Sign in to follow this  
cmccoy

2013 Kentucky State Duals Teams

That's why you seed stuff ??

You still seed to try to spread and even out the talent. but you know sometimes there usually isnt much difference in 2,3 and 4 and with they way KY wrestling is so spread out geographically hardly anyone sees teams like JC or Western Ky teams so its hard to compare their competition vs other schools. So settle it on the mat.

State Duals is not an official KHSAA event.  They only sponsor/sanction the region and state tournaments.  The coaches association started and runs the state duals.

The matches count just as much as any dual or tourney during the regular season. 

All that it means is that the KHSAA does not recognize the winner of the state duals as a Ky champion.  Any more than they would recognize the winner of the Dragon or Rumble as a Ky champion.

It's just another tourney with no special meaning according to the KHSAA.

So do the matches count or were they for kicks ????

It's crazy a few years ago when the khsaa ended slow pitch softball for girls. What the coaches asscociation did was just run there own state tournament. Did it count ? In my eyes it did and to all the kids it did but it was not an officially sanctioned event by the KHSAA it would still be covered under the insurance but it's not treated as an official state tournament. The only events that are sponsored by the KHSAA are the Regions and State tourney at the Horsepark. In small words if you don't see the tournament on the KHSAA's website it's not sponsored by the KHSAA.

So they count and are a dual of the best teams and are called state duals but ate not recognized

Hahahahahahhahabwahahahahahahhahahahahahh

Ok those were some good Fern Creek duals congrats to them for having the best darn duals in the state , bit crowded ,"saw a whole other set of bleachers not getting used that perplexed me even if one section would have been used it would have been good . The small gym was desolate ??? Not complaining first state duals I ever attended anywhere , fun time for the most part SK stunned everyone , from what I saw Larue looked tough , I know I never mention them because I am not familiar with them .same for a lot of teams . Missed all ov Walton Veronas matches thought I saw Logan hammering someone at one point .

Just FYI....we did not make the T-shirts nor did we sell them. Fern Creek made arrangements for someone to sell them. The KYWCA made no money off of them.