Sign in to follow this  
hasbeen

Ken Simmons to Dixie

Head Coach Ken Simmons is now at Dixie! This is great for there program and i hope he has success with Dixie...

History:

Was at Centerville in Ohio for over twenty years, had a couple State Champs and some amazing teams in the 70's and early 90's. Cincinnati Wrestling Coach of the Year 1993. Helped start Ryle's program, was with scott in 98-2000,went to holy cross, was at Conner for two years, then went to Purcell Marion, Oh and now at Dixie. A brilliant stand up coach who with the right talent and wrestlers can make some quality wrestlers out of them... Example Keith Lageman: Was 10-20 his freshman year, Simmons came that off season next year 25-9 and then next year 38-4; 4th in the state. Keith was an animal on his feet and Conner was a take down team there junior and senior year. I wrestled under him and he can work wonders. I'm excited to see hiim back in northern kentucky coaching. Tons of knowledge, inducted into Ohio Wrestling Coaches Hall of Fame in the 90's,but wont talk about or brag, hes a get the business done and get off the mat kinda coach.. Good pick up for Dixie...Hopefully now dixie can get some wrestlers out there that he can work with...Good luck Coach

Unfortunetly Dixie's team has gone down in the past few years, but if Coach Simmons can revive it then the best of lucky to him. :-)

Ya good luck...

what can i say they are a lucky team to have his expertice he came to the wrestling camp @ CC and he taught me a great deal of good moves and i have been practicing them since. Well best of luck to Coach Simmons as he progresses farther in to his amazing career