Sign in to follow this  
Evolution

Cooper- Myers Battle !!!!

All good points and hugs and kisses , It was a heck of a match wed maybe one of the best ever in the state , and in5 , 6 or 7 yrs it will all be a pointless argument hopefully Stephen and Kevin are the best ever , they just gave everyone the match they wanted to see for the last two yrs ,

Reuschell is a D1 AA hard to argue with that and hard to argue about the divisions , either way , I wonder what kids wrestling in Ky HS right now will become AAs in college in any div , rather have a positive thread than an admiral trumps general loses to Czar type thread ,

I wonder if Kevin or Stephen ever manage to AA thu have the skill and have been all over the country wrestling , Stephen has wrestled all over the country wins in an awful lot of states , Austin having a bit more success minus Fargo which is probably top of the mountain ,and places in Powerade and Iron Man , but ATM has much better placing at NHSCA nat , this yr will be good hope they all place again ,

Let's kill the top family thread do something fun and constructive like , who do you love to hate :) thread

Wasn't intending to dis either family. Great respect for both. I fully expect Austin and Stephen to take their place as the best ever or in that discussion when all said and done. No doubt.

Really? Interesting. I think most would opine that NAIA is on par with DII/III but not DI.

Chionuma, an NAIA Champion for Lindenwood in 2011, came in ranked 15th, and an underdog to Iowa’s 6th-ranked Ethan Lofthouse. But Chionuma won 3-2, and gave the edge to the hometown Cowboys who eventually won 18-12 in a dual without a single bonus point.

Your opinion is void!!!!!!

Really? Interesting. I think most would opine that NAIA is on par with DII/III but not DI.

I think in terms of depth there is no contest. DI is heads and tails above the others. That said, there is not a lot of money available at the DI level, 9.9 schollies total per team. So, I would guess that many top level DII, DIII, and NAIA can compete at the DI level.

I've seen many Div I scrubs, compared to other DI wrestlers anyway, do very well against lower division AAs and even champs (yours truly included). My point is not to denigrate the lower divisions.

It's interesting. Colt Sponsellor was a top

recruit when he came out a few years ago. He was consistently ranked top 6-8. However, he only made AA once and had to battle Howe, Mornigstar, and some kid from Nebraska named Jordan Burroughs. Had he gone to Ashland he probably could have had multiple titles.

That brings us back to Mr Cooper and Mr Meyer. Do they have the talent and potential to go Big Ten or EIWA? Probably. Would they make AA? Who knows? I bet they'd both excel on the mat at L-W, Campbellsville, or Notre Dame though. The question to me then is do you want a degree from L-W and an AA plaque or a few varsity letters from Lehigh and the network that goes with it? Perhaps another option is a small DI school where you can compete on a stage with the big boys and not risk being buried on the depth chart like Tessari and Paddock.

I bet Mpire is in the midst of these decisions right now. Everyone is different and there's no right choice, but I know what I'd do.

Nice problem to have though.

Well , I'm in the midst of a lot of things Stephen is talking to a few coaches , he can do whatever he wants in this sport everyone knows it. At least anyone who has been around him when he's full tilt 100 % go .

He will do what he wants

Austin on the other hand will go D1 can go to any school Big ten or otherwise and will be an AA AA or more .