Slow ride

team ky

Good luck to all the kids headed out today and for those who wrestled last week as well keep it up two tough weeks of wrestling in a row !!!!

3rd place last yr for team ky a great showing , a very strong team again with both of its undefeated wrestlers from last yr and the ow Brock returning after winning national titles last week , tough Indiana and Illinois teams it should be interesting !!!!!!

Great job today Kentucky Blue and Red....WOW.......KY Blue is 4-0 with a BIG win over PA in first round of GOLD Pool.......You can do it guys !

Kentucky Red is impressive as well with some quality wins.......

I got a feeling KY Blue brings back the Championship !

I love that this event is on track for anyone who can't attend. Looks like Kentucky is doing real well. I didn't see a lot of state champs from other states competiting which Is kind of a let down. I would one day like to see a Kentucky All-stars vs Ohio all-stars square off like they do in basketball.

The competition at Scholastic Duals is often a little odd because there are no seniors allowed, which knocks out a lot of state champs. There is not a lack of competition there.

Great job today Kentucky Blue and Red....WOW.......KY Blue is 4-0 with a BIG win over PA in first round of GOLD Pool.......You can do it guys !

Kentucky Red is impressive as well with some quality wins.......

I got a feeling KY Blue brings back the Championship !

I love that this event is on track for anyone who can't attend. Looks like Kentucky is doing real well. I didn't see a lot of state champs from other states competiting which Is kind of a let down. I would one day like to see a Kentucky All-stars vs Ohio all-stars square off like they do in basketball.

Oh geez, here we go. I love Kentucky wrestling. It's better than people think from the traditional wrestling states. Our best guys can hang with and beat the best from anywhere especially Ervin and Myers. Just look at the recent individual results.

However, if you took the best from Pa or Ohio it wouldn't be close in a dual. All you can do is wrestle the team across the mat so congrats to Ky Blue and Red. Great job.

• Upvote 1

Oh geez, here we go. I love Kentucky wrestling. It's better than people think from the traditional wrestling states. Our best guys can hang with and beat the best from anywhere especially Ervin and Myers. Just look at the recent individual results.

However, if you took the best from Pa or Ohio it wouldn't be close in a dual. All you can do is wrestle the team across the mat so congrats to Ky Blue and Red. Great job.

Oh geez here we go ???????    There are some of the best from PA and Ohio on their teams.....Don't really know how to take that comment......Blackwell, Ervin,Fausz, Courtney , Lampe brothers and Myers, Whalen etc.etc have gone with the best in the nation the past few weeks.....Not only do they compete, THEY BELONG !

MANY All Americans on Team Kentucky Red and Blue !

• Upvote 1

Oh geez here we go ??????? There are some of the best from PA and Ohio on their teams.....Don't really know how to take that comment......Blackwell, Ervin,Fausz, Courtney , Lampe brothers and Courtney, Whalen etc.etc have gone with the best in the nation the past few weeks.....Not only do they compete, THEY BELONG !

Which is why I said they "hang with and beat the best." Let's not get carried away though. Top to bottom in a 14 match dual against the best from Ohio we win 3-4 matches. Doesn't denigrate us it just recognizes the excellence in others.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Just added Myers our National Champ in my last post.......Ervin, Myers,Boston(not at duals) and Blackwell  ....all National Champs not including our Senior class of studs....Shirkey, Heirdorf and on and on.....Team Kentucky is loaded.......PA and Ohio BRING IT !......Just sayin' !!!!!

Ky Blue

Oh team ??

Ind Gold

I'll team

Pa in gold round

Ind beat Ill I believe and team Ky defeats Pa ,

Te KY has the bye in the morn th

Team Ky blue has probably the best team in the tourney Gold Pool round 3 in Illinios outsiders.  They have four state champs, 2 runner ups, and 3 third place finishers on their team and the rest are low placers. 

Great tournament Ky ends up in fourth ,a good run ,Brock becomes a two time OW !!!saw some tough tough matches and some different match ups I'm sure with the + 5 with some going up others down , noticed Logan jones seemed to have aged yrs in just one last yr he looked like a kid now he looks like a College wrestler , Mueller is getting bigger for sure just some things I noticed Hvy got hurt did not wrestle today unions Hvy filled in gave it a go giants studs but inj def out ,good kid , all good kids , the last dual seemed to wear everyone out I guess a long week and two for some had its toll on a lot of kids an coaches ," I like to see everyone intense from beginning to end " not blasting anyone at all a wonderful job by everyone perhaps after the loss to Indy some hearts just were not in it , cannot be this way when the kids have done so well but it's understandable , great job to everyone on both teams a great time a great yr , you meet kids you automatically like , I like them all but Wyatt Courtney and Dominic Lampe are my kind of kids nothing to do with wrestling just kids I feel I could bs with and cheer for tell and coach from the stands like Trevor Thompson and kids on our own team , unimportant meaningless to most just if you notice personality those guys are standup , as are other just these Gus do it with a smile and a laugh , Shaun Fausz as well I notice when I take pics of all the kids Hes only one who looks straight in the camera with a smile , not a ham , just his way something to be said for that , ,

Looooobg two weeks for some if the coaches but but I'm sure they wouldn't trade it for anything , I wouldn't !!!!

