Sign in to follow this  
Cougar05

End of Season Flo Rankings

I guess If you do flow it actually helps , every ranking seems to use some different criteria , Brock is better than 11 period no questions asked , Austin just beat an intermat 13 ?? And I may be bias but there are not 20 kids in the country that can beat Stephen at 152 145 and probably not 160 on any day guaranteed .Had Brock Austin and maybe some others been at flow rather than NHSCA these ranking would be different , as im sure Wins next rankings will Be as they seem to go off of NHSCA NWCA , Ky kids get the shaft it seems but with more and more Wins in major tournaments it should change depending on who's toes you step on , Boston Blackwell Brock And Austin all won national titles last week , and many more became AA of one kind or another .

Heidorf Shirkey Lampe Fausz Cooper and Stephen Sr NHSCA AA :) .

As for nat duals it is tough with a scattered top notch kids and no one could get through without wrestling a couple top quality matches , Team Ky is definatly one of the better TEAMs as for all the reasons other states have for not sending their best ,,,,,, whatever that's their problem and their excuses 3 nat champs on team ky and a fourth missing and some more AA , they can hang with anyone and beat Most ,

I was going to say the same thing Mpire. Flo seems to give preference to their tournament than maybe other national events. Also I think Flo has a bias toward PA, NY and NJ which are all amazing wrestling states but not the end all be all. I thought for sure Kevin and Stephan would be on there as well as Blackwell in HM. I expected Austin to be in the top 10 and no way is there a freshman ranked higher than him in the country. I'm not buying it.

Stephen has never done flow Austin either , didn't know there was a fresh ranked ahead of Austin but I didn't see their rankings , don't care too now lol , I will probably take a peek now :)

Took a peek , who's to say some of the weights are insane Lavalle a four time champ and NHSCA nat sr champ not even top 15 ????? Saw him last week he's better than he is picked saw some they had ranked not even place so you know it either changes quick or rankings are off !!!

I am not sure what to make of the Flo rankings. I love the group (Flo), they have done a lot to promote the sport. However, they are also promoting themselves and it would not surprise me to learn that they give preference to those that attend Flo.

Personally I respect Flo's rankings more then some other rankings. I know the guys who do them and they're very knowledgable and if you have an argument for a kid they're more then willing to listen.

Intermat- Strong NE Ohio bias and Josh Lowe thinks he is god's gift to rankings

Flo- Bias towards flonationals but willing to discuss their rankings

TOM- Very good rankings, probably the best

USAW- They still do high school rankings?

D1CW- Earl puts a lot of effort in his big board, but he doesn't really change it for anything

ATM beats Fletcher Miller Indiana state runner up 50-1 3-2 , and is undefeated at NHSCA nat duals so far , IMHO flo is off the mark obviously showing favoritism for flo guys , same as Lowe an his bias towards us , Austin will be somewhere near the top of all the rankings when its all over doesn't matter Lowe is not an athlete and can keep his N Ohio favs , lol Austin will be at NHSCA every yr so flo will diss him doesn't matter he's legit so is Brock so are many more Ky boys ,

ATM gets a 1-0 win over an Illinois state runner up as well. Now all the trash ..... Talkers up north can eat some crow , great tourny for team KY Cooper and Stephen are hard to replace as we're some of the others Illinois had two stud teams and their a team takes out Indiana ,

Two big weeks of wrestling , NO one can say anything about any kids at NHSCA Flo or Nat duals running , the four Ohio teams had studs here and there but no in state cohesion to make a great team , PA was not as tough as expected .

Flo rankings ??