeition this year. I agree with what you said earlier Mpire. There is really no reason to compare these kids. Honestly, the site was quiet, and I was bored. I know who would win between Nate and Sean, but I'd really like to see Nate and Brock bang it out. Not to cause one or the other a (not real important) State Championship at this point. I feel like a KY State Championship doesn't really carry a lot of weight right now. Hopefully it does soon, but not quite yet. Just to see 2 of the best go at it. Simular to last year with Steph and Kevin. It's good for the sport and the state. I can only imagine if ATM and Boston ended up wrestling for Iowa State. I already told Nathan I was going to have to trade in my Hawkeye stuff! I would love to be able to tune in to a dual and see the both of them!! That would be awesome!!

Being a bigger guy, I'm no expert when it comes to lightweights. Fauz is a sensational wrestler in folkstyle and is even more impressive in freestyle and greco. That being said, Ervin and Boston are among the elite, not just in KY, but in the nation.

What about some big boys? Meyers vs Mueller (SK) vs Young vs T Thompson vs Bryant (who we need to bring back from WKU) :). Ill admit i was reluctant to see Meyers' domination until last season when I actually wrestled kids he did. HUGE DIFFERENCE!!

Best of luck to all this year

Being a bigger guy, I'm no expert when it comes to lightweights. Fauz is a sensational wrestler in folkstyle and is even more impressive in freestyle and greco. That being said, Ervin and Boston are among the elite, not just in KY, but in the nation.

What about some big boys? Meyers vs Mueller (SK) vs Young vs T Thompson vs Bryant (who we need to bring back from WKU)  :). Ill admit i was reluctant to see Meyers' domination until last season when I actually wrestled kids he did. HUGE DIFFERENCE!!

Best of luck to all this year

Great insight Thirdround. How is Luke doing? Hope to see you around this year.

Luke is really liking it.....Whole new world for those guys.....Looks like they officially start practice next week with their Strongman Comp going on this week.....Luke said he was watching Stephen going with that kid who was All American...Kid had a single in the air (way up) and Stephen worked his way out funky style...Luke was amazed.....Stephen should be a 4 timer NAIA ....

Going to be a great year for High School wrestling in KY......College the same......Closer to Go Time !

Austin and Young may wrestle again they had a decent match last yr , young is very big with a lot of untapped skill , Bryant did not wrestle 220 at state both won titles but Austin is Austin fun to dream but he is not getting worse he is getting better stronger faster smarter , the only kids in ky that can wrestle him are in College and not WK

Looking forward to the college season at Lindsey Wilson as well and yes he is one funky dude , like a BBall player who makes those wicked shots but over and over its mat tiime being in those situations hundreds of times - hips and balance help . A tough team there around his weight I hear there are fireworks now and again lol ,

Brock has proved this over the last several years taking care of business. Going for his 5th. The first to ever do it. His confidence is unparalelled in big matches. His finals match against a TJ couple yrs ago proved that. Very close match with Brock finding a way. That lightning fast duck under being the difference in the match. That along with his national accomplishments makes him the best out of the 3.

Fausz always solid. Spent alot of time battling a very tough and older competitor in his own backyard but that along with a great work ethic and hunger has paid big. Its his time. Been to every big tournament imaginable over the years and it paid off in a big way. Wins FILA in canton and then AA's in Fargo. Looking forward to seeing him get his second straight state title this year. Hes set himself up well for a ride somewhere very respectable.

Boston...you've heard his name a lot over the years. I believe his original plan was to attend st paris graham but decided for whatever reason to stay put in indiana where I believe he was a state finalist. Then last year comes back to his home town and wins a tile hear at 113. We've been blessed to have him and there is no doubt he is whats been advertised. Finding himself in the FLO finals 2 years in a row is no easy feat. Congrats to him on his recent signing with iowa state. Looking forward to seeing him wrestle on the big stage.

I would have a hard time saying who would beat who but if i had to rank them, this is the order i would put them in. As well as who i think would come out on top in those respective matches. Without a doubt 3 of the best to ever wrestle for the bluegrass. I will enjoy watching their final year unfold. One things for sure...ky wrestling has made tremendous strides and had earned the respect of the rest of the country.

Brock has proved this over the last several years taking care of business. Going for his 5th. The first to ever do it. His confidence is unparalelled in big matches. His finals match against a TJ couple yrs ago proved that. Very close match with Brock finding a way. That lightning fast duck under being the difference in the match. That along with his national accomplishments makes him the best out of the 3.

Fausz always solid. Spent alot of time battling a very tough and older competitor in his own backyard but that along with a great work ethic and hunger has paid big. Its his time. Been to every big tournament imaginable over the years and it paid off in a big way. Wins FILA in canton and then AA's in Fargo. Looking forward to seeing him get his second straight state title this year. Hes set himself up well for a ride somewhere very respectable.

Boston...you've heard his name a lot over the years. I believe his original plan was to attend st paris graham but decided for whatever reason to stay put in indiana where I believe he was a state finalist. Then last year comes back to his home town and wins a tile hear at 113. We've been blessed to have him and there is no doubt he is whats been advertised. Finding himself in the FLO finals 2 years in a row is no easy feat. Congrats to him on his recent signing with iowa state. Looking forward to seeing him wrestle on the big stage.

