grapplehed

WV OPEN MATS MOVED TO SUNDAYS AT Complex in VERONA

Sbfraz - if You are thinking about bringing up Blaine pm me. Spencer and a good group of little guys work out just down the road in Verona at the same time.

Thanks Ranger. Let me see if we can work it out and I'll let you know. He is trying to get ready for Iowa, so some good mat time is necessary.

Directions to Walton-Verona Sports Complex Coming From Cincinnati: • Take I-71 South towards Louisville. • Take first exit on I -71 (Verona Exit #72).  Take a left off the exit.  • Take a left at the first street on the left next to Rice Auto Body Shop.  There is a sign here that reads "Waller Stephenson Mill Park" and "Walton-Verona Sports Complex" Coming From Louisville: • Take Verona Exit #72.  Take a right off the exit.  • Take a left at the first street on the left next to Rice Auto Body Shop. There is a sign here that reads "Waller Stephenson Mill Park" and "Walton-Verona Sports Complex" Coming From Lexington: • Take I-71 South towards Louisville. • Take first exit on I -71 (Verona Exit #72).  Take a left off the exit.  • Take a left at the first street on the left next to Rice Auto Body Shop. There is a sign here that reads "Waller Stephenson Mill Park" and "Walton-Verona Sports Complex"  

Directions to Walton-Verona Sports Complex Coming From Cincinnati: • Take I-71 South towards Louisville. • Take first exit on I -71 (Verona Exit #72).  Take a left off the exit.  • Take a left at the first street on the left next to Rice Auto Body Shop.  There is a sign here that reads "Waller Stephenson Mill Park" and "Walton-Verona Sports Complex" Coming From Louisville: • Take Verona Exit #72.  Take a right off the exit.  • Take a left at the first street on the left next to Rice Auto Body Shop. There is a sign here that reads "Waller Stephenson Mill Park" and "Walton-Verona Sports Complex" Coming From Lexington: • Take I-71 South towards Louisville. • Take first exit on I -71 (Verona Exit #72).  Take a left off the exit.  • Take a left at the first street on the left next to Rice Auto Body Shop. There is a sign here that reads "Waller Stephenson Mill Park" and "Walton-Verona Sports Complex"  

Outstanding room at WV tonight.  Nathan Boston, Tevon Clay, Kevin Cooper, both Lampe's both Jones both Myers, Sean Fausz, Shirkey, 5 kids from Scott , Eli Mathews, Dustin Turner, Clay Brown, Austin Jackson from Dixie a solid kid from Moeller around 195/220. I know I am overlooking a few. About 20 or so elementry/middle school kids. Hope everyone is back next Sunday

Kids at every weight solid kids from top to bottom almost strange seeing that many good kids in one room this time of year,anyone looking for a good go at any weight would have had it today and that's rare , maybe only one real Hvy but some of the 220 were over 220 and could go with any Hvy great seeing everyone back in practice setting , Nice seeing Lane Jones to tell him congrats again such a great an respectful kid , hope he decides to wrestle in college ,

Such a big mix of styles and really good seeing all the CC kids show up hopefully woods as PH can make it next week

Good practice tonight. Some kids looked to just enjoy rolloin and socializin... but hey, they're in there! Get em amped the closer Nationals get. See you guys next week.

Yes a little playfulness but a few solid Gos for everyone maybe something to build on ramp up and peak in a few weeks , some looked a little gassed but some who looked gassed at times were looking for more , hopefully they can go a little longer next time some people traveling awfully far might as well give all they can handle nice facility best open mats I have seen in ky ,

How , nice it would be to keep this up till Fargo with some emphasis on freestyle perhaps Greco later , with coach Barnes having more extensive knowledge of those styles than most coaches , it could be a big plus for Team Ky / Fargo , and could actually add a couple kids to the Team , I think at Least with Greco sometimes that's how some of the better kids get involved they so not even actually know they are a bit more adept at it till they learn a little and give it a shot ,

Impressive seeing Woodford bring some kids up as well as the Lampes making the trip , Moeller wrestler Joe Hensley jr high state champ in Ohio last yr showing up to get work in with everyone and his former teammate Austin M , hard workers in the gym together over the last two summers easily the most focused kids I have seen in the gym duiring our off season sessions , if it can be called off season with all the big tournys over summer. Surprised Chamberle was not there with Cooper ,

Looking at all the camps and open Mat posts , and thinking about the open mats and kids I saw at WV I do not think any will draw as many kids or at least that many top notch kids from ky to any single place , having free open mats to kids who will actually travel and train hard is a great thing , still can't get over the room seemed as if half the state champs in the state were there and many more top placers , it was awesome and someone could make it a very great thing for wrestling in the state , three sets of wrestling bros all top notch great kids from all over NKY and all over the state and even an Ohio stud or two , awesome stuff !! The most inspiring thing I have seen in the sport in the state.