Sign in to follow this  
CoachC

ASICS/Vaughan Junior & Cadet National Championships Fargo N.D.

Would all of the wrestlers that are interested in wrestling in Fargo please contact me. I am trying to get the team established so we know how much gear we are going to need to have made.

I will not be answering any responses or questions on open forum! Nor will I be taking team members on open forum!

If you wish to be on the team you will need to contact me personally by phone, text, email, or pm.

Here is a link to the tournament webpage.

http://www.themat.com/events/default.php?page=default&EventID=28399

Remember you are required to have wrestled our state tournament, or Brute scholastic showcase this past weekend!!

Exceptions to this rule will be made on a case by case basis.

Talk to you soon.

Jon Carr

270-952-0215

126dgb@gmail.com

http://tw01.trackwrestling.com/tw/freestyletournaments/PrintTeamDetail.jsp?TIM=1369220272401&twSessionId=mqcgnrzwtonjkpc&teamId=177385009

The above link is a list of wrestlers who are now qualified to wrestle for team Ky in Fargo.

If you are on this list and wish to go to Fargo, you need to make contact with me ASAP. There are only a few that I know for a fact are going, so please let me know. I need a good list for gear and transportation, and I also need to get you your sign up sheet.

The deadline for contacting me to verify yor participation is June 1st!! this is very important!!

If your name is not on the list and you wish to compete you will need to be a regional qualifier at one of the other regional tournaments at the weight, and in the styles you wish to compete in Fargo.

Below are links to upcoming regional tournaments.

http://www.themat.com/events/default.php?page=default&EventID=28393

http://www.themat.com/events/default.php?page=default&EventID=28394

Name Group Weight Class Criteria Scoring Points 1. Yenter, Tanner Cadet 88   No 0.00 2. Erdman, Logan Cadet 126   No 0.00 3. Miles, Dallas Cadet 126   No 0.00 4. Heidorf, Hudson Cadet 132   No 0.00 5. Shirkey, John Cadet 132   No 0.00 6. Oxford, Jackson Cadet 145   No 0.00 7. Lampe, Dominic Cadet 170   No 0.00 8. Morrris, Kane Cadet 195   No 0.00 9. Brown, Raynel Cadet 285   No 0.00 10. Fallon, Jack Junior 106   No 0.00 11. Fausz, Sean Junior 132   No 0.00 12. Korfhage, Max Junior 138   No 0.00 13. Bryant, Cameron Junior 145   No 0.00 14. Carr, Jayce Junior 145   No 0.00 15. Dezember, Robby Junior 145   No 0.00 16. Hombroek, Adrian Junior 145   No 0.00 17. Cooper, Kevin Junior 160   No 0.00 18. Wafzig, Cooper Junior 195   No 0.00

Sorry about the link.

The wrestlers that are eligable and have commited are.

Tanner Yenter

Sean Fausz

Kevin Cooper

Robbie Dezember

Jackson Oxford

Kane Morris

Raynel Brown

Jayce Carr

The more the better. The bigger Team Kentucky gets the more respect we will get nationwide. People are starting to notice our talented guys

Indeed!

Quick point about Fargo, there is a good chance we will have three D1 starters next year (Caleb Ervin, John Fahy, and Garth Yenter). You know what those three all have in common? They all competed at Fargo, a BIG factor college coaches take into consideration when recruiting.

Quick point about Fargo, there is a good chance we will have three D1 starters next year (Caleb Ervin, John Fahy, and Garth Yenter). You know what those three all have in common? They all competed at Fargo, a BIG factor college coaches take into consideration when recruiting.

Hey I'm pushing freestyle and Greco as much as anyone out there (will be coaching the first ever team ky in schoolboy national duals in 2 weeks). But to say just stepping on the mat in fargo was a BIG factor seems a stretch to me. I will agree that being competitive there and having success on that stage carries more weight.

Well it helped that they were competitive there. In terms of showing up, getting wrecked, and walking out (my method) I did earn a lot of respect from college coaches for seeking out tougher competition. Some feel not attending national tournaments like Fargo is trying to hide weaknesses.

Since we are talking freestyle I have to give a huge shout out to Sean Fausz who obliterated a stacked bracket at FILA cadets this weekend that included multiple nationally ranked kids. He out scored his opponents like 84-5 with 7 techs and a 12-4 win over the kid who may have won true second (only match to get out of first period. Sean definitely looks to be primed for a good run at Fargo. Congratulations to our FILA cadet national champion.

Since we are talking freestyle I have to give a huge shout out to Sean Fausz who obliterated a stacked bracket at FILA cadets this weekend that included multiple nationally ranked kids. He out scored his opponents like 84-5 with 7 techs and a 12-4 win over the kid who may have won true second (only match to get out of first period. Sean definitely looks to be primed for a good run at Fargo. Congratulations to our FILA cadet national champion.

Awsome

Starting tonight Wednesday 6/12 - Sunday 6/16 I will be taking additional registration to compete in Fargo. It will be open to the top 4 placers at each weight class at this years KHSAA state tournament.The cost for the trip is $900.00. This price includes Transportation, room and board, entry fee for 1 style, shorts, T-shirt,singlets & a bag. Additional style & gear will be extra.

You can contact me by email, phone, or send me a PM. I will not be taking members on open forum.

Thanks,

Coach Carr

2013 Fargo registration Team Ky.pdf

2013 sample donation letter.doc

KY Team Information 2013.pdf

I will list everyone on the team and all of the coaches tonight. Sorry for the long delay. I haven't been on in a while.

Cadet Team:                                                                                                   Junior Team:

Tanner Yenter 88lbs. Both Styles                                                                  Robbie Dezember 126lbs. Freestyle

Logan Erdman 120lbs. Freestyle                                                                  Sean Fausz 126lbs. Freestyle

Hudson Heidorf 126lbs. Freestyle                                                                Jayce Carr 138lbs. Freestyle

Andrew Ackley 145lbs. Both Styles                                                              Kevin Cooper 145lbs. Freestyle

Jackson Oxford 138lbs. Freestyle

Kane Morris 170lbs. Freestyle

Raynel Brown Hwt. Freestyle

Coaches:

Jay Yenter

Marcus Hoehn

Andy Fausz

Nick Ackley

Jon Carr

I have posted the names and weights of the competitors above. Track wrestling will be doing live updates. There is a direct link to the brackets on the front page of themat.com listed under Cadet and Junior nationals special coverage.

If you are willing to pay for live feed, Flowrestling will be have complete coverage. A word of caution, if this is the only event that you care to watch, it is very hard to cancel your subscription to Flowrestling. I believe the cost is $20.00 monthly or $150.00 annually

Intermat is also doing previews of each style by division.

Too bad more Ky kids didnt show up. Congrats to Cooper. Class act.

I think we are on the verge. I know Fausz has inspired a lot of the next generation of kids up north here to get involved with freestyle and Greco with both his results and his personal interaction. I can't wait for next offseason when he has more time to work with them and now they have a solid base to work with. And the feedback that I received from kentucky's first ever schoolboy dual team was overwhelmingly positive.

Give it a couple years and I see many more kids making the trek to Fargo.