Sign in to follow this  
CoachTuck

Bryan Station this Weekend (3/2)

Open License Application

USA Wrestling is now requiring all University, Senior and Veteran age divisions to purchase an “Open License” membership. The cost is $50.00. The entire $50.00 membership fee goes to the National office of USA Wrestling to off-set insurance costs. The price increase is due to the growing number of insurance claims, paid by USA’s insurer, for major injuries incurred by wrestlers in these age divisions. Note: The states will not receive any income from this new open license membership.

The only way to get kids to these tournaments is to release the brackets and results and let everyone see they can get more than 1 or 2 matches.   Anybody have anything?

Small tournament, smaller brackets.  I'm not sure of the numbers it looked like less than 100.  We had 5 in our group and 2 of them if not 3 of them only had 2 matches.  My son had to wrestle the same kid twice and that kid was 3 years older.  Hope to have better luck in a few hours when we travel to Indiana.

I took four wrestlers to this tourney. One at 126 got five matches. Two that wrestled at combined weights of 132/138 in one bracket got five matches, and one at 160 that got two matches. Not too bad really.

What kills tournaments like this is when there is no local support. Where were the Tates Creek, Dunbar, Lafayette, and Woodford Kids?

What kills tournaments like this is when there is no local support. Where were the Tates Creek, Dunbar, Lafayette, and Woodford Kids?

There were a few Lafayette kids there.  But no doubt, there were more "out of towners" present than there were locals.