Sign in to follow this  
7UP

STATE PREDICTIONS

Not sure but I think a lot of classes will be very competitive. I think the 70lb class has a number of kids that could shock some kids and get in the podium. I think you could configure the final results 50 times may not get it right. Very tough class with a lot of very good kids in it. I was surprised FrIetsch(sp) beat Holub. Blue beat a kid 5-2 from Wahama that pinned Frietsch. But that just shows in this weigh class anyone can beat anyone. it should be very fun to watch.

75 I think comes down to Yenter and Tucker

80 Roth and Sawyer are very good

92 Slone, Moore, Ervin, and Carpenter are great kids

96 Smith and Robert's are the favorites I think

105 I think Garett McCloud or Sheffer

113 I think is wide open

121 Geordon Blanton hands down probably best middle school kid in the state

130 Another one that is wide open

140 Andronei is the favorite but Blake Gamble showed this weekend he can be knocked off

152 168 190 are wide open

Heavy is Kerans to lose

I will go with

Yenter

Ervin

Lampe

Cooper

Carr - Union that reportedly was stolen from CC

Smith

Roth

Hall I hear he is back in sixth grade

Cooper

Ervin

Courtney

Ervin

Carr - Woodford If he can beat a Lawson

Reuschell

Binder if he makes weight

And has a ride !

And for the darkhorse I will take Chamberle

75 -Yenter has beat the #2 several times this year

92  Moore

113 Miles beat all top contenders

120 Blanton unstoppable

130 Branch has over 30 plus wins against High Schoolers this yr

190 Majors hands down hes beat the #1, and #3 kids at this weight division

Hwt Seward up in coming hasnt wrestled long and pinned the #2 for the regional title

Major got beat at regionals at 190 an I dnt c no one tlking about the heavy from apollo. 4 silvers an 1 bronze 2nd in region 1 an had (he not made a mistake with 30 seconds left in the match he wouldve won gold 10 to 1 over the top seed so yall keep sleepin on him kid only beenwrestling two months

The heavy weight division is for Kearns to lose. He is a man amongst boys. If he wants all first period pins at state he can and will do that. This is the same kid that just got back from Virginia Beach and made All-American status going 9-1 and his only loss was to a state champ from New Jersey losing 3-1. He is the nicest kid you will ever meet but warn all your heavy weights not to piss him off because Colytn wrestling mad at a middle school level is like watching mpire unleash ATM on you!

70- I'm going with Holub on this one. Region 3 was a meat grinder and Holub is a state runner up so I'm money is on him.

75- Yenter all the way. State champion last year and only loss this year was to Crase from Graham. Looked untouchable this weekend and I foresee him going unchallenged e route to another state championship.

80-Going with my man Roth on this one. Don't think he has a loss to anyone in state outside of Yenter. He should get his first state title this year. Good luck young man.

89-Smart money on Wells. He is like a four time finalist. Won a title last year, he is a machine and should capture his second state title this year. Only losses are to teammate Moore, and kid from Graham.

92- This is a tough one but I'm going with Moore on this one. I know he lost to river city kid early in the year and won the rematch a few weeks ago. I'm going with his past state tournament experience on this and say Moore comes away with number two this year.

98- I'm going with Smith on this one. Only loss is a 5-1 defeat to Sheffer who is at 105.

105- This is Scheffer's weight class. That's all I have to say about that.

113- This is a tough weight class to call but I think Miles win this weight class. Always been a fan of Johnson but I think Miles has his number.

120- Is Blanton still in Middle school?? I still remember when him and Wiley wrestled for a state title 4 years ago! Oh we'll he is here and he easily wins this weight class.

Not go real familiar with the next couple of weight classes

150-Cornett! He has been around forever and this is his year to be a champion! Great kid and even better wrestler. He should not only win this weight class but be a candidate for MOW.

HWT- This class is for Kearns to lose. He has not had any competition in the state or at a national level.

Given my math I think region 3 wins 8 state championships which I believe would be one more than last year. Can't wait for the state tournament! Everyone stay safe and healthy.

I'll take a shot at this:

70 BROWN Univ. Heights

75 YENTER Campbell Co.

80 ROTH Walton Verona

86 BENDER Bluegrass

92 MOORE Campbell Co.

98 SMITH Walton Verona

105 SHEFFER Union Co.

113 MILES River City

121 BLANTON Johnson Co.

130 SKINNER Campbell Co.

140 ANDREONI Fern Creek

152 CORNETT Turkey Foot

168 LUTTRELL Union Co.

190 ORR Paducah Til.

230 KEARNS Conner

STATE PREDICTIONS?!?!

This is a simple selection for me.  It looks like Region 3 than everyone else!  Region 3 wins at least 11 weight classes.