Sign in to follow this  
three

First Five Timer

Brock Ervin is on track to be Ky's first five timer. Good Luck to the young man !

Are there any other wrestlers on that path ?

Joe Carr Jr. (1-3-1-1-1), Robbie Clarkston (2-1-1-1-1) And Harrison Courtney (8-3-1-1-1-1) were close. The Younger Lawson could've pulled it off but he is heading back to Ohio. Mark Hall is gonna be a 7 time State finalist haha

Harrison Courtney was clearly the result of bad officiating his 8th grade year. Wayne Co just pushed the whole time from an underhook and Harrison was called for stalling. He had beaten the kid like 10-1 earlier in the year. Should have been the first 5-timer.

IMHO if Brock wins the state title this year, along with a lofty national ranking and a D-1 scholarship to a Big 10 school, he has to be considered the best wrestler in the history of Kentucky. No other 5 time champ in the history of our state. 5 state titles - Unprecedented!

Good luck at state, Brock.

Good luck to Brock. No doubt that being a 5 timer is unprecedented! But, what constitutes the best wrestler in Ky history? I can name a couple that would compete for that title. As a matter of fact, I could argue that another senior this year may deserve that title. All in all, I am just happy that this can be a real discussion with merit now.

Good luck to Brock. No doubt that being a 5 timer is unprecedented! But, what constitutes the best wrestler in Ky history? I can name a couple that would compete for that title. As a matter of fact, I could argue that another senior this year may deserve that title. All in all, I am just happy that this can be a real discussion with merit now.

My friend at the Ironman said Brock got a raw deal in the finals against Valencia. He could have easily been an Ironman champ this year too.

My friend at the Ironman said Brock got a raw deal in the finals against Valencia. He could have easily been an Ironman champ this year too.

I hate that he got a raw deal. An Ironman Champion from KY would have been awesome. Please don't misread my post. I am truly a Kentucky wrestling fan. Anyone who does well and represents our state with honor, I respect. My argument was, what constitutes the best KY wrestler ever? If 5 titles defines it, great, if not, I would put another senior above him. It's just my opinion.

IMHO if Brock wins the state title this year, along with a lofty national ranking and a D-1 scholarship to a Big 10 school, he has to be considered the best wrestler in the history of Kentucky. No other 5 time champ in the history of our state. 5 state titles - Unprecedented!

Good luck at state, Brock.

Agreed

In person, I thought Brock was the aggressor. Valencia did take a number of shots, not stalling, but Brock definitely controlled the tempo. I was impressed with Brock's motor. I would like to think that if they wrestled again Brock would win. After reading the "raw deal" post I went to the video to see what I missed. Indeed, Valencia seemed to have grabbed Brock's headgear to secure the winning td. 

http://www.flowrestling.org/coverage/251022-Walsh-Ironman/video/726616-132-f-Zahid-Valencia-SJB-vs-Brock-Ervin-UNCO#.UyaGdPldWSp

• Upvote 1