I would have a hard time saying who would beat who but if i had to rank them, this is the order i would put them in. As well as who i think would come out on top in those respective matches. Without a doubt 3 of the best to ever wrestle for the bluegrass. I will enjoy watching their final year unfold. One things for sure...ky wrestling has made tremendous strides and had earned the respect of the rest of the country.

Honestly , Brock is amazing and may b the best I the three , But using TJ as a measuring stick is not really the way to go he's us was a good wrestler but no where near the caliber of wrestler that Boston has wrestled over the yrs , my son wrestled TJ three times in his life , a tech . A pin and a 14-1 win that should have been a tech or a pin and both at one point , using Dance or some other top kids would be more realistic Brock has beaten great kids and lost to great ones like Dance who my son also wrestled 3 times losing winning by 1 losing by one then winning by 6 , TJ and Fausz had some great matches that I saw very close but Fausz has no where near the record against top kids that Boston and I doubt there are any kids in kY now who have wrestled as many far and wide with the exception of maybe Brock and Austi ,

As I said earlier all they have to do is step up and wrestle each other let the best wrwstle the beat or is that only what they do with the Transfers ,

As for Austin He Could be 195Hvy this yr depending on what feedback he gets , I would love to see him make 95 get shredded and hammer everyone but I think it may go the other way always funner getting big ,

I would rank them and only because Beock will get 5

Brock , Boston , Fausz , a win against Brock would change it quickly .and it is possible .

Most likely to go unbeaten in Ky this yr no ? ATM

Boston could be challenged by Blackwell and Brock and Fausz could wrestle or any Combo then if course you have I win twice to cement it or everyone will say it wa close if it was it a red cheated or you stalled with a lead :)

Let them wrestle !!!!!!!!

And lb for lb Austin is still top dog lol and has wrestled so many studs over the years it would stun people , losing a lot wrestling on a club team that let him go jr high as a fourth grader , Martin Bo an Zeke Jordon - Michael Johnson - and many more like Robinson Fletcher Newberry ad Chakonis the last two yrs , and to be honest I was glad Bryant bumped but we planned on him being there he did not want to risk graduating as a runner up and everyone knows it .

And I honestly believe ATM would have won state in ky his 8 grade yr and possibly his seventh he was sensational winning jr high ow in Ohio 49 pins on the season and a major at state against a stud , that's BA. Look for it this yr everyone gets pinned

And lb for lb Austin is still top dog lol and has wrestled so many studs over the years it would stun people , losing a lot wrestling on a club team that let him go jr high as a fourth grader , Martin Bo an Zeke Jordon - Michael Johnson - and many more like Robinson Fletcher Newberry ad Chakonis the last two yrs , and to be honest I was glad Bryant bumped but we planned on him being there he did not want to risk graduating as a runner up and everyone knows it .

And I honestly believe ATM would have won state in ky his 8 grade yr and possibly his seventh he was sensational winning jr high ow in Ohio 49 pins on the season and a major at state against a stud , that's BA. Look for it this yr everyone gets pinned

• Downvote 1

Im saying all 3 are great wrestlers. Say what you will about Ruschell but the fact of the matter is it took Ervins best to beat him in the state finals a couple years ago. My point wasnt really to use TJ as a measuring stick as much as making a point that that match he was pushed and had to fight to get that win. I believe it was a 2-1 dec. Mentioned him again in fausz case to say his experience and age kept fausz from the top for a while. I will say this...I dont believe Boston would beat either though I think he is a phenominal talent. Thats not a slight or dis. I dony really have a dog in the fight. Its just my opinion. I would love to see it and not saying by any means that they wouldnt be epic battles or that one of them would dominate. I will say staying so light throughout Bostons career has served him well In that you run into a lot more youth and inexperience at the lower weights. Dont give me his resume. I know what hes done and it is nothing short of outstanding. However I think this the very reason he might fall short of yhe other two mentioned. This thred asked the question that my 2 cents which is what its worth:) I wish all three the best this year.

Im saying all 3 are great wrestlers. Say what you will about Ruschell but the fact of the matter is it took Ervins best to beat him in the state finals a couple years ago. My point wasnt really to use TJ as a measuring stick as much as making a point that that match he was pushed and had to fight to get that win. I believe it was a 2-1 dec. Mentioned him again in fausz case to say his experience and age kept fausz from the top for a while. I will say this...I dont believe Boston would beat either though I think he is a phenominal talent. Thats not a slight or dis. I dony really have a dog in the fight. Its just my opinion. I would love to see it and not saying by any means that they wouldnt be epic battles or that one of them would dominate. I will say staying so light throughout Bostons career has served him well In that you run into a lot more youth and inexperience at the lower weights. Dont give me his resume. I know what hes done and it is nothing short of outstanding. However I think this the very reason he might fall short of yhe other two mentioned. This thred asked the question that my 2 cents which is what its worth:) I wish all three the best this year.