Sign in to follow this  
Mpire

NHSCA , grade level Nationals , Sr Nationals !!!!!

A lot of Kentucky wrestlers signed up , any insight by anyone on the tournament , talk speculation , who has a chance at snatching an AA or a win ???????

Out of the Seniors it looks like Stephen will go AA......Is that Paul Longshore Hamilton ??????   Love the name change if it is....I see Wade Willen in there as well, always tough and can do very well....Luke Rearic will be there at 113 and his shoulder is all healed up and ready to redeem a little... he hopes....only 23 in his weight....

Lets all hook up down there if we can......I know Brock will be there in Juniors and should rock the house.....My money is on Brock

Also I know Mike Whalen will be there and can do very well along with the Hernandez brothers from Henry Clay....

Should be a nice trip.....a little beach, some seafood and wrestling.....best place to be if you ask me....IM me Mpire if you can and we can hookup down there.

Tough classes saw Rearic PH and Stephen missed WW good

Luck to him and all the srs and wrestlers WW deserves some props , two four timers in Stephens class not to mention everyone else , PH has some

Wrong seeding info not good in this tourny I would think ,hope it gets changed , four SRS from Ky , not going to discuss Injuries it's a no no come tourney time but all the ky kids are gamers ,

I would say Brock has a great shot hope he and Fausz are in finals Fausz has been awfully sharp , ATM is on a mission healthy as a horse but a tougher class than last yr for sure , Like to see a lot of AA come back to Ky last hoorah for some

Srs hope they leave it all on the mat .

Hope ATM makes it two in a row and shuts up the haters .

Quite a few going to FloNationals......I know Boston and Clay are....

Austin should be able to get it again......All of it !     Good to see Sean in there at 126.......Would not a 126 Junior Final of Ervin and Fausz be awesome for this state ?

I saw some kids from St X going and Harrison County........John Shirkey will be there and I expext John will go VERY deep into the Sophomore bracket......Could be a good showing for Kentucky at both Flo and NHSCA !!!!!!!!

Shirkey is very good and has been training hard whenever I have seen him like to see him do well along with everyone else ,I did see more Ohio kids in the tournament last year it seems and with flo where it is more Pa kids would probably opt for it same as the Ohio kids as for the rest of the country I saw a lot of studs from California and the Midwest in the brackets , the timing of the two big tournaments is not only suspect but the reasons for it are well known , NHSCA with its wider brackets and broke down grade levels gives this tournament a different feel and angle for many , with SRs being the original purpose it still seems the highlight of the tournament .

Imagine being a senior wrestling what is quite possibly the last big tournament of your High School career in front of one of the most highly watched tournaments in the country as far as college coaches go and otherwise , pretty intense stuff .

Brock and Fausz could very well meet up in the finals and it would be huge ,

Campbell County is sending eight kids ,Ky could have placers in every grade level with Srs definatly having it harder than the other grade levels with the big numbers and talent in that div .

With so many kids from Ky in this tournament it seems it would be blown up on this forum , guess its after season and everyone is hyped up on the whole team KY thing because of last yes success there but this tournament is much more highly contested although on a bit more of an individual basis , after this week and next I suppose all focus should swing towards Fargo and ending what has been a drought of success for ky there but I have not seen many if any kids in our area even seem slightly interested in going ,

Not changing the subject just commenting on the summer tournaments I don't think it's so much the trip or distance that keeps kids away as much as their is no focus in the summer on Freestyle Greco , a lot if save the Olympics hype but very little lets actually wrestle freestyle Greco or start to at least , at least in our area of NKY ,

A big tournament in a fun location a great deal for all the wrestlers making the trip this week , lets hope for some

Nice weather and some big wins

Two weekends in a row for Team Kentucky to shine......Best of luck to all this week and for Team Kentucky in Indiana next week......I have a feeling Kentucky will be on the map as a powerhouse after this year.....Our kids CAN compete !

Good luck to everyone safe trip and bring back some hardware from where we your headed this week , !!!!!!!! And next

NHSCA , grade level nationals , yes he's on his way and on a collision course with some east coast studs ,very different styles ATM giving up a lot of height and reach to some we will see how he does at 220 again .

Team Ky looking impressive......in the round of 16 that I know of.....Mike Whelan, Sean Fausz, Brock Ervin, Austin Meyers, John Shirkey, Hudson Heirdorf, Chris Beeler...and some more I think.......AWESOME showing today.....Looking more and more like a Fausz-Ervin matchup possibly in 126 Final

Seniors weigh in in a few......and start tomorrow

GO Team KY !!!!!!!

The lower grades are tough but the srs are stacked from top to bottom , everyone has to qualify pretty much for srs while the lower grades you just have to enter , good luck to everyone

What are the qualifications for Srs?  When i was looking at the list over half of the kids did not place at state.

