Wildblueeyes

Spatola 3/23

this tournament was ran terribly. it was like there was no method to running the tourney at all. i know i wrestled my first match then 4 hours and 15 minutes later i was just wrestling my second match.

alot of people where griping and complaining about this issue. i will not be attending this tourney next year after what i saw this year.

awful tourney.

I thought it went well a little slow, but it picked up. Last year it was two days, this year one. I thought they did a good job of trying to get smaller brackets and kids done fast. I do believe that next year they will have some changes. Maybe add a mat, possibly a running clock, maybe start kids earlier than High School and Open. Lots of great competition and many kids from all over. It will be your loss to not attend this tournament again as many of the Southern Ohio wrestlers would be high state placers in KY (IE: I saw a kid who did not even qualify for state in ohio beat a 3rd place finisher this year from KY). All summer tournaments have some flaws, but missing this one next year would not being doing yourself a favor in the "offseason," offseason.. Just may take. I enjoyed this one

I've known more than a few wrestlers who failed to qualify for state in Ohio wrestle NCAA DI in college. Charlie Keenan from Steubenville didn't make it this year and is headed to Kent State to wrestle.

• Upvote 1

A lot of quality kids and good matches. The tournament took longer than expected but keep in mind as with any tournament you will have growing pains. This was only Spatolas second year hosting. Improvements need to be made but there were a lot of quality kids there and should only continue to get better each year. The open division was very solid. Mpire, the open division would have been a good challenge for Austin. Hope you all can make it next year.

Spatola is a good guy who is obviously trying to be a part of the sport an will do right by it , he simply focuses on his hair to much but that's no big deal ,

Don't need all the Ohio is better so we must do their stuff angles , honestly a good day at any practice room is better for a kid than a tournament wrestling a few good kids anyway , and I saw so and so beat so an so so who cares .

All summer tourny are ran a bit different no need to down this one

Coach Spatola and Coach Dehart are a class act!! They have given more back to this sport than most would imagine!! To complain about a spring /summer tournament lasting too long or waiting too long to get a match suggest that one could do a better job and if that is the case I challenge you to host an event an prove it!! For the small price that one has to pay to enter and the opportunity for quality matches far outweighs the time invested!! We had several participants at this event last year and this year and they only had positive comments! We will definantly be back next year and appreciate the opportunity to get quality matches during a time when the majority of people do not host such events!! Thank you Coach Spatola and Coach Dehart for your dedicattion to the sport of wrestling and the lives you have positivily influence along the way!!!

Thanks for the good and bad feedback guys.

I agree that there was an issue this year with the method in which it was ran.

We had almost 300 wrestlers competing. Started at 10am and finished by 7pm.

Next year we will surely fix the timing issue. I'm completely dedicated to making this tournament into a well ran regional/national event.

• Upvote 1

You can count on the boys from No-Ox continuing to make the trip. We had three wrestlers with over 20 in their bracket, you don't get that this time of year unless you are at a National Tourney somewhere. The tournament ran a little long at times, but it is wrestling, not a 2 hr. b-ball game. We were forced to stop at Hooters in Louisville to make sure and not miss the NCAA Wrestling finals. A great day all around , thanks and we will continue to support!!!!