Sign in to follow this  
cmccoy

2013 Kentucky State Duals Teams

I'm guessing it will start out in 3 pools of 4 and each pool will round robin.  From there it will break down into 4 pools of 3 with the winner of each previous pool going into a pool together, 2nd place from the previous pools going in together, etc.  Each one of those pools will round robin.  It would be tough to hold it in a day, but under the old format for regional duals, Region 3 did something similar.  It worked out pretty well overall.  I guess the old format could still be used as well where you start in pool play then break off into brackets.  Either way it would be interesting to see.  On a side note, I'm proud of Bullitt East.  Good to see those kids have a little success.  They're definitely up against it in the big school division and I can't imagine them doing very well against those schools, but I'm proud of the kids nonetheless.

Either way, I'm in.  It's literally right around the corner from my house.  It'll be interesting and fun to watch.  Either way, I'll get to see Coach Davis from Meade stand up and yell the same thing over and over again.  That guy can flat out yell.

• Upvote 1

So all the speculation was useless , three pools of four so where are the results so far of the duals !!!!!Or are they in order of 1st 2nd

As I suspected , interesting results , I still do not understand why more schools did not attempt to make duals at least in our region section or whatever it is , Ryle should have given it a shot a shot I thought , Trinity losing to Oldham ? I think I saw Oldham against CC in the beginning of The year ,I may be mistaken I think they won against CC but it was a mishmash lineup but they were tough , I know there is south north or something as well so it could have Been them . Shirlkeys team !!i remember hammers !,

Whoa there cowboy don't get your dancin shoes all worked up , I said I may be mistaken , that means wrong , I thought it was close or CC may have lost glad I was mistaken .

Just messin with you , big weekend go watch some

Matches do some stand ups switches , something that will help you win .

As I suspected , interesting results , I still do not understand why more schools did not attempt to make duals at least in our region section or whatever it is , Ryle should have given it a shot a shot I thought , Trinity losing to Oldham ? I think I saw Oldham against CC in the beginning of The year ,I may be mistaken I think they won against CC but it was a mishmash lineup but they were tough , I know there is south north or something as well so it could have Been them . Shirlkeys team !!i remember hammers !,

Ryle hasn't participated in state duals in several years choosing to go to Wadsworth instead.

Ok , I figured it had to do with a decent tournament , I wasn't taking a knock I know Ryle has a tough team and in a dual anything can happen particularly with how kids seem to change weights or perhaps it's how KY decent plan is set up . It is Definatly a bit different than Ohio .

Ok , I figured it had to do with a decent tournament , I wasn't taking a knock I know Ryle has a tough team and in a dual anything can happen particularly with how kids seem to change weights or perhaps it's how KY decent plan is set up . It is Definatly a bit different than Ohio .

I didn't take it as a knock. Good luck region 6 (err section 5)

Either way, I'm in.  It's literally right around the corner from my house.  It'll be interesting and fun to watch.  Either way, I'll get to see Coach Davis from Meade stand up and yell the same thing over and over again.  That guy can flat out yell.

He certainly can. :D

I like the 4 pools of 3 done like a bracket (poolA vs poolD winner faces winner of poolB vs poolC) after the pool round.  Four matches to win it which saves one for an over all champ, small vs large!  How about it coaches?

This is a GREAT idea. Ryle needs to find a way to attend every year.  

Raider-

"Ryle hasn't participated in state duals in several years choosing to go to Wadsworth instead."

Im pretty sure they were in it the yr before last.. and we had the snow the two yrs before, not sure if they were planning on attending those years.

Overall championship match would be CC vs. Union.  CC wins the match because Union's studs win on decisions (Maybe Brock by pin or major), but CC's studs - especially from 152 up - win by major or pin.  Give the edge to CC on this.  On the other hand, impressive that Union won the Mater Dei tournament.  Years ago Caldwell took second with 4 finalists, but I can't ever remember a Kentucky team winning Mater Dei.  Have to concede that both CC and UC have taken risks to go out of state and wrestle very tough competition.  Will help them both come state duals and individual state.  MPIRE my kids are grown and out of high school, but came out of Missouri youth programs.  Frankly, the past 5 years I have seen improvement in Kentucky wrestling, partly because of what you have said regarding their willingness to go up to Ohio and Indiana to find tough competition.  There are some pretty solid and competitive kids wrestling in the state this year.                                                                                                                                                                       

Your kids are studs, of course, but not the only high quality kids coming out of Kentucky this year.  Go up to the Anvil and make a statement for us!!!

