Sign in to follow this  
Keepyourheadup

Jones brothers

How bout them jones boys for Walton Verona!! Lane upsets the #1 170 on his way to bringing WV their first state champ!!!! Logan gets a bad call in the first round and gets DQ and wrestles his way back to rake 3rd!! Now that's an ironman!!!!

What an amazing tourney for both of them. Seeing Logan fiilled with tears because he was so happy for his brother despite his own troubles and battles in the tourney is what its all about. They define the word "brothers". I have no doubt either one of them would pick the other to win state if they knew only one of them could be the champ.

I honestly said that Logan should have been the 1st person to ever receive the MOW for a 3rd place finish. He is a True champion in my book. Outstanding job young man!!!!

I'm so proud of both the boys, they couldn't come from a better family. I was fortunent enough to coach them some 6 years ago and they are a fun set of brothers. I remember them over at the Wiley's before a tournament one night and Lane was out of control! We couldn't wait til Greg came and got them lol Those boys left me a lot of memories in the short time I coached them, but everytime I saw them they came up to me and still called me "coach". That means an awful lot for a kid to say that 5 years later.

One of my best memories with Lane was at middle school state I think his 7th grade year. Coach Mike and I were in Lane's corner in the quarter finals with Lane being down 2 with 15 seconds left against Union County. Lane had rode the kid the entire third period and we still hadn't got a turn yet. Blood time occured and I told Lane to kick the kid and try to toss him to his back. Lane looked at me and said, "No i'll turn him, watch"... Sure as shit with about 8 seconds to go Lane hits a standing Gramby tilt to win the match. I think I got warned by the ref for celebrating too much. It was awesome, I had some great memories with him that year. (I think he finished 4th)

On a side note, I predicted that Lane would beat Canter long before I saw the brackets. Right before his match with Meiman, at regionals, Lane told me that if he gets Canter again he will beat him by 4 or 5. I learned over the years, what ever Lane says he pretty much does, so I took his word for it and he didn't dissappoint. While he didn't win by 4 or 5 he still won. If you read this all of us with the Cougar Middle School team say Great Job!

Boy the Jones brothers really know when to turn it on... Great performance by both, and I know the younger one will get his title next year... But at least he showed what a true champ can do by battling back... Proud of you boys

They are two of the hardest working most coachable kids I ever had the honor to work with. Lane earned his title with blood, sweat, tears, and a LOT of sacrifice! Couldnt be happier for the whole family.

What an amazing tourney for both of them. Seeing Logan fiilled with tears because he was so happy for his brother despite his own troubles and battles in the tourney is what its all about. They define the word "brothers". I have no doubt either one of them would pick the other to win state if they knew only one of them could be the champ.

Perfect post , congrats to Lane so glad he could win his sr yr , great kid and wrestler , did t see the slam or DQ hated to hear it but a true champion comes back as he did congrats to the Jones brothers and their family .