Sign in to follow this  
CCFullerHWT

Frankfort Convention center

We'll probably hear more from Julian Tackett at the rules meetings coming up.  I personally think it is a great location and venue.  If we could just figure out a way to get a little more warmup room it would be perfect.  I think I have heard some discussion about EKU (Richmond), but I don't think that would be as nice a setup.

Mayor Jerry Abrahmson and U of L A.D. Tom Jurich said that once the new arena is built in downtown Louisville, They hope to host such events as NCAA volleyball and wrestling national tournaments.  If its going to be nice enough to host NCAA's, it would be kind of cool to have our state tournament there.

Mayor Jerry Abrahmson and U of L A.D. Tom Jurich said that once the new arena is built in downtown Louisville, They hope to host such events as NCAA volleyball and wrestling national tournaments.  If its going to be nice enough to host NCAA's, it would be kind of cool to have our state tournament there.

Cost becomes an issue at a facility like that.  That's another nice thing about Frankfort.  I think it was free for some time.

Another problem that comes up is parking.

Even though parking in Frankfort is sometimes hard to find it is free for the spectators.

At the other facilities parking would cost the spectators.

EKU would not be a good place to host the tournament.  I go there and I can tell you that with the limited parking and the tournament starting on a weekday it would not be pleasant.  The arena is not big enough either to house the crowds we've had the past couple of years.  It might fit about half of that plus its just a basketball court and the area around it is condensed so you could barely get 4 mats down.