Sign in to follow this  
Mpire

Best matches at State Duals

I think they have just as much advantage in wrestling if not more , it's the same good kids from larger areas coming to play sports on a team full of other good kids and wrestling good kids is more of a factor in getting better than say playing football with better kids , it's easily more of an advantage in wrestling , anyone who goes to a good open mat room would agree very quickly . it's not a bad thing if your a parent to want the best for your kid at all , but it's a school question , its a huge advantage ,

I think they have just as much advantage in wrestling if not more , it's the same good kids from larger areas coming to play sports on a team full of other good kids and wrestling good kids is more of a factor in getting better than say playing football with better kids , it's easily more of an advantage in wrestling , anyone who goes to a good open mat room would agree very quickly . it's not a bad thing if your a parent to want the best for your kid at all , but it's a school question , its a huge advantage ,

Yea I guess your right. Good point

I asked julian tacket a while back about an all star match and his reply was there can be no varsity wrestling that occurs after the state tourney. Not sure if that can be changed but a senior all star matchup would be excellent. Also if it could include us vs other states...that would be cool too.

Lets have a little fun and make an allstar dual.North and east verses south and west Oldham county goes south,franklin and lexington north and east.So build teams and great matches by bumping weights .We should really do this I bet it would be a great event and a good way to prepare for nationals.

Top 2 teams at state duals big school.... Nky dominance...

Lets have a little fun and make an allstar dual.North and east verses south and west Oldham county goes south,franklin and lexington north and east.So build teams and great matches by bumping weights .We should really do this I bet it would be a great event and a good way to prepare for nationals.

I had enough fun for one yr today , I don't know about anyone else but SK looked better than anyone expected , pretty impressive both reg 6 teams in finals , I will take NE big schools by a landslide , and small schools I would probably give SW the edge but who knows NE has some small school studs as well , Jones Bros and some others , great matches today missed most of them you can't soak everything up when your focused on your own kids and their team , the middle weight classes in Ky are loaded with talent and so are the rest , saw some weird reffing but ,

Not my kids team so everyone else can comment , I though Mathews had five on Chamberle in the third , but he didn't keep it so it was left up to the ref , either way .

You can't take out the champ if you can't take out the Runner Up , words of wisdom from PH ,SAM ,ATM and SF , as we are chowing on some victory grub ,CC state champs 2012 , state dual champs 2013 ,Great job Coaches and wrestlers ,

Some good matches at State Duals today

Cooper vs D Lampe

Cooper vs S Myers

French vs Coutney

Chamblee vs Pledgure (spelling?)

Chamblee vs Mathews

L Jones vs T Clay

Anyone else see any good matchups. Like Mpire said, hard to see all of the good match upswith 2 gyms, 8 mats and trying to watch your own kids/team

Congratulations Union Co and Campbell Co on State Duals Champions

Some good matches at State Duals today

Cooper vs D Lampe

Cooper vs S Myers

French vs Coutney

Chamblee vs Pledgure (spelling?)

Chamblee vs Mathews

L Jones vs T Clay

Anyone else see any good matchups. Like Mpire said, hard to see all of the good match upswith 2 gyms, 8 mats and trying to watch your own kids/team

Congratulations Union Co and Campbell Co on State Duals Champions

What was the Cooper - myers score? Cooper- lampe score

I think , Cooper beat Lampe twice in about as many weeks , and I think Myers and Coopers match was closer score wise this time

But not actually closer as far as the match is actually concerned , two takedowns this match and two in the first match with the second one coming off of a desperation move from

cooper , Lampe is good with some height and sise advantage on most kids he wrestles same as some others I have seen , but he is not as good a wrestler as Cooper , and or definatly not Myers , and has not wrestled or beaten the caliber of kids that either has in any yr of their HS career ,

Surprised at some of the actions of some

Kids at Duals , if a High School kid thinks he can punk out wrestlers who are deserving of being at tournaments of that level ,then they are obviously outclassed not only physically but morally and asking to stay in the lower tier where they are at that is forcing their desperation ,

Not impressed by some of the more talked about wrestlers ,Being tough on the Matt and acting like a wannabe thug are two different things , I rather admire the kid who walks around laughing and talking wrestling to everyone then Beats everyone with skill amd determination over those who walk around mean mugging everyone and trying to get an advantage they will

Never have , the reverse psychology of it all is awesome , and I wouldnt be trying to throw no punches at ATM because next Time the pin the ref didn't give the dirty half harted punch you threw and the ignorant comments you make as your shaking his hand after he dismantles you might be the embarrassing match that makes you the laughing stock of wrestling next time , congrats though you survived a match , but be sure and watch the video you were stuck in a vision quest double chicken wing ... ouch Most refs wouldn't ignore crap like that , strange if some kids acted as others it would be talked about endlessly but some are held to different standards .

As for best matches Finals of large school had the match everyone wanted to see "again"

After the dual to see who made finals had the other match everyone wanted to see ,or at least most in Louisville wanted an opportunity at again .

Results speak louder than opinions

My opinions of course :)

As for talent WOW little Lawson is tough , he gets his own monicker , he's the LAW hahahahah and he handed down some justice on some

Of the more talked about lightweights .