I wish Flo and NHSCA would put their differnces aside so that Senior Nationals could go back to the way it was which was you had to be a state finalist or petition in.

To qualify for Senior Nationals you have to have placed 1st or 2nd at your state tournament some time during your high school career.  I think you can petition to get in if had not placed 1st or 2nd.

Im not sure of exact updates, but Ill do my best. Please correct me if Im wrong. Paul Hamilton lost by pin early. Came back and won another I heard, but cant swear to it. I think Trevor Thompson won 1 lost 2? I know he hurt his elbow, wrapped and swollen. Steffan Myers tech falled Oregon State Champ. Then won another tough one to Colorado wrestler, not sure of his ranking. Austin Myer wrestled twice, both pins, has wrestled less than 1:20 total. Im sorry I don't have more updates, as I am following 4 other Ohio wrestlers as well. More wrastlin tomorrow. I would advise anybody that can make this tourney next year, do it. Two college fairs, one Sat for underclassman, one Sunday for seniors. I personally bumped into 4 different college coaches at four different times. And saw several more. Good wrestling, good opportunities, good location.

Shirkey lost in round of 8. Won his next match and will be in the medal round tomorrow. Hudson Heidorf is in the semis - no worse than 6th. Ervin and Fausz in semis on opposite sides of the bracket. Austin Myers dominating. Stephen looking good. So far 5 all Americans with more possible.

The NHSCA site has updates and yappi has a link to the classes that leads to results ,

This tournament is insane kids who are all good from all over the country matching up with no clue of each others styles or strengths or weaknesses , its unreal , srs in particular who are all studs you have to be a great wrestler just to win one match in srs , and to place in the other grades you have to be top notch ,

One mistake in a match you are controlling and it could be lights out ,

Busy with my own after a long drive without any sleep making it hard to focus but I saw PH in a match make a mistake or two and lose but come back and win later saw Rearic controlling a match ease up for an instant and lose Fausz and Brock are tearing it up Mathews has won and lost Trevor the same guess he is out know saw his arm bandaged pretty heavy tough matches take their toll , will say the bracketing is odd top seeds with more matches seems odd to me but its wafr beginning to end , like to see Shirkys matches I enjoy his style think he has a great future same for willing missed some , hope to see all of em that are left tomorrow ,

As for my own boys never been prouder Stephen hammered a good kid and just missed a few scores early on another hit behind and tied it up and scored late in the third , more heart than anyone knows , still has some things to work on like everyone else PH should have went 140 Stephen 145 but who knows they look comfortable .

ATM two quick pins and a point to make ,

Stronger for sure since state and wrestling better as well great position and actually saw him get a little mad his second match not sure why maybe being out I the gym and wrestling room makes him edgy , he knows this is the real deal nothing but top notch best of the beat comp left for him and everyone else .some oh teams brought huge numbers very impressive as is CC with a large group .

Stephen has a stud from NY first of tomorrow

ATM has a beast from Brandon a Fl 3rd placer .

And a date with a top 20 intermat wrestler . He has done all he can since state to improve and hopefully it pays off , Stephen had some injuries but actually trained through them showing me he still has the desire it takes to be great . Very proud and very proud I our Ohio friends and all the ky fans at NHSCA ,

Not sure about everyone in Ky but the real wrestling fans from ky at NHSCA cheered greatly for ATM and he responded with a very intense showing , I say he gets it done a HUGE match between him and Chekonis a 13th ranked intermat wrestler Is possible in the finals totally different styles and wrestlers , four of the top six Soph wrestlers at 220 in the nation squaring off tomorrow with the eventual winner probably laying claim rightfully to the top spot .

Hope they mix it up and don't run around and make it boring.

• Upvote 1

Team Ky results after day 1 srs , day two fresh Soph Jrs ,

Srs 1 ch 2 co

Jrs 2 ch

Soph 1 ch 1 co

Fresh 1 ch

Srs , still in I assume Stephen in ch Paul Hamilton and either Rearic or Willen in co ,

Jrs Fausz and Ervin in ch

Soph ATM and Shirkey

Fresh I am unsure I know Grazianni is there as a Fresh not sure who else .

Most grade levels are around mid range as far as scoring in the 20s jrs and Soph have great chance of making top 20 as far as team scores fresh I'm unsure with only 1 it may be hard to do well and srs still have two whole days of wrestling left ,

5 alive in ch rd but an impossibility to have two jr champs but a very possible champ runner up scenario .

Grazianni is out in fresh ! Who is the Ky frosh still in ch I am sure it's a lighter weight ??? Don't want to leave anyone out who is battling it out today !!!!!!!