Sign in to follow this  
Ranger123

How many varsity wrestlers (of the starting 14) are on the football team?

How many good wrestlers are playing football?  Tell us how many of the varsity guys on your team playing football right now.  I was just wondering how the football playoffs impact the start of wrestling practice and how well the coaches and teams are working together.  I think I've heard that Sheldon Clark gets a late start to "real" wrestling practice because of football.  On the other hand, I don't know if Campbell County has anyone playing football.

Last year Holmes had no football players on the team.

The football coach does not support the wrestling team, even though the football team has recruted 4-5 wrestlers to the football team in the last 5 years. That is a high percentage when the wrestling team has between 5-9 wresters each year.

Two wrestlers did not wrestle last year after joining the football team. They claimed they had to hit the wt. room for football.

Last Season Campbell county  had zero wrestlers that played football in the starting line up this year we think to recruit about 10 jv kids who clould fill some holes in our line up.

Last year Holmes had no football players on the team.

The football coach does not support the wrestling team, even though the football team has recruted 4-5 wrestlers to the football team in the last 5 years. That is a high percentage when the wrestling team has between 5-9 wresters each year.

Two wrestlers did not wrestle last year after joining the football team. They claimed they had to hit the wt. room for football.

This is the sort of thing I hate to hear.  The football coach sees some good athletic talent (that you have helped to develop), recruits them out to the football team (a good thing), but then discourages wrestling.  I'd like to get about 4 minutes on the mat with a coach like that.  I'm not sure I can go 6 minutes anymore.

Sheldon Clark has all but maybe two or three play football.  Brandon Howard isn't playing this year but I'm pretty sure he did last year.  Matt Slone, B.J Slone, Adam Dials, Ryan Kelly, Justin Chaffins, Steven Marcum and many others all play football.

Larue has:

Joe Embree - starting OLine and DLine

Evan Smith - starting DLine and WReceiver

Jake Shipp - starting Oline and DLine

Pat Banks - starting running back and outside linebacker

Darwin Perez - placekicker (temp suspended but now back)

Bryant Barnhill - backup running back and linebacker

Scott Wheeler - starting noseguard and backup running back

We've started off 4-1 and are in a hunt for the district championship (if we can beat Western). Trouble is, these kids are going to be late to wrestling because of the success of the football team, but that's okay, they'll be ready come state. I would also mention that wrestling has made everyone of these kids better football players, heck, Smith is our starting defensive end, Banks at LB loves to hit people and Wheeler is a hitter as well. Jake Shipp has turned into a good football player simply because he wrestles. LaRue's football success over the last few years can be directly attributed to how many wrestlers are playing (IMHO).

Dee Leavell-DB

Payton Long- FB/LB

Cory Armstrong- K

Linden Harris- DL

Mark Payne- DL

Cody Gaulden- OL/DL

Donnie Thomas- DL

Martez Price-DL

Ernest Simmons- OL

That's just football

Jake Skinner plays soccer along with a few others.

Eastern has:

Ben Rupp-171

Roderick Shoulders-119

Mikal McNealy-145

Dominique Duncan-JV 140

Big Frosty-HWT (yes, thats what we call him)

I don'y know any of their football posiyions though. Wise also played before he graduated last year. Marks at 130 played fresh. and soph. year but had to quit. Downs at 125 also played fresh. and soph. year.

Deon Chaney-Middle linebacker /Fullback and backup kicker

That's a scary thought.  Deon Chaney coming through the line as a blocking back or trying to pound it in on the goal line.

Mccreary central

ROE  O-line-OLB

ESPINOZA  O-line-mlb

Watson  FULLBACK-Olb

Wilson O_LINE

all starters good linebackers

Is it too late to get a game between Fern Creek and McCreary on the schedule?  I want to see Chaney and Watson meet in the hole before they meet on the mat.