I never thought for a moment that CC or My kids were the only studs I constantly brag on all the top kids - CC , UC . X , Trinity , SK , Ryles , Woodford , Lafayette , and the ones I know who have potential like One at Grant I have mentioned , or at Connor , and so on ,

I don't think anyone could accuse me of not talking up kids I know or other kids , but I'm sure they could accuse me of talking about mine a whole lot more :)

CC had done very well at every tournament I'm Ohio an made a huge statement big guns and little guns coaches and all ,

Winning big school at GMVWA , Fairfield , and Lakota , tournys and Dual , ad doing well at Franklin with guys out and ejected ,

The Hammer and Anvil will giv them a chance to represent again , a tough team from Mich loaded with ten top ten kida from Mich should be a big test ,

The yr has been going fast to fast for me but it's kept me

On the edge of my seat , usually happy and very mad / upset once , can't ask for more , "except a fair call ":)

Unreal and very tough comp for mys 152 / 160 lber and a few good ones for my 220 , this weekend again I will be excited nervous , another state champ soon to be D1 wrestler Stephen will most probably be facing and two top four ranked kids and placers one from Ohio and another from Mich , No Stephen did not do Iron Man but if I had to guess he has faced more top comp than any of the KY kids who was there and probably as much or more than most of the kids who were there period . just a coincidence in his class I am sure but it hassle for a big sr yr and says a lot about CC and thee schedule . As I have said , One of the top three or four tournys would be nice but they have done a good job with scheduling at CC . A few kids at CC do deserve a shot at a huge tourny next yr maybe they can get it , doesn't have to be Iron Man , I would say PA Powerade is on par and perhaps more uhhhh hospitable to outsiders or KENTUCKiANS.

Trust me when is say it is not my sole perception or take on things .

Hope KY puts together some nice stuff for The Fargo team maybe a camp

A week long camp , same for NHSCA duals again . Many impressive wrestlers in Ky all around , a lot of fun going over last yrs state tourny and all the matches , a long twisting journey for my Boy / Boys in their wrestling careers , hope it ends well for my oldest and as well for everyone as it can .

ATM has a nice test with a top ranked kid as well this weekend. Hasn't had the comp steph has this yr but has lit up some kids and have everyone some exciting matches and big moments .

CC is fortunate to have the SRs it has even though they are a bit different and just as fortunate to have the rest on their team , I thought they might b in trouble next yr losing the srs they will

But I have changed my mind , others have stepped up , and I think they will have two of the top three kids in the state and three of the top ten at least next yr , and I see them having two of the best and more the following ,

They actually have a FOR real Dynasty win or lose at state this yr or the next two and beyond .

I would look outside the box a bit , outside Ky and Ohio if I were them

. I would not do as many in Ohio another big one or two in KY perhaps one in ind and step up and go to PA

Although I do want ATM on the podium at Iron Man , I honestly do not trust them

Raider-

"Ryle hasn't participated in state duals in several years choosing to go to Wadsworth instead."

Im pretty sure they were in it the yr before last.. and we had the snow the two yrs before, not sure if they were planning on attending those years.

The conflict for Ryle used to be the qualifying event, regional duals. The year you are talking about, Ryle sent their JV team to regionals and JV team finished 2nd, qualifying the team for state duals. I can't remember if the team ended up going or not.

Gotcha...yes, I can remember them being there. Hopefully with the way sectionals are laid out, they will start participating. They are too good not to be in it.

Gotcha...yes, I can remember them being there. Hopefully with the way sectionals are laid out, they will start participating. They are too good not to be in it.

I doubt it. But who knows.

This is a tought for next year if you dont due a big school vs small school match

use the 4 pools of 3

instead of using a classic semi finals, round robin the 4 semis for the championship. I know you dont have a championship but you do have a true champion and you have a few extra really good duals. And the luck of the draw and seed is less important.

I got the idea from looking at the small school bracket and saw Larue wrestling Union in the semis, just bad luck on the seed draw. I know that Moore, JC and Larue are probably really close and this was a pain to seed. You dont see JC hardly through out the year and I dont know of any of these guys got to wrestle each other. How this was seeded would have made this an interesting meeting. My way , you have an equal chance of settleing it on the mat.

If you didnt have to have a championship to a pease the crowd wouldnt it be great if the did that with all the semifinalist at the state tourney