Glad I got to meet Tevon Clay , classy well spoken young man deserving of his accolades , and I haven't seen him wrestle a single match , he just strikes me as a very good person best of luck to him ,

Some great coaches and personalities in Ky as well as some great people ,

Woodford is loaded with Charismatic knowledgable people , when your surrounded by Woodford kids though it's like your in i some

Kind of Horror movie all the blonde kind of freaks you out , at least I didn't have any moms

From

There cussing me out at this tourny :)

Two big ones left then half the Mpire moves on , soon to be replaced by one closest to the one leaving ,

Glad to see that SK and CC have not let all High school sports become overtaken by private school powerhouses that do not play by The same rules as everyone else , as us the case in other states who claim superiority over KY

And yes if you want my Opinion SAM is top dog, and if you want facts , SAM is Top dog , under more pressure and more to lose and little to gain ,

He gave you all what you wanted .

• Downvote 1

Little lawson is tough as nails! Him and binder had a great match lawson scored as time expired to win it. Cant wait to see how trevor does at state, I know he will shock alot of people. Vega looks tough as well, wanted to see vega and lawson wrestle. Cooper looked tough against lampe, but wow lampe is a Phenominal sophmore. 152 looks to be between lampe and cooper, being possibly the greatest match at state

There will be a lot of great matches at state , not sure a match everyone has seen twice will

Be the best , but it should be good ,182 will have good ones and some other classes will have wrestlers who have been dominating possibly meet up, ,

There will be fireworks in the lightweights it seems all mixed up with anyone's to take , 170 seems tough with Canter and Jones being favorites , Turner and some

Others being in there , and Meiman staying there with a shot to shock some people and live up to the expectations of his fans , wouldn't surprise me if he did , it's there for whoever wants it .

140 , Jayce being the Favorite Hamilton being the bridesmaid favorite again. Who knows what could happen .

195 , I'm kind of lost here getting focused on other classes but I saw some powerhouses lurking around At state duals , with skill as well as muscle to

Back it up , should be good .

220 , I'll take ATM especially if Bryant goes Heavy a lot of big 220 s but no threats or even comparisons to the top two , Bryant looked impressive at Duals to say the least ,

Hvy a lot of big boys just like at 220 but an obvious favorite is there in Bryant If he goes there .

Just a personal observation at duals , i saw that some coaches simply got up he ever they wanted walked to the corner of the mat and or approached refs as they pleased, I was stunned never seen this before in other states ,

And as will become apparent and already should be , Teams that have lost their umph as a team

Threat usually turn to their stud or studs and promote them in order to promote themselves through them to keep in the spotlight , just my own personal observation over the years ,

No real disrespect but one of the worse teams in Cincy and Ohio has gotten way more talk and props than other much more deserving teams because it had one stud and a good promotions dept :) sorry LaSalle you didn't pass the 5 yr test and never lived up to the hype ,

When you talk the talk and walk the walk its a great thing , the talk is usually just motivation and psyche out attempts on the comp , but when it's legit it's beautiful. Everyone wants to take out the champ or the ones being talked about its a lot more pressure than people think always easier being the hunter than the hunted but when your on top and you stay on top even under the gun it' says volumes about just how good you are ,

Childish and a bit classless people insinuating Union could beat CC unless it is Union people themselves believing in their team all

Others are suspect as simple haters ,

Everyone will see at state who has the best team if they haven't seen enough , both are great and CC being bigger has advantage , thus the Big school small school seperation for duals , I heard they had big school

Small

School champs at state so what is the real

Difference anyway , I think they should dual the champs , I don't think it's right but KY mentality demands showdowns and there

Is obvious a scheming and attempts at one upsmanship at every turn , funny thing is CC and Union are both classy programs that seem to avoid all the bs games , myself not included as I am a big Bser with to much time on my hands and an obsession with my kids their sport and winning everything .

I like the heck out of all the union people I have met . Pretty much goes for everyone , minus that Woodford mom

Who cussed me out and I understand that , a coupe of kids taking cheap shots at ATM now and again and a punk who ran into the best wrestler in the state yesterday on purpose but kept a walkin .

Yep it's go time I guess if you can't beat em well all you can do is lose to em.

Little lawson is tough as nails! Him and binder had a great match lawson scored as time expired to win it. Cant wait to see how trevor does at state, I know he will shock alot of people. Vega looks tough as well, wanted to see vega and lawson wrestle. Cooper looked tough against lampe, but wow lampe is a Phenominal sophmore. 152 looks to be between lampe and cooper, being possibly the greatest match at state

Don't assume they will meet.  If KY seeded the state tourney they might be 2 & 3 seeds and meet in the semis.  However, it is not unthinkable in KY that Stephen, Lampe and Cooper could all be on the same side of the bracket.  We've seen this before...many times...but stop talking about how other states successfully seed their state tournaments to assure better matches late in the tournament, in particular the semis and the finals.  But to mention that on this forum always gets a strong response.

Don't assume they will meet.  If KY seeded the state tourney they might be 2 & 3 seeds and meet in the semis.  However, it is not unthinkable in KY that Stephen, Lampe and Cooper could all be on the same side of the bracket.  We've seen this before...many times...but stop talking about how other states successfully seed their state tournaments to assure better matches late in the tournament, in particular the semis and the finals.  But to mention that on this forum always gets a strong response.

it is unthinkable that cooper and stephen could be on the same side.  unless one of them had a big upset, no 1 & 2 from the same region can be on the same side of the bracket at state.

I heard someone yell at a ref for calling a wrestler for stalling as soon as the ref called it the kid scored and the person said yeah ref stalling stalling how is that , he then said In a mimicking voice "Stalling .... for TWO "hahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahah was A bit of stalling maybe not enough to call but it was funny as heck