Now lets send some boys to Fargo and come back with some AA plaques ,

Cool match Belk and an Ohio kid ultimate Ot Belk rides him out kid throws down from the bottom ,,,,,thick jacked up kid but duhhhhh Belks on top and he likes to throw down too hahahahaha

Funny ref breaks up the fight " Belk did not start it either " and says hey this is supposed to be a friendly exhibition match ... I lost it every and any win or match at nat duals is fierce , gotta love the enthusiasm ,

I've been following along on track wrestling , great job red and blue !

What happened to Caleb Austin, I noticed he wrestled the first day , then Mike Whalen filled in that spot on day 2, hopefully the boys stayed injury free.

National duals are great to watch, neat to see kids from different schools work together.

Lots of good showings from Kentucky kids. Been to the duals the last two years and although we finished 4th this year still a pretty good showing out of 20 teams. I was especially impressed again this year by Trey, Brock and Austin. Everybody had tough matches, tough kids and everybody contributed. Good matches for the red team as well. Hope we keep competing like the last couple years. I have heard comments from the stands the last two years about how good our teams have been and Kentucky wrestling being better than people realized. Good work boys!

Trae had an awesome match with a PA kid got in trouble right away and fought it off and came back picking him apart as he went , very impressed by him and he is a cool kid as well having fun as he does it .Brock Dominated and is on point and at a different level than most well coached well trained well disciplined he's a machine ,what every wrestler and coach should strive for !! !!!!

Every kid on the team gave it their all some did seem to fade or not be 100% some wrestled two weeks in a row with less than a week to prepare others were simply stepping up to this level getting their feet set against this caliber of comp . Good intensity , perhaps a practice with all the kids together as they did last yr at Trinity could have created a bit more and gave coaches a chance to see how things were looking and what to look for as well as let the kids bond and get that dual mentality ,last dual some intensity seemed to go away hated to see some kids getting down and sluggish because a total W was out of reach I think some wins could have been majors or better and a few more points picked up even a couple wins would have been possible I think the mind is a great weapon when it feels defeated the body will follow , just my opinion , a few more points maybe even as many a ten for us and a few less for them makes it a different outcome at least to me and some looking at scores ,

Great tournament Ky ends up in fourth ,a good run ,Brock becomes a two time OW !!!saw some tough tough matches and some different match ups I'm sure with the + 5 with some going up others down , noticed Logan jones seemed to have aged yrs in just one last yr he looked like a kid now he looks like a College wrestler , Mueller is getting bigger for sure just some things I noticed Hvy got hurt did not wrestle today unions Hvy filled in gave it a go giants studs but inj def out ,good kid , all good kids , the last dual seemed to wear everyone out I guess a long week and two for some had its toll on a lot of kids an coaches ," I like to see everyone intense from beginning to end " not blasting anyone at all a wonderful job by everyone perhaps after the loss to Indy some hearts just were not in it , cannot be this way when the kids have done so well but it's understandable , great job to everyone on both teams a great time a great yr , you meet kids you automatically like , I like them all but Wyatt Courtney and Dominic Lampe are my kind of kids nothing to do with wrestling just kids I feel I could bs with and cheer for tell and coach from the stands like Trevor Thompson and kids on our own team , unimportant meaningless to most just if you notice personality those guys are standup , as are other just these Gus do it with a smile and a laugh , Shaun Fausz as well I notice when I take pics of all the kids Hes only one who looks straight in the camera with a smile , not a ham , just his way something to be said for that , ,

Looooobg two weeks for some if the coaches but but I'm sure they wouldn't trade it for anything , I wouldn't !!!!

Now lets send some boys to Fargo and come back with some AA plaques ,

Cool match Belk and an Ohio kid ultimate Ot Belk rides him out kid throws down from the bottom ,,,,,thick jacked up kid but duhhhhh Belks on top and he likes to throw down too hahahahaha

Funny ref breaks up the fight " Belk did not start it either " and says hey this is supposed to be a friendly exhibition match ... I lost it every and any win or match at nat duals is fierce , gotta love the enthusiasm ,

Belk did get a little scrappy that last match.