Johnson Central

Ashland Paul Blazer

Wayne County

McCreary County

Moore

Franklin County

Larue County

Central

Congratulations to all of these teams! Best of Luck!

Whooooooo state duals baby ,,

So what is it , 3 pools of four ,placers from pools wrestle their counterparts form the other pools in finals !!!!!

Four of three that would be a twist but I guess it wouldnt matter it would make finals more interesting .

So who will

Be top four / three ??????

I like the 4 pools of 3 done like a bracket (poolA vs poolD winner faces winner of poolB vs poolC) after the pool round.  Four matches to win it which saves one for an over all champ, small vs large!  How about it coaches?

That sounds awesome , let all

The placers from large wrestle their opposites from small , there can be small

And large winners

And an overall sounds like a great concept

!!!!

Please do small school vs big school!!! There is no real state duals champ without doing so! The split only hurts ky wrestling by weakening the tournament and splitting the talent.

Whaaaaaaatttttttt that's insane ain't no way what the heck are you smokin

Union winning small school your nuts .hahhahahhah

Do you really think Woodford Is top three , not knocking them I know they have some studs but are they solid enough , I honestly do not know .

I was expecting Ryle Sk or Trinity to be top 3 or 4 in large but I do not know .

Ok, someone help me out. I understand that big and small will be wrestled separately with 12 teams in each division. 6#1's and 6#2's per. Riddle me this, if there are 4 pools of 3 how does it get desided which pools have 2#1's and a #2, and which has 1#1 and 2#2's? Take some tylenol if that just made your head hurt.

They will have a very entertaining seeding meeting.  Six #1's will be seeded 1-6 with #3 and #4 having another #1 in their pool.  Only logical scenario to me, but who knows?  I'd like to bug the room though!

Interesting for sure. Three pools of 4 would fix the problem. 2#1's and 2#2's per. Three pool winners wrestle a round robin for 1st thru 3rd. Still stay within the 5 match rule. IDK, just a stab in the dark.

So top two teams have 2s and 3 n 4 will have 5n 6 from the 1s and the last two 2 s Ok I got it ,

No really I do its easy .

CC and X , will meet in the finals , then CC and union can go outside and duke it out , I'm confident of a CC win in this scenario , our big guns are well bigger literally .

That's what I thought but it could be a ruse to throw PH off his game I bet it is already taking precious training time away from him .

I heard he pulled a pair of brass Knucks out of his singlet and clocked an Ohio kid over the weekend then threw his headgear at the ref so he could hide his Knucks again and ran out of the gym ,

Not sure he's allowed to wrestle but he said if Carr can carry a backpack he can carry some knucks around , fair is fair

Im confused by the list. 

This weekend I thought Region 8 hosted the region duals at Johnson Central and Wayne Co. It was my understanding one was for large and one was for small schools. 

This list has 4 region 8 teams all listed under small schools. Did I miss something?

State duals are divided into 6 sectionals, not 8 regions.  They are in different sectionals for state duals but still in region 8.  They will be in different regions starting next year with the new alignment on the khsaa website.

Or look at it a different way. The 1 and 2 seed get 2 #2's and while the 3 and 4 get a 1 and a 2. Not complicated.

I will say this again. This was done to see if it helps growth. If I remember correctly, and I know I do, when we went to the 32 man bracket there was a lot of whining about how oh it waters it down, yadi, yadi, yadi....yet it did its purpose. Took us from around 70 teams to over 100. Keep your eye on the big prize and not just the one for your team.