Sign in to follow this  
Ranger123

Ranger Preseason Rankings - July 3 2013

Not sure they can overtake the 1 spot without seeing their schedules or match ups ,Brock should be a top 3 to 6 kid, Austin anywhere from 4 to 10 when the graduates are out ,Should either do Iron Man and win they could make a claim doubtful CC does Iron Man but Brock should have a shot if he is there and looking ahead should Austin remain undefeated  his jr season as he has his underclassmen yrs and repeat his wins at national tournaments over the summer he could very easily be the 1 going into his sr yr or possibly before with some Fargo participation  something he is fully capable of and has past experience with but may not happen until after his sr yr with him shooting to play ball as well as wrestle in College something very rarely attempted and even less often accomplished and with many college coaches in both sports frowning on the attempt in all divisions  it will make his college choices slim , 

taller and bigger than me now at almost  6 foot 235 give or take a few at any given time of the day and faster stronger smarter along with it he should be  close to a  legit 220 by seasons end and then he can shoot for the hvy spot he will want in college ,saw him pull nearly 600lbs a couple weeks ago the only thing holding him back is partners and some extra work on the mat .

The only comp for Brock in the state would be Fausz and the only kid I see who could wrestle Austin is Young doubt we see Fausz and Brock wrestle and Austin has and will probably wrestle young again if the opportunity happens ,

Boston and Blackwell could be an interesting match up i saw Blackwell wrestle a great match at nat duals in a see saw battle with an Ill or Ind kid i cant recall  but it was a great one he could have easily gave up on but came back and won .

I am not sure they can overtake those ahead of them should either win at a big tourney such as Iron Man it would be very possible Brock in his sr year is probably only a few out of the top spot with a good shot Austin in his jr yr will probably be between a three and ten kid after graduates are out but with another undefeated regular season and should he copy his nat wins of the last two yrs he could be number one easily after nationals next yr .in the meantime he will have to settle for making Buckeyes upset with CCs Ohio loaded schedule  and trying to top his state performance of  last yr ,and should his team be down by ten as it was when its hopes and dreams landed in his brothers hands last yr he will simply pin his kid twice ,now who was it that didn't shake hands last yr with his brother after a win at state and who enjoyed flashing nasty signs after a close win rather than win humbly LOL ,and who ran from whom and who ran to whom and who forgot those great matches so quickly

a fun season ahead for ATM i will be looking forward to many photo opportunities to post for the good fans on Ky wrestling site with a unique sense of humor to go with an unequaled work ethic Austin has ensured everyone  a fun year ahead ,looking at Virginia Beach and a shot at four not only  at state but at Nationals, one could only dream .

Ranger,  the time is now buddy.  Mcafee has good virus protection.  lol.  

Hey big guy, been waiting to discuss a couple items with you at open mats but haven't seen you.  Had a nice group this week.

By the way, just getting ready to post.

You know I am coaching varsity football.  Will try and get both boys to a few open mats soon.  I have been wanting to discuss a few things also.