Sign in to follow this  
purpleandgold

Who are the legit contenders for the next 3-4 years?

I'm familiar with Region 6 and know that the cupboard is stocked for a few programs for the next 2-3 years. SK (Owens, Mueller, etc), Ryle (Belk, Meiman, etc.), WV (Brown, both Roths), Conner (Wiley, Kaernin), and Campbell (Fausz, Myers, Matthews, Spahr, Maggard and a ton of stud 8th graders). What about the rest of the state? Who are some other powers for the next few years? Union and Woodford come to mind from what I saw at the tournament. Who else are legit powers in the making? Who are the younger wrestlers from which programs to look out for that can make their teams a legit title contender?

Young had an easy draw. There wasn't any competition on his side. He doesn't seem to know much or how to use his body. I watched parts of his semi match and was not impressed. That Meade kid was not that tough and he seemed to struggle with him. I'll be honest i did not catch the end of the match but i have wrestled the same kid and had no problem. The HWT class has not been strong since 2011 and even then it wasn't great. He maybe a contender just because he is big. If Sinclair had stuck with wrestling his freshman and sophomore year he would have been in the finals, not young.

Wow! The kid is a 2nd year wrestler. Agreed, he has some technique to learn, but damn, you completely just discredited what he accomplished. Classy. He'll be a multi time state champ.

I'm familiar with Region 6 and know that the cupboard is stocked for a few programs for the next 2-3 years. SK (Owens, Mueller, etc), Ryle (Belk, Meiman, etc.), WV (Brown, both Roths), Conner (Wiley, Kaernin), and Campbell (Fausz, Myers, Matthews, Spahr, Maggard and a ton of stud 8th graders). What about the rest of the state? Who are some other powers for the next few years? Union and Woodford come to mind from what I saw at the tournament. Who else are legit powers in the making? Who are the younger wrestlers from which programs to look out for that can make their teams a legit title contender?

Here are a few more names of some kids that I think will do well in the next few years.

Ryle (both erdmans), Walton (Meyers), Campbell (wells,yenter,Moore), cooper (Hamilton,bailey). The talent keeps getting better each year.

X:

justin lampe
dominic lampe
nathen haddad
aj binder

Moore:
bobby poynter
jason hall
mikey smith

Trinity:

kahl

X:

justin lampe
dominic lampe
nathen haddad
aj binder

Moore:
bobby poynter
jason hall
mikey smith

Trinity:

ian kahl

Union: Bryce Sheffer, Chance Oxford, Saul Ervin, Rylan Ervin, Jackson Oxford, Avery Buckman

Caldwell: Dylan Gray

John Hardin: Trent Johnson

Don't forget Gavin Brown from UHA a couple years down the line. Still 3 years away from being eligible for high school wrestling

Max Andreoni - Woodford County. Won middle school state at 140 and placed 7th at 138 as an 8th grader. Great two weekends of wrestling.

ST.X  has many returners in the room and some possible champs should be strong next year.Algeier brothers/ Frankrone,Binder,Lampe brothers and some others i am sure i am forgetting.

ST.X  has many returners in the room and some possible champs should be strong next year.Algeier brothers/ Frankrone,Binder,Lampe brothers and some others i am sure i am forgetting.

I am sure they will be favorites going in and should be.

They have a couple studs coming up from River City that will also score them some points.

It will be a different challenge for their coaches to keep them from being over confident.

I will harp on a little more about NKY over the next few years- I'm speaking only about Freshman and younger

CC- Sparh, Krebs, Wells, Yenter, and Moore come to mind. Will be interesting to see how Yenter, Krebs, Wells, and Moore all battle it out for two spots next year along with Maggard down there.

Ryle- L. Erdman, J. Mieman, Osbourn- Horton is too young to be mentioned here I think. I'm completely blanking on a name now but the young man who lost to Smith at districts will be a name we talk about over the next three years.

Conner- Wiley, Kearns, Badida - Kearns is an 8th grade with tons of potential.

Walton- Smith, Roth, Huber, Peace- Roth will be a career 106 pounder so he will make noise by the time he is Soph.

Dixie- Cornett- Stude

SK- Mueller, C. Cooper- Both Freshman with a very good skill set.

Boone- ??

Cooper- Bailey

There is a kid named Daulton Mayer is a 5th grader who wrestled middle school and did well. He has been wrestling for 3 years now and has one youth state twice now. he will be a freshman in 4 years and I think as long as his dad doesnt burn him out he could be a contender. He has potential and is wrestling with some Graham kids every week. he has a passion for it and i cant wait to see the next generation of CC wrestlers. It will be awesome.

Freshman:

Ryle: Logan Erdman

Lafayette: Vasquez, Young--Both placed this year, I know Young in finals and pretty sure of vasquez too

St. X: Binder placed, Francrone (behind French this year-even took his spot briefly) Miles coming up next year

Trinity: Duncan placed 8th grade and this year, Heidorf placed this year, Barton came close

Union: Someone mentioned Jackson Oxford--what happened to him this year? Behind someone or injured? He's gonna be a stud! Sheffer obviously

Larue: Dillon West placed this year

There are many more, just the ones I remember watching this weekend.

Oxford was behind Jayce, Wurth, and Gahfer. Fell in a bad weight class. Also had surgery early in the season on a previous collar bone injury. Will be back within the next week or two and most likely varsity next year. I wonder what young guys Christian county or fort Campbell have coming in. Campbell county has some studs in the lower weights bunched up. See how everyone grows over the next few months.

I think Ryle will have a few in the next 2 to 4 years. B. Osborne, G. Farwick,  L. Erdman, J. Erdman, J. Belk, R. Woolfe, J. Meiman, J. Dorn. F. Golden.  Ryle has no seniors next year.  The young guns will come out blazen.  Looks like the Middle School State Championship team from 2010.  We have a couple of middle schoolers coming up and trying to get David Rich back out of retirement. 

Johnson Central has a few young kids coming up. Geordon Blanton, Aaron King, Garet McCloud, Sam Griffith, Blake Gamble, Joe Slone, Aaron Butcher, and Gunner Slone if he wrestles are a few.

I saw a couple of very skilled wrestlers at the youth tournament on Sunday.  I don't remember all of the names but one stuck out to me.  Gabe Adams from Union Co. is going to be a great wrestler.  I don't know how old he is but watch